FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Post-Match Thread : ICT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we get the cup with Dundee visiting. Incredible!

That will be so sweet !!! considering they were gonna skoosh it !

I'd kinda like ICT to get stuffed something like 5:0 by Dundee. That would drive their supporters bananas by turning it on against the top team, whilst getting stuffed by everyone else :allhail:

Nah - 3-2 win for us (Rooney hat-trick) after being 0-2 down at half-time....and getting 9 wins in a row.... now that would be what you call a happy ending.... :)

And we get the cup with Dundee visiting. Incredible!

That will be so sweet !!! considering they were gonna skoosh it !

I'd kinda like ICT to get stuffed something like 5:0 by Dundee. That would drive their supporters bananas by turning it on against the top team, whilst getting stuffed by everyone else :allhail:

Nah - 3-2 win for us (Rooney hat-trick) after being 0-2 down at half-time....and getting 9 wins in a row.... now that would be what you call a happy ending.... :021:

Or, a great sliding tackle by Brian Kerr with Foran right through on goal. Blatant dive by the already booked Foran. Should be off but no! The referee, 30 yards away, over-rules his linesman. Kerr gets a straight red. Penalty! 1:1 after 90 mins. Only injury time. Djebi-Zadi well offside. What? The ref disagrees with his linesman? The goal is allowed to stand? Surely not! But it's given :)

Never doubted Butcher, ever. Was always behind him and the job he had to do. Promotion is a suprise for me, especially this easy as I have maintained from the start that the First Division is the hardest league to get out of.

No humble pie for this man, only shortbread

There might be a few people out there who may be hungry. :allhail:

humble-pie.jpg

Most of the posters on here????

Actually, I think the majority have been pro-Butcher for most of the time ... yes there were a few casting nasturtiums (:)) but a lot of us - and i include myself in that number - have posted frequently that he must be given time to get it right and to look at his record at Motherwell which is the only other club where TB/MM were a partnership rather than Brentford or Australia or other clubs.

Thought the second half would have been more nerve wracking but It was surprisingly not to bad.

Rooney's goal was spectacular and foran manged to finish it of :allhail:

Can't believe we are almost there and am proud of all the boys.

McBain fitted in well and even with two good players out we managed to grab the win.

Fantastic season !

Oh and yeah, I admit I was a Butcher doubter, but in fairness, when I was, the team selections were pretty poor, Stratford persistantly playing ahead of Duncan, Rooney not getting a fair chance etc.

Cheers though, Terry and Maurice, for playing a good team to the best of their ability. Can't ask for any more !

Absolutely Delighted ! :allhail:

First half was very even, and we didn't really create anything. Not to sure their player handled it for the goal, but....who cares!!

Second half...we were brilliant. Foran, Eric, Rooney...covered every inch of grass. I knew Tel would take Foran off towards the end, purely for the inevitable ovation I thought. He fully deserved it. He's been inspirational this season, and he's driven the team on when it never looked likely.

And great to see Roy back in there. Him and russell were immense in the middle.

Roll on next week, it's going to be a great day down in Ayr :clapping04:

A good result, couldn't ask for anything more. Obviously it would've been nice had Dundee got beat but well...they didn't. No-one really had a bad game, Bully looked a bit shaky to begin with but got better as time went on and Eric was a bit better than usual (though did look better on the wing). Foran was my MOTM, worked very hard. Esson had a couple of good saves, Hayes was okay but not quite as lively as usual, and it was good to see McBain back and it's been long overdue (he played well too). It was also good to see Lionel back, and he didn't nothing wrong the whole time he was on! Rooney took his goal well and had a couple of other chances, but was (bar one chance) a bit quiet in the first half, mainly because of the long punt nonsense that he had no chance at all with. Every opportunity, was just punt, punt, punt. A good result and two well taken goals, but can we please stop all this long ball garbage.

Cracking second-half performance, summed up our season. Terrific up front, Rooney is a revelation, and Esson pulling off a couple of stunning saves to keep us in front.

Delighted that we didn't win it today, I'm already looking forward to Ayr away and enjoying the entire match with no worries. 1000+ away fans belting out the songs for 90 minutes, much better than sitting and waiting for the Dundee/County result to come through.

MOTM - Difficult, Rooney is the most improved player I have ever seen in my life. Shuperb, could have had a hat-trick and did his best to set up Sanchez for a hat-trick too. Foran is a LEGEND, the man has been an inspiration recently. McBain was excellent, I've always liked his style; socks rolled down, running at players.

Rooney wins it, a fantastic goal, he enjoys every second he spends on that pitch and celebrates every goal with the fans.

I actually thought all of the starting eleven played well today.

I would have to single out Tokely as being immense in defence today. He seemed to pop up everywhere and was organising everything from the back. After the way last season finished, I thought he possibly showed today that his strongest position is now in the middle (as Butcher has already seemed to notice).