FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Support

caleytillidie

The away support we had down there yesterday was incredible. The terracing obviously helped yesterday with everyone crammed in behind the goal but, we really do have a phenomenal away support when so many travel and are willing to sing like that. The last few away games have been the same. Queens and partick away recently were great atmospheres and it really must give the team a boost when the support are singing like that for 90 mins.

Now i would imagine that this has been discussed a thousand times before but surely the club should be looking at starting some sort of singing section(not like the farce of a one that was started before!) where everyone can sit together. Its obvious that away games are better because everyone is together in the one area.

Now i know that its not as easy as it sounds. People would have to be moved to a different seat and might not want to. Others might not want to move from where they currently sit. Its probably a complete non starter but i think the club should look into it again. But with the noise that we make at away games, if we could get that at home then caley stadium could be turned into quite an intimidating venue

I agree entirely with the sentiments but from an admin perspective it's a nightmare to organise - hence the farce of a work around that was organised before. Say for example, that it was decided that section G was allocated to be the vociferous part of the ground - how many of those who enjoy sitting in section G, but don't actually contribute to the atmosphere are going to want to move when it is asked of them?

It's the sort of thing that should have been organised when the stands were built. The fact that it wasn't is farcical in itself and has caused the atmosphere problem that we see at every single home game.

Edited by Jay_7

The club have tried this. Three or four years ago when the subject came up the club held over a large part of section G so those of a like mind had the opportunity to purchase season tickets for that area. the uptake didn't happen sadly. if you want that area to get bigger then buy a season for it is the best way to secure it.

I know in the past, a lot of the away supporters don't actually go to home matches because they are based in the central belt / lower which makes it a nightmare to travel up to Inverness to games, and can get expensive very quickly, so most go to the away matches.

Whether or not that is still the case, it does have something to do with not having everybody who wants to sing together, for one reason or another. Be it those who have sat in their seats for years and don't want to move, or over zealous stewarding.