FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dan Stratford

MeadowEnder

Hi guys Hereford fan here. Skysports are reporting Dan Stratford is currently on trial with us and i noticed he played 12 times for you last season. What did you think of him and what position did he play for you? Going by his career to date and the fact he's played so little football it worries me. All the best for the new season ;).

He played central midfield, but most games you wouldn't have noticed he was there. Didn't do anything wrong as such, he was a reasonably tidy player but with little presence.

Our form improved dramatically when he was dropped and replaced by someone with a bit of dig.

Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

In my opinion....he wasnt up to much.....and was pretty annonymous any time he played for us. He seemed to be there just to make up the numbers most of the time. I think we played him at right back for a couple fo games too. He can put in a decent dead ball tho IIRC.

Edited by SMEE

Lads, if we have nothing good to say ,lets say nothing, he was a good lad that did his best. Perhaps a new enviro will do him well .

The OP's asked for an opinion about the player, and whether it's good or bad is irrelevant. He's asked for an honest opinion, and people should give him that, whatever it is.

On Stratford, I thought he was rubbish. No speed, can't pass, can't tackle, doesn't shoot even when he's in a perfect position to do so, no good at all. IIRC his only good aspect is his cornerkick taking, but other than that he isn't a good player.

Edited by Renegade

He struggled to keep up with the pace in the games i saw him play and he often struggled when it came to putting in a tackle. Seen you guys against Morecambe last year, if that was anything to go by then i think he will find it difficult.

The only good point he really has is his ability to take a good set piece.

He could do a job for you. Just had a look on wikipedia - fountain of all knowledge and truth... Do you only have 13 players and no reserve side?

Stratford never really got a run in the first team and the whole 'when we dropped him we started to win' seems a wee bit unfair. We had a team which had gone through a few changes in terms of personnel and Stratford wasn't going to be part of the set up. 12 appearances isn't really too fair to judge a player on such limited playing time. I think he's got the makings of a decent player.

Good luck for the forthcoming season.

Stratford never really got a run in the first team and the whole 'when we dropped him we started to win' seems a wee bit unfair. We had a team which had gone through a few changes in terms of personnel and Stratford wasn't going to be part of the set up. 12 appearances isn't really too fair to judge a player on such limited playing time. I think he's got the makings of a decent player.

Agree.

this

I saw him score a cracking goal against Forres Mechanics when he was on trial with us, he curled it past a crowded goal mouth.

He ideally needs someone who enjoys solid tackles playing next to him though. He was a bit too light weight for our 4,2,3,1 so would be better in a 4,4,2 or 4,5,1 formation.

Ah yes, the poor man's Frank Lampard. Would swan around the park looking the part but seldom delivering enough. Not enough drive and determination for my liking.

I don't think he is ready for the big boys game yet. I am sure he is a nice bloke and once he beefs up a little he may make the odd tackle or two, but last season he was not up to it. Well down the pecking order here so time to move on.

One word describes what I've seen of him, it begi ns with an "S" and ends with an "E". Good luck to him though.

I hope no one comes to you asking for a reference :(

The only player I cant say a good word for is the 2nd division super star, who didn't play well because the rest of our team were too inept ?