FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen game moved to Monday 6th November

Guest tig

What a brilliant idea that was... :007:

Shame cos I don't think it'll be a sell out like normal. Aberdeen have been mucked about with the Hibs game the week before being moved to a Monday too. Friday night would probably have been better.

What are your views on games being moved to suit Setanta and not the fans?

Oh fer fecks sake not again....bang goes another weekends trip up for the footy. Feck it...I'm off to Nuneaton Borough. Hey Setanta - shove yer TV where the feckin sun don't shine.  :008: :008: :008:

Changing dates is a real problem for us exiles who have to make our travel arrangements weeks in advance.  Fortunately I wasn't intending to come for the Aberdeen game, but I am up for the Dunfermline game with three friends.  Our flights, hotels, car hire has been booked for at least two months, so if that game had been moved at only a few weeks notice, we would have been well screwed, and out of pocket by several hundred pounds.  I don't know what can be done about it, but it certainly doesn't make it easy for us long didtance supporters

SPL & Setanta wanted Friday 3rd for this game (and other Fridays for other games) but as Alex mentioned, the Police (all over the country) put the kybosh on that plan as they tend to be quite busy on a Friday night without the added hassle of policing a football match.

However, I cant for the life of me see the point of inconveniencing fans by moving it to the Monday just because they cant get the Friday !!

I wonder how much money the club will actually get from Setanta for this game??

Aberdeen games are normally close to sell out's but shifting it to a Monday night will surely hit the attendance hard.

It's just a guestimate but I'd reckon from a potential crowd of 7000 we'll struggle to get 4,000 for the game now.  :017:

Why couldn't it have been Saturday 12.30 if Setanta wanted to show it? Still have been on tv and still have got a decent crowd...and as far as I'm aware there's no match in that slot. For folk from Aberdeen it's not too bad, if they drive, and maybe Scotrail will postpone the last train back that way to leave maybe an extra half hour later or something, but for people elsewhere, Glasgow (like me, and Joe DiMaggio mentioned) it's a nightmare. I'm just going to skive off uni on Tuesday morning so I can go but I'm extremely pissed off that Aberdeen have got the short straw in consecutive weeks. I know that like Aberdeen, Caley have got a lot of fans who stay in the central belt, etc, and it's just a nigthmare.

I still think Aberdeen will sell around 1500 tickets, though probably not sell out.

As I have said before, some things should not be "about the money" and personally I don't give a flying monkeys if clubs are going to be making more out of games being televised, not when it interfears so heavily with everyones willingness/ability to go along and watch the match.

The SPL sold their soul (what was left of it) to Setanta with this deal and as usual it is the punter who suffers.

well we will lose money because they agreed before the season how much money was in the pot to be shared out i dont think it will be a big crowd  as it will be on santanta who will make some extra money 

No we wont. When the deal was announced for the 'extra' 22 games a couple of months ago, the sponsorship amount from Setanta also went up. I have the numbers somewhere and am sure it was probably posted in the message boards too .... but clubs wont lose out.

I do however agree with CaleyD .... the ones who WILL lose out (AGAIN ) are the fans ... it would be bad enough if the teams were located in the same city or even close by, or if public transportation (both local and national) was adequate to get people to/from the game but a 2 hour drive each-way along the A96 at night is not something most Dons fans will relish (or out-of-town ICT fans). Add to that fact that quite a few from further afield - central belt, Coventry etc - had planned to come to the Saturday game and it shows just how out of touch the football authorities and TV companies are.

One would have thought that 12.30, 2.00, 3.00 sat and sun would be enough slots but I think Setanta have some agreement with Premplus on scheduling hence the friday night monday night games. Personally I think the police excuses for not allowing friday nights is a load of cr@p. Trouble doesn't usually begin till well after any match would end. Police used for football matches are normally on overtime shifts so as not to impinge on other policing and those who do get rowdy in town centres are likely to be at the match anyway.

It does my feckin' head in all this TV bollox. Its bad enough trying to get folk to go to the TCS in the first place without moving the ruddy fixture. The SPL and Setanta have a lot to answer for here. As has been said, its the paying football fan who has, again, got to suffer for the money bags and greedy bosses in the ranks of the SPL. Football is a spectator sport not a feckin soap opera.

I've just sent a sarcastic e-mail to Setanta thanking them for ruining my weekend - doubt I'll get a reply and I'm not even expecting one.

Oooooooooh I'm so feckin mad.....  :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: