FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The real hero's

Two planes landed in ENGLAND yesterday , one carrying 23 overpaid , under achieving footballers with ego's to match their wallets , and the other seven men who's coffins were draped in the Union Jack , who died for this country . These are the real hero's we should be supporting , these man and women who give their lives so we can live in a free world . THEY ARE THE REAL PRIDE OF BRITAIN .

Two planes landed in ENGLAND yesterday , one carrying 23 overpaid , under achieving footballers with ego's to match their wallets , and the other seven men who's coffins were draped in the Union Jack , who died for this country . These are the real hero's we should be supporting , these man and women who give their lives so we can live in a free world . THEY ARE THE REAL PRIDE OF BRITAIN .

Finally something we can agree on. Too many lives are being lost, bring them home.

It's actually probably a lot more than that. I remember hearing on the radio a while ago that if a soldier is killed in battle it counts as 1 death. If a soldier is injured in battle and is taken back to the base, and then dies from his injuries, that also counts as 1. But, if a soldier is injured and is then flown back to the UK, and then dies of his injuries here, then that doesn't count. So, theoretically the death toll may be quite a bit more I believe.

And it's not just the deaths, think about all the injured. My niece is married to a young soldier and lives on a camp in Kent. She says when ever she walks about camp she sees lads without legs or arms. Her hubby is off to Afghanistan for the 3rd time soon. Doesn't fill her with confidence. I was lucky, I didn't go to Afghanistan but I have many friends who are out there now. All we can do is hope for their safe return.