FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graham Bayne........

Naelifts

I'm so chuffed for him today, he's one of our best players but I don't think he gets the credit he deserves as he doesn't get that many goals.  Wasn't at the game today but saw the goal on setanta, he took the goal well, was very quick to react.  I hope this puts him on a bit of a run now.

Guest kingkojak

tbh i was getting really frustrated with him today as i thought he lacked a yard of pace and he continually got caught offside for the through balls (though i have my suspicions that the linesman at our end was from govan!) but ultimately he put in a tremendous effort and thouroughly deserved the goal! 

well done big lad! :clapping04: :clapping04:

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Well done Bayne! Well done Dargo for creating the goal!!! Dargo Dargo Dargo.

Sorry but all the praise heaped on Bayne can only be justified for the shift he puts in and the effort and commitment he gives but he is not a SPL player.

Graham will probably soon sign a new deal with Caley however Dargo is likely to move on. This is a situation that deeply saddens me.... a proven ICT goalscorer traded in for a workhorse.  But thank you graham for todays victory!

Well done Bayne! Well done Dargo for creating the goal!!! Dargo Dargo Dargo.

Sorry but all the praise heaped on Bayne can only be justified for the shift he puts in and the effort and commitment he gives but he is not a SPL player.

Graham will probably soon sign a new deal with Caley however Dargo is likely to move on. This is a situation that deeply saddens me.... a proven ICT goalscorer traded in for a workhorse.  But thank you graham for todays victory!

:006: :015:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Earlier poster mentioned headlines, well on the three papers I bought, Post, Mail and SoS they all tend to hang up on the gers goalkeepers error and the Rangers being ten points adrift of Celtic, we didn't win the game Rangers lost it, ah well it's what we have come to expect eh?

Look at the goal again and I think we need to give more credit to Bayne. At first I thought there was a deflection on the ball before it went in but I don't think there is. In fact, it is a very clever little lob over the keeper as he slides in - a great finish from him  :001:

Deffo don't think he is getting the credit he deserves.  Have seen several references along the lines of "he bundled the ball in" etc.  Would have been easy to chase in and just belt the ball in that position but it was a pretty well composed little flick over the keeper from a tighter angle than it first appears.

I always said the Bayne/Dargo partnership was the best :001:

Fair play to him he was in on it like a flash(even if he was offside). Having watched the goal approx 500 times now :015: it still looks like it took a wee deflection off the keepers foot.....who cares anyway, it ended up in the back of the net. After being sent off there last season I'm really pleased for Bayne.

One thing I did notice about the goal as well though was Dargos control, speed, and directness. The way he brought that header down was superb, then he had no other thoughts than to run directly at the defence. Well done wee man, and especially well done big man.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

There's more to his game than brawn and graft, he makes lot's of intelligent runs off the ball. But he's lacking when it comes to shot power, dribbling and poaching instinct (goal-dar). If he improved in those areas he'd be class.

Good to see a bit of respect coming Bayners way, the guy works very hard every game, often without reward and often with mucho criticism, so get it right up yer jacksie, oh ye of little faith. :016: :clapping04:

Nobody is exempt from criticism in football, thats the nature of us football fans for you,we can be very fickle, the thing is we have also gotta give credit where its due, GB got in the right position to score the goal that gave us 3 points, the team was right mentally and worked hard for the win(all be it without playing perfect footy according to some commentators) so well done CC for getting them in the right mind set and well done to all the players for there part in a famous victory that im sure as given many of us the perfect kick start to a great weekend.

Now the team gotta focus on next weeks home fixture, a win will only make yesterdays result even more worth while, and i for one even though i like to see complete football won't mind how its achieved.

Macca

Still not sure on Graham Bayne to many times offside on Sat and when CC does play him home or away, all other thoughts of football go out the window and nothing but route one stuff . Not sure if he's the right foil for Dargo and would like to see more of Rory .

Granted he got the goal on Sat ,but that is no more than you would expect from your no 9 after all that is what  he's there for.

Have you not, in a way, just contradicted yourself there?

You say he got the goal and that is...

no more than you would expect from your no 9 after all that is what he's there for.

Yet you seem to want so much more from him as well and indeed question his selection ahead of other players. Surely if he is scoring these goals then, as you say, you can't really ask for much more from the guy?

I'm a big Graham Bayne fan, been calling for him to start since last March, I was delighted with the shift he put in on Saturday and never been happier to see him score.  As Naelifts said he mustve run 100 miles, just what we need, brilliant.

Must be a candidate for the armband once Dods leaves too maybe?

Guest kingkojak

There's more to his game than brawn and graft, he makes lot's of intelligent runs off the ball. But he's lacking when it comes to shot power, dribbling and poaching instinct (goal-dar). If he improved in those areas he'd be class.

hes also lacking on his knowledge of the offside trap! :006:

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I'm a big Graham Bayne fan, been calling for him to start since last March, I was delighted with the shift he put in on Saturday and never been happier to see him score.  As Naelifts said he mustve run 100 miles, just what we need, brilliant.

what the fook are you smoking - somebody call the cops or doctor - the man needs help.

Christie has said in his interview after the Rangers match that Munro will likely be next in line for captaincy, which I can't disagree with although Bayne's work ethic is an example to the team!

Christie praising Bayne