Rooney

Edited by Mahonio

Touch early to say with pre season not complete yet perhaps but I'd go-

-Esson-

- McCann - Tokely - Munro - Gillet -

- Duncan - Cox -

- Hayes - Odhiambo - Foran -

- Rooney -

Or if Foran and Hayes aint fit yet (given they haven't really played a pre season game yet) then

- Esson -

- McCann - Tokely - Munro - Gillet -

- Proctor - Duncan -

- Odhiambo - Cox - Sanchez/Blumshtein -

- Rooney -

No idea why anyone would contemplate dropping Esson

Reckon Tokely will be playing central alot with Munro and Innes backing up that. Think Gillet will be number 1 Left back this season, reading between the lines of what has been said etc.

Duncan and Cox are the number 1 pairing in the middle but perhaps against Celtic it might be both them and Proctor with Cox pushing forward more. Extra man in midfield and all that with Proctor anchoring?

If Hayes and Foran are available they really have to play but if not, Sanchez and Blumshtein will probably do a job there. And Odhiambo deserves a start after a fairly impressive pre season in front of goal.

Rooney picks himself.

Think that it would be a tad wiser if we started off with the next game - as TB's after match comments suggest that he has a good idea of who thestarting line up versus Cellic will be - I would be most surprised if he does not go close to that in the next couple of games - minus Hayes and foran of course.

So I would suggest that he will go fer Tuffey next game but Esson fer the Sprouts. Esson fer cellic

Back 4 will be McCann Tokely Munro Gillet fer next game but may change to Tokely Innes Munro Gillet fer the Sprouts. TB looks to favour McCann which will be very interesting fer the Cellic game where I fink that he may go fer McCann Innes Munro Gillet

Russeldhino and Cox pick themselves fer all three - unless TB wants to try out proctor in one of the next two.

I would try Eric on the left fer the next game and give Ross another run out against a stronger outfit. Hayes will be a deffo fer the Cellic game so Eric may have to go left but interchanging between the two.

I strongly believe that he should be playing Rooney and Bloomyshiner together for the next three games.

Haven't seen any of the pre-season games so I don't feel equipped to suggest a full team. I do think we'll need Duncan's dig and experience in one of the central midfield slots, however, and I think Hayes should be played wide right rather than wide left, especially if that means he is going to be playing directly against Charlie Mulgrew, an absolute clownshoe of a player.

esson

proctor tokely munro gillet

hayes duncan cox foran

odiambo

rooney

Thats assuming they're all fit by then.Would like to keep it as settled as poss from last season and let most of the new signings work to earn their places coming off the bench.Tough call between sanchez and eric but after yesterdays show i'd give eric the nod down the middle where he's most effective.

esson

proctor tokely munro gillet

hayes duncan cox foran

odiambo

rooney

Thats assuming they're all fit by then.Would like to keep it as settled as poss from last season and let most of the new signings work to earn their places coming off the bench.Tough call between sanchez and eric but after yesterdays show i'd give eric the nod down the middle where he's most effective.

I like the look of that line-up, and I'd fancy them to take all 3 points off Sellic, even although I've never seen Gillet play.

It will be a huge bonus if both Foran and Hayes are fit.

Tuffey must play in order to achieve legend status.

Esson is numero uno.

Hope Foran and Hayes play, according to Pysh & Drivel, both passed scans and are looking ok, now its just fitness, may see them vs Andytwerp.

Certainly need the two of them vs the Tims if we have any chance of a result.

Edited by caley100

Na I have a feeling that Tuffey is the man. I've got my fingers crossed Butcher will pick him. He'll win us the game. IMHO.

:_shocked2: Hey.. you been sniffing bath salts again?

Esson is our No.1 without question . Anyone that says different aint got a scooby .

Tuffey is our number one. Anyone who says otherwise after that 1-0 game away to Partick needs to have a word with themselves.

Esson is our No.1 without question . Anyone that says different aint got a scooby .

Tuffey is our number one. Anyone who says otherwise after that 1-0 game away to Partick needs to have a word with themselves.

Your football knowledge is shining through . :_shocked:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Your football knowledge is shining through . :_shocked:

Cheers pal. Were you at that game?

Not often I get involved in these squabbles, but what has Esson done wrong to warrant not being our 1st choice goalkeeper? He was exceptional most of last season with umpteen clean sheets as we all know.

I'm sure Tuffey is a fine keeper too, but promoting him as number 1 based on one performance for Partick against us seems OTT to me. Personally I'd wait till Esson blots his copybook before replacing him with Tuffey, and I sincerely hope, and expect, that it will be a long time before this is necessary.