FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sports bar

caley100

post-640-082596700 1281893048_thumb.jpg

Anybody take pictures?

ok now im confused where exactly in the ground is this bit??? not going to make a game untill mid september at the earliest

I think its where the turnstiles on the left in the main stand were (Right beside away end) i think

Was there draught lager available or was it all canned ? ?2.80 for a can of Fosters seems pricey .

No, there was nothing on draught. It was all bottles 'n' cans. I wasn't chuffed at ?2.80 for a can of Fosters, but I paid it. I don't see it as 'asking too much' to ask for some cans of Guinness to be stuck in the fridge either.

First I heard of this, but guess that is why there was no entry to the toilets/pie shop in the main stand from the North Stand last Saturday which seemed to cause a lot of aggro and none of the stewards knew why the doors were locked for the whole duration of the game :-(

First I heard of this, but guess that is why there was no entry to the toilets/pie shop in the main stand from the North Stand last Saturday which seemed to cause a lot of aggro and none of the stewards knew why the doors were locked for the whole duration of the game :-(

No Donald the bar is at the other end of the concourse ie at the south end of the main stand. I think access was restricted on sat to ease congestion under the concourse due to the large numbers at the game.

No Donald the bar is at the other end of the concourse ie at the south end of the main stand. I think access was restricted on sat to ease congestion under the concourse due to the large numbers at the game.

Okay - pity nobody thought to tell the stewards though - I could see them having to placate a lot of angry supporters who were looking for food and the toilets when half time came.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Sports bar exclusive to the main Stand - Against Celtic and Peterhead - Access was being denied to the fans in the North stand with the doors being blocked and stewards not allowing access through to the main stand? How can I get a drink? North stand fans surely have the same entitlement to the facilities as others.

On a footnote I heard that the sports bar was to be officially opened this weekend by Richie.

Is the Sports bar exclusive to the main Stand - Against Celtic and Peterhead - Access was being denied to the fans in the North stand with the doors being blocked and stewards not allowing access through to the main stand? How can I get a drink? North stand fans surely have the same entitlement to the facilities as others.

On a footnote I heard that the sports bar was to be officially opened this weekend by Richie.

It's open to anyone with a home ticket, regardless of where they sit. You don't access it from the Main Stand turnstiles etc; you enter via a designated door just round the corner from the shop/ticket-office, near the south stand.

I think I'll go along and see The Foran officially open it today :ictscarf:

Thats a good point jagster, although it's main function is to open before and after the game, where you would then enter your chosen area of the ground through the turnstile.

I also believe that the main stand entry from the North Stand will remain closed. So hopefully they will have correct signage erected to tell people to go to the toilets/eatery on the west side of the ground.

I'm in the north stand and now if I want a drink/snack I'd have to go to the wee snack bar on the other side, so in winter it will be hellish, and there is also not a lot of toilets either.

I'm in the north stand and now if I want a drink/snack I'd have to go to the wee snack bar on the other side, so in winter it will be hellish, and there is also not a lot of toilets either.

The toilets were a prob at the Celtic game - My Mrs went to the ladies at the West side and they were closed and the only option was using the disabled loos - She refuses to use a toilet that men also use - Says we pee on the seats etc - Don't know where she gets that idea from :ponder:

Thanks Snow - I didn't realise it was accessed from outside - If we have a beer in the bar can we get straight to the ground after or do we have to come back outside and then go through the turnstiles. Also can you get a pie or crisps in the bar to go with the beer - Ta

Thanks Snow - I didn't realise it was accessed from outside - If we have a beer in the bar can we get straight to the ground after or do we have to come back outside and then go through the turnstiles. Also can you get a pie or crisps in the bar to go with the beer - Ta

You have to leave by the same door and enter the stadium as normal, you can get in by showing a current match day home ticket or season ticket book.

I will be trying out the bacon butties before the game

I dont sit up that end of the stadium so dont know what happens at halftime but its supposed to be open again for food as usual, access from inside this time but no booze available during the game and access from outside before and after the game when drink is available.

You have to leave by the same door and enter the stadium as normal, you can get in by showing a current match day home ticket or season ticket book.

I will be trying out the bacon butties before the game

How was the bacon roll?

I was happy to find nicely-chilled cans of draught Guinness in the sports bar yesterday (?2.90). Thank you, Darren :biggrin: