FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Just out of Interest

Laurence

Hi

As a new arrival to this site - Just wondering - I believe R. County will be playing in Europe next season.

I had to visit the hospital in Dingwall a few days ago. I noticed their ground , at the same time.

I was wondering , how could they entertain , Juve , or Man City, there.

Would the games have to be played in Inverness, or Aberdeen ?

Just wondering.

Hi

As a new arrival to this site - Just wondering - I believe R. County will be playing in Europe next season.

I had to visit the hospital in Dingwall a few days ago. I noticed their ground , at the same time.

Just wondering.

Are you a plant? :lol:

County have to beat Utd in the final or utd have to finish second in the league.

Viccy Park can be used for European competition but I doubt it'll happen.

Hi

Just wondering.

Are you a plant? :lol:

County have to beat Utd in the final or utd have to finish second in the league.

Viccy Park can be used for European competition but I doubt it'll happen.

I thought it was C*unty had to win the cup AND Utd finnish 2nd in the league....for the peg sellers to get into europe?

I thought it was C*unty had to win the cup AND Utd finnish 2nd in the league....for the peg sellers to get into europe?

You may be right. Do the Cup winners not qualify automatically and the runners-up qualify if the winers are already there?

You may be right. Do the Cup winners not qualify automatically and the runners-up qualify if the winers are already there?

Am sure i heard what i posted on sky sports yesterday. then again....i do get muddled up at times...but i THINK that is what was sed.

The runners up only qualify for the Europa league if the winners have qualified for the champions league. So Dundee Utd would have to finish 2nd which is not looking likely so for County to get into Europe they need to win the cup.

The cup winners actually take the highest Europa league entry spot and would go in to it at a later round than Hibs/Motherwell and Dundee Utd, I think they would go into the round before the group stages like Hearts did last year and as they would be unseeded they would face a pretty decent team, which is prob what they would want.

Also Victoria Park is not really up to Europa league standards as they don't allow standing spectators so that would severly limit the capacity, if they do qualify for Europe you would most likely find that they play their game in Inverness.

Cheers Joe, I was right then. County need to win the cup or have Utd finish second in the SPL. :004:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ups/8634528.stm

By the way Scotland have been awarded 6 tems in Europe next season

Pretty sure it's only 5 we get. 1st and 2nd in the Champions league, 3rd and 4th in the Europa and cup winners in the Europa. That is why if the cup is won by a team finishing 3rd or 4th (as the link says) then 5th place takes the Europa spot.

IF County were to win the cup, then we would enter the Europa league at the R4 stage, which is the round before the Group Stages. We would be an unseeded team in that obviously as we have no European history, so based on this season's ties that would mean we would get a team along the lines of Liverpool, Roma, Athletico Madrid or Dynamo Moscow.

If we qualify as cup runners-up (that would mean Dundee Utd finsihed second int he league) then we would enter at the R1 stage, where you would get a team from the Faroes, Iceland, Norway, Denmark etc (it's regonalised int he early rounds)

Another point of interest - IF we win the cup AND Dundee Utd finish second in the SPL, then County would be in the Europa League at R4 stage, while Celtic (assumingthey finsihed third) would have to enter the Europa League at the round before County.

All Hypothetical at the moment.... And worse I don't even have a current passport - should I get one booked ASAP ??

IF County were to win the cup, then we would enter the Europa league at the R4 stage, which is the round before the Group Stages. We would be an unseeded team in that obviously as we have no European history, so based on this season's ties that would mean we would get a team along the lines of Liverpool, Roma, Athletico Madrid or Dynamo Moscow.

If we qualify as cup runners-up (that would mean Dundee Utd finsihed second int he league) then we would enter at the R1 stage, where you would get a team from the Faroes, Iceland, Norway, Denmark etc (it's regonalised int he early rounds)

Another point of interest - IF we win the cup AND Dundee Utd finish second in the SPL, then County would be in the Europa League at R4 stage, while Celtic (assumingthey finsihed third) would have to enter the Europa League at the round before County.

All Hypothetical at the moment.... And worse I don't even have a current passport - should I get one booked ASAP ??

You best win the Cup then, good luck (seriously). Good luck for the rest of the season too. You can get a passport same day if you go to the passport office at Gallowgate in Glasgow (near Buchaanan St. bus station) and pay the premium rate for the service.

You won't need a passport for Alloa.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Well I am discounting them winning the Scottish Cup.

And Celtic have cemented second.

Wouldn't write them off just yet .

If United play as badly in the cup final as they did today, I'd put money on County lifting the cup....