FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch invasion(s)

Murchie

It didn@t go down too well on open all mics on radio scotland.

By all means run onto the pitch at the end but not while te game is still in play.

:clapping02:

What was said? Or was Chic just being a moany cunto?

richard gordon was going on about it and i hope it calms down.

chick replied after the 3rd invasion that it was all good natured.

Was Richard Gordon at the match? I thought it was just Chic. BTW, thought it was decent of BBC to put Chic there. I know that we all dislike him yadda yadda yadda, but he is their premier reporter.

no he is the head man, he just passed comment on the invasions.

chihc young will have to dig out his paasport and come north next season according to robbo.

:clapping04:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often will we win a league? We were 6 and 7 goals ahead with minutes left, of course it was going to happen. Great celebrating with the players and getting a season of nervous torture of our backs.

I'm with Scotty on this one, and whilst I chose not to join in the first twice I was on the pitch at the final whistle.

It probably shouldn't have happened but it was always going to and it did....so it's a "hey ho" as opposed to "bah humbug" from me.

It didn't really cause any delay, the fans were on, celebrated and off and it took no longer than player celebration and return to the centre for the re-start. Ref didn't look particularly surprised or perturbed and stewards handled it appropriately without creating any undue problems or carting anyone off....which might have happened in many other places we've visited this season.

All I would add is that I hope the fans don't get carried away when we start pumping the goals past Dundee next week. Let's keep the partying to the stands until the final whistle and give nobody any excuse to rain on the parade.

I'm with Scotty on this one, and whilst I chose not to join in the first twice I was on the pitch at the final whistle.

It probably shouldn't have happened but it was always going to and it did....so it's a "hey ho" as opposed to "bah humbug" from me.

It didn't really cause any delay, the fans were on, celebrated and off and it took no longer than player celebration and return to the centre for the re-start. Ref didn't look particularly surprised or perturbed and stewards handled it appropriately without creating any undue problems or carting anyone off....which might have happened in many other places we've visited this season.

All I would add is that I hope the fans don't get carried away when we start pumping the goals past Dundee next week. Let's keep the partying to the stands until the final whistle and give nobody any excuse to rain on the parade.

Think you're spot on with that comment... I would understand Murchie's comments if the fans weren't straight off the pitch after. The players ran to the fans, we celebrated with them and the stewards did an excellent job of ushering us back within seconds. Not to mention the fact we managed to control ourselves for the first 5 goals!!!

Other than the matchday threads there has only been 2 others and both are controversial.... ffs how anyone can pull a negative out of yesterday is beyond me.

CD... thanks for sorting some seats for us on the bus from Ship Inn.. legend

Harry, you will have to take that down because it shows match action.

I thought it was only the ones recorded by the club you couldn't use?

Thats the Politest pitch invasion i have ever seen. No maliciousness...just over excitement. Cleared pretty quickly...no harm done!

Yep. Sums it up for me, though i was one of those on the pitch.

The pitch invasions are not people getting caught up in the moment, they are pre planned and test of one 'Mentalness', however, so what? There was not a bit of nastiness about it, the Ayr fans were not goaded and as has been pointed out, the pitch was cleared quickly. Although there were probably quite a few who managed this, I saw to guys getting involved with the players all three times and I noticed a wee guy trying to swing of tokely at the end must have been brilliant! The down side of this is that the players had to get of the pitch quickly when I would have like a bundesliga style bow at the end.

All you mad men, you mental enough to get the train up for the Dundee game next week?

Just back from one of the most fun days out in a long time! Atmosphere fantastic - tremendous support - and the quality of the play and commitment was something I'll remember for a long time. I haven't enjoyed a game so much for ages.

But - and I expect to get a deal of abuse for this - the pitch invasions, DURING the match, are totally unacceptable and these idiots have to learn to appreciate that they are spoiling the match for the other supporters. Not only that they have to realise that if the fans keep coming onto the pitch to celebrate goals - then there could be ramifications for the club.

Your well off the bus, no touches just straight off

Just back from one of the most fun days out in a long time! Atmosphere fantastic - tremendous support - and the quality of the play and commitment was something I'll remember for a long time. I haven't enjoyed a game so much for ages.

But - and I expect to get a deal of abuse for this - the pitch invasions, DURING the match, are totally unacceptable and these idiots have to learn to appreciate that they are spoiling the match for the other supporters. Not only that they have to realise that if the fans keep coming onto the pitch to celebrate goals - then there could be ramifications for the club.

Murchie, I'm glad you had a fun day out. So did I, and about a thousand others. I didn't make it on to the pitch at the goal mini invasions, but I did at the end. There had been chants of "we're going on the pitch" etc. and the stewards knew what was happening, hence they handled the situation with considerable restraint. As for your expected "abuse", I haven't seen that yet, but if I were you I'd maybe think before you refer to your fellow ICT fans as "idiots" and then qualify your statement like that. In context, you can see this for exactly what it was - a celebration rather than goading or anything worse.

Agree totally with CaleyD's last paragraph.

I do fear that ICT will need to be seen, after the events at Somerset, to do their utmost to make sure there are no pitch invasions during the Dundee game. Two pitch invasions in consecutive games, no matter how good natured, will be frowned upon by the powers that be.

So I would not be surprised to read next Saturday night of fans complaining about what they consider to have been heavy handed policing and stewarding during the game. I'm not sure that can be avoided. I would also expect the players to be given advice to not over celebrate goals and certainly not get anywhere near the perimeter wall which Eagle and Morrison did at Ayr and led to folks coming on to the pitch.

Be careful folks. People have been led away in handcuffs after pitch invasions at Caledonian Stadium before.

Harry, you will have to take that down because it shows match action.

In my opinion this clip does not show any match action. The beginning shows players standing around and a ball being positioned. The taker of the free kick is not seen as he takes it. Only the ball rolling into the net is seen.

Looking at the invasion. Seems to me there are more photographers than fans on the pitch.