FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Post-Match Thread : ICT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

Tense first half - we had all the play but didn't really create any chances. I was far away from the two decisions on the 'goals' but the flag was up early for the offside and the handball was clear, according to those who were looking from a better angle. The fact that Phinn was booked for it suggests it was pretty blatent.

Second half we stepped it right up and really blitzed the Pars. Hayes started tormenting McCann and the front players all looked to find more space. Odhiambo did well I thought, protected possession well and made a few good passes. Rooney did his usual ginger Torres act, what a player he has been for us - it's easy to forget that he didn't start starting regularly until November. Foran is just a beast, my vote for best player in the division. In midfield, the forgotten Roy McBain was absolutely magnificent, perhaps our best player. His tackling, workrate and distribution were excellent. Russell also had a good game for us, another giant in the run we've been on.

The first goal was a great finish from Rooney - Tokely (magisterial at centre half again) sent a long ball forward and Rooney got onto it before the keeper and lobbed him from outside the area. It was an Iain Stewart special, with the ball seeming to spend half an hour in the air before hitting the net. The second came a few minutes later with Odhiambo moved forward before releasing Foran to slot home a neat finish. Rooney almost added a goal of the season effort when he hit a stunning volley from 25 yards, only for Woods to get a hand to it.

Dunfermline looked OK going forward and had a couple of chances towards the end, but Esson dealt calmly with anything that came his way. In the end there was a slight sense of anticlimax as Dundee pulled it back against MOrton, after a party atmosphere when they went 2-0 down. Shame but I think it would take a miracle for us to lose it now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tense first half - we had all the play but didn't really create any chances. I was far away from the two decisions on the 'goals' but the flag was up early for the offside and the handball was clear, according to those who were looking from a better angle. The fact that Phinn was booked for it suggests it was pretty blatent.

Amazingly it was the west side Assistant Referee who flagged for the handball. Neither the referee nor Main stand Assistant (both of who were much closer) were going to give it :P

Another great result - has that equalized our longest win streak?

ICT's longest winning run is eleven which started on November 16th 1996 with a 2-0 home win over Ross County and ended on February 22nd 1997 with a 1 all draw at home to Forfar. It was part of what is also ICT's longest unbeaten run of 22 games which was bracketed by defeats on October 26th 1996 and April 26th 1997 - dates which are exactly 6 months apart.

Another great result - has that equalized our longest win streak?

ICT's longest winning run is eleven which started on November 16th 1996 with a 2-0 home win over Ross County and ended on February 22nd 1997 with a 1 all draw at home to Forfar. It was part of what is also ICT's longest unbeaten run of 22 games which was bracketed by defeats on October 26th 1996 and April 26th 1997 - dates which are exactly 6 months apart.

There must be several clubs with a hundred years more history in the SFL who can't boast of such a run.

havent been to as many games as i would have liked this year but that has made up for it...yes we were a bit poo in the first half...dont know if it was nerves or what but for long enough the majority of the boys didnt look like they were there...particularly liked the spat between rooney and foran on the half way line..nice to see some passion in the team.

loved the end and it was nice to see a manager not afraid to show some emotion and could clearly see how happy terry was and the hug for the players was a nice touch and i think it underlined the fact that they are all so close and tight nit as a team

Different class in the 2nd half, Rooney and Foran again with quality finishes and well done to Butcher for putting Roy into the team...he played a blinder.

Did anybody else feel that we were in third gear for the majority of the match, upped it for the second half, scored the second and practically went in to cruise control. I really was expecting more from Dumbfarmlife who to be hones were poor in the first and feckin dire in the second. And what about the away support - we get blasted but going by previous games that was abysmal.

From behind the goals it looked a cast iron hand ball but not shure of tother plus their centre half missed a feckin sitter. Why do we have to wait for the second half at home to come to ? I also thought that as with Morton and Queenies we really rode our luck - which has really been with us of late.

Tokes could have netted the first but he mistimed and Bully could have slotted home the rebound. I actually thought that Tokes meant the through ball to Rooney and it was far from a punt plus if his volley had gone a foot either side of the keeper it would have been goal of the season:

ESSON B) B) B) B) Cant say more than he rarely looks like getting beaten

PROCTOR B) B) B) Quiet game I thought - defended well but never really any attacking threat.

BULLY B) B) B) B) Best player by a mile in the first half and did well enuff in the second.

ROSSCOE B) B) B) B) B) Never really wanted him to be a centre back but his committment and motivation are there to be admired. Never put a foot wrong.

GOLLY B) B) B) As per Proctor

HAYES B) B) B) Actually disappointed me - didnt go fer the bye line as often as he should have.

MCBAIN B) B) B) B) B) I will give him MOTM as he played as if he had never been away. I really thought that we would miss Cox but Royster more than filled the gap.

DUNCAN B) B) B) B) Looked just as at home with Roy as he does with Cox.

FORAN B) B) B) B) Playe the captains part - better overall game than I have seen of late

ERIC B) B) B) A bit like Queenies - he has a lot to improve on but he was busy and laid on the second goal

ROONEY B) B) B) B) I thought that he had a very poor fiirst half by his standards but he evidently came too !!

Having read the Sunday papers it would appear that most never even noticed the return of Jimmy Zadi :P :lol:

And as fer the support I know why I now save up to go away. The boys in Section b and smatterings around give it a go but there are far too many sweetie rustlers in the North Stand.

TERRY BUTCHER B) B) B) B) B) Enuff said

It's another fair assessment Johndo, although we really tore into them in the second half. The stats tell their own story. Esson did make two or three crucial saves, what a keeper he has turned out to be. Rooney was too isolated in the first half, but we upped our game in the second half and despite Esson making a superb save and block, the Pars keeper was by far the busier and Rooney's dipper produced a great save. Rossco header blocked, Sanchez dithering as he never had the confidence to hit it first time, overall we really deserved to win comfortably, but the first half was, well, poor.

Agree about Roy, he filled Cox's boots and looked like he is supposed to be playing every week. In fact, had he been playing earlier in the season we would be champs by now. Eric had his best game yet and grew in confidence once we went ahead. he must have been close to MoM as well. Hard to down anyone after such a comprehensive attacking display in the second half.

A Wee Question:

How Many Other Clubs Have Bounced Back To The SPL?

We would be the third side in recent season to go down and then come back up. Hibs and St. Mirren have done it before but I think only one of them (St. Mirren?) did it under the current SPL / SFL1 set up. Not 100% sure though.

We are the only team ever to get relegated from the SPL and then win the 1st Division the next season.

Hibs got relegated from the SPL's predecessor then bounced back up. Did Dunfermline go back up as Div 1 runners up?

We are will be the only team ever to get relegated from the SPL and then win the 1st Division the next season.

Hibs got relegated from the SPL's predecessor then bounced back up. Did Dunfermline go back up as Div 1 runners up?

The orchestra may be playing the intro and the fat lady may have taken a big deep breath - but she aint started singing yet!