FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tribute / Charity Walk

Joonya

although I thought the original idea of a tribute to the fan who died on everest was a good idea I think that a round of applause should be held at the first home game of the season in memory of all supporters who have passed on during the previous season then no one is forgotten whether they have supported the club for 1yr or 50yrs.

2693 people have climbed Everest to date. Mr. Kinloch appears to be one of 3 people of those connected with Inverness. The other two were a local mountain guide and a GP, neither of whom had any stated affinity with ICT that I know of. Therefore, this guy's achievement would seem to be pretty unique and therefore worthy of some note in a one off gesture.

In terms of pictures etc., Caley 100 is right, these tend to be (and should be IMHO) reserved to those intimately connected with the club over a period of time and contributing to its advancement. HM and others fall into this category.

The ICT support is a broad church, I'm sure that there is an ability to recognise all of these people and their achievements.

It seems my comments about the Club taking the plaudits in the paper has upset at least one person. Well, as i sed to them, i called it as i saw it...it wasnt specifically designed to upset anyone! And its not even as tho this is the thread paying repsect to the guy!

Guest Mahonio

It seems my comments about the Club taking the plaudits in the paper has upset at least one person. Well, as i sed to them, i called it as i saw it...it wasnt specifically designed to upset anyone! And its not even as tho this is the thread paying repsect to the guy!

Make that 2.

Don't you think, SMEE, that just maybe, the club informed the paper about this because i doubt very much that people involved with this paper would come on here.

Make that 2.

Don't you think, SMEE, that just maybe, the club informed the paper about this because i doubt very much that people involved with this paper would come on here.

So why didnt the club acknowledge that the idea originated from its own support?

The club are planning some sort of tribute to Peter, according to the Highland News.

Aye...they nicked the idea of here and are taking all the credit for it!

When I spoke to Kenny (more or less as soon as the subject came up on here), the club were already aware of his passing and were already wondering if there was something they would/could do. It may have been debated on here and some ideas thrown around by Gringo Jnr and others but have you never heard the expression "great minds think alike ...." ?

You would be surprised which newspapers or media outlets have registered members on here. Forums - this one and any others - are a prime source of material for journos and although many dont post, they sure as hell view.

So why didnt the club acknowledge that the idea originated from its own support?

Because it didnt, at least not exclusively. It was thought about by various people in various roles - fans, club employees, club officials etc as a direct result of the actual event and the media coverage of it (ie. mentioning his "beloved" ICT).

Make that 2.

Very easy to read an article in a newspaper and then afford blame / criticism to the 'supposed' source of the story. has anyone stopped to think that maybe the paper picked up on the story and then requested info from the club.

Has any of you even stopped to think that maybe the club had thought about all this at the time of the guy's passing? Why just jump on the assumption that they stole idea's and then try to defame them at every opportunity.

Idea's came through this forum, and some may be picked up and discussed by club officials, but can people not just take positives from the fact they are taking the lead on expressing some sort of acknowledgement of the achievement and ultimate sacrifice and try to be less negative about some of the goings on behind the scenes.

Whether it's fans or the club or even a mix of both who take the lead doesn't matter. The important thing is that we all pull together and show respect / pay tribute to the achievements of Mr Kinloch.

It wouldn't be SMEE without some unilateral Club Bashing. That seems to be the only thing it does.

Oh...dry your eyes EWS!

Smee, this is not the topic to indulge yourself in petty stuff. Do that somewhere else, I'm sure that plenty targets will present themselves.

although I thought the original idea of a tribute to the fan who died on everest was a good idea I think that a round of applause should be held at the first home game of the season in memory of all supporters who have passed on during the previous season then no one is forgotten whether they have supported the club for 1yr or 50yrs.

Very good point OCG. I really feel this is being taken too far. This is very much a personal view but many many ICT supporters have passed away having contributed much more to the club without any suggestion of a charity walk, club tribute etc. OK, the guy climbed Everest and died in the process but he died doing what he enjoyed. Others have passed away in suffering, after a long illness or by tragic accident. Does anyone know how many times he watched ICT? Was he ever at a home game? IMPO I feel enough has been said and done about this unfortunate guy and we should let him and all the other supporters who have lost their lives rest in peace.

Very good point OCG. I really feel this is being taken too far. This is very much a personal view but many many ICT supporters have passed away having contributed much more to the club without any suggestion of a charity walk, club tribute etc. OK, the guy climbed Everest and died in the process but he died doing what he enjoyed. Others have passed away in suffering, after a long illness or by tragic accident. Does anyone know how many times he watched ICT? Was he ever at a home game? IMPO I feel enough has been said and done about this unfortunate guy and we should let him and all the other supporters who have lost their lives rest in peace.

Ouch. That's a wee bit harsh. Bottom line is that he was a fan of the club and made a point of wearing his club colours to the top of the world. For that, IMHO he deserves at least a mention.

Good post caleyboy , this has gone well OTT .