FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can you hear the noise ?

Scotty

I'm well up for this one; I ain't been anticipating anything like this for ages. I don't share peoples stated dreariness about the SPL. It's where we need to be. Not perfect, but its our top table, cats pyjamas, dogs nads. Give me one of these days as recompense for slogging yer way to Dumfries or Dumfermline or Airdrie and I'll be happy. Give me these henry's from Glesgae to shout at, they deserve it. Give me Lennon's gob to shut at 4.45pm. It's bigger than anything you'll find in Div. 1. And I won't miss C*unty. I'll be too busy enjoying the fact that they didn't get here.

Four more sleeps.

After your fourth sleep, remember to get up nice and early, so you can have Lennon's gob to shut at 2.00pm.

It's the bloody Alzheimer's I tell you............where did I put my socks?

Last season was something special, i am in total agreement with TB with the away support!! they and we were absolutly amazing which probably included some alcohol?

Forget the main stand, nobody will ever make some noise in there unless their seat is wet from the driving rain and the howling wind, No thanks.

Towards the end of last season the Partick game and the QOS game, the atmosphere was fantastic. we do need to do something to take it back up the road. There is a big problem with the stewards and police who think it will be benifical to keep a couple of outlaw ICT fans who are standing and singing then they tell them to sit down incase we anger the 2500 away fans that are standing and singing and having the time of there life's AGAIN!!! when they head up to the highlands.

Cant be Ar**d typing too long so hopefully we do hear lot of noise on saturday but i do think a few heads will have to be knocked together to get something sorted with our fans at home games?

Right Enough!!

Overhead after the Antwerp game by someone ......

TB has one wish for this season (other than obviously staying in the SPL) and that is for our home atmosphere to increase and perhaps mimic the noise made by our hardy band of away fans.............

I think we all know that TB went out of his way to highlight how well the fans at away games did last season. He was - from what I hear - delighted that we could generate an atmosphere at those games and sure that our "12th man" won us an extra few points .... but as we know the home atmosphere is pretty p*** poor (and has been for years - for various reasons) and anything we can do to have a "12th man" at home would be appreciated by both the manager and by the players who DO react to a lively crowd .....

:ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

So its over to the fans for discussion ...... what can be done ??? Can we all get behind the team and be the "12th man" that can push them forward to maybe snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat or a win where a draw seemed the best result we could hope for ?

Obviously the club are somewhat tied down by SPL and/or UEFA regulations so some things we all know might work may not be allowed but if there are any concrete suggestions, we will be happy to forward them directly to the club for discussion and feedback. Personally, I am getting excited that the season is almost upon us but if we could get an extra few hundred folk giving it laldy maybe that will help turn the TCS back into a fortress ???

for my own part, my suggestion is directed not to the fans but to TB and the team ....... At every Toronto FC home game, after the teams come out and do the lineup, photos and anthems they race down toward the supporters section and applaud/acknowledge the fans with one player in particular applauding and also making the gesture to make some noise ..... perhaps if our players engaged the fans in this manner they (or at least some) would be encouraged to start making some noise ..........

Firstly i would like to say well done people. This must be the first Thread in aages that is to do with Atmosphere and hasn't been dragged into Main Stand vs North Stand ect.

One of the biggest problems is the stadium itself. Being so open and close to the sea kills nearly any noise me make. Celtic and Rangers are lucky to have HUGE away supports that can generate enough noise to make it to create a good atmosphere.

If the club take notice (And im not just saying this because i sit there) that Section G do make the most noise. There are small pockets of fans across the back of the NS that also sing, but it is not enough. If and i mean IF the club can get a system working in which any people who wish to sing can move to Section G, then that will be great.

The idea is to create one section that makes a whole load of noise and then that, in theory, should entice others to join in. A step in the right direction would be anyone who wants to sing, even just go up to the back of the North stand where there is anyone singing, section G or not, if there is spare seats and make your voice heard.

As the Tesco advert says... Every Little Helps... though i would rather something Big!

BRING YOUR VUVUZUELAS

Just got the Highland News and TB has commented on people to bring their vuvuzuelas to help create a party South African style on our return to the SPL - good enough for big Tel then that's good enough for me - should be quite interesting as I'd imagine a fair few away fans are going to have them. One more for the North stand as my lad has one and if anyone picks on him for blowing it, there could be a few words said. :trumpet: :_thump:

North stand section H

Edited by jagster

"We're defending a record of 21 league games unbeaten and nine wins in a row, so we're entitled to go into the Celtic game in a positive frame of mind."

Not my words - the words of Terry Butcher. Is there anywhere in Inverness selling vuvuzelas?

I probably wouldnt mind a vuvuzela or two this weekend as long as it makes more noise.

Really hope the atmosphere is buzzing this saturday.

Back in the SPL, unfurling the championship flag, playing of of the ugly sisters, bring it on!!

I don't know if it's just me thinking this but is everyone pinpointing section G here? There are roughly 15 of us up there and thousands in the crowd. i personally think it's quite poor that 15 people make more noise than a whole stadium full. This topic will hopefully encourage people to crank up the noise and help us. As you see we're only a small group of lads and we can't do it all on our own, any support vocally would be more than welcome.

I did notice a difference towards the end of the season to be fair. For example, i used to cringe at the number of people who joined in the good old 'stand up for the caley jags' It used to make me ashamed of my fellow supporters but against Raith when we basically had the whole of the North Stand on their feet. Lets have some more of that! Saturday can start a fresh and take away TCS's reputation of a poor home support. Show us what you got!

• Agree 3

BRING YOUR VUVUZUELAS

Just got the Highland News and TB has commented on people to bring their vuvuzuelas to help create a party South African style on our return to the SPL - good enough for big Tel then that's good enough for me - should be quite interesting as I'd imagine a fair few away fans are going to have them. One more for the North stand as my lad has one and if anyone picks on him for blowing it, there could be a few words said. :trumpet: :_thump:

North stand section H

he better not blow it beside me, if he does i wont hear my sweetie paper rustling as i unwrap it :eat2:

I actually thought that the ICT support was pretty good today. I even heard noise coming from the Main Stand!

People need to stop having little digs at the main stand because it is discouraging the few fans who do make noise to stop

• Disagree 1

I know i have posted this on another topic but for the people who havent seen it i think we should take this antwerp song

and change it to - the caley is unbelievable

I hated the song at first but second or third time round i found quite good

Edited by Pedz4king

I actually thought that the ICT support was pretty good today. I even heard noise coming from the Main Stand!

People need to stop having little digs at the main stand because it is discouraging the few fans who do make noise to stop

I'm not having a dig at the Main Stand. Rather pointing out the fact that this normally silent area of the stadium actually made some noise yesterday. Simple.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Here's another idea, while at ICT the main singers stand at the back of the stand, in many cases clubs abroad have their noisiest supporters at the front. Would it be the case that if the singers at Section G moved to the front of the section and thus being more visible, others maybe more likely to join in? I don't know how well that would work but it's certainly what some foreign clubs do.

I think the problem is Scottish football in general. Its hard to get that excited about it when what you can achieve in scottish football is limited. I know myself I only join in with the singing if its an away game or a big game at the stadium when its full. The football has to be good too, watching a team defend and not play any football (last 2 seasons in SPL) doesnt add to the atmosphere. Hence last season was so good, atmosphere got better when the team was doing well and playing well.

The problem is and always will be, how do you get people excited enough to sing when your watching a meaningless game in March against St Mirren?

That's interesting as I would've agreed with you before reading this thread, but as someone said earlier, Stoke have the loudest support in England, yet they don't exactly play an exciting game. What is it Stoke do to generate such noise?