FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Rangers : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Thats why i asked if you could give me examples of dodgy decisions that have went in favour of Celtic, i know they will happen but most of the time i wouldnt see them as im bias in favour of celtic.

What was it that our man done to get the refs in a sweat?

Celtic Craigy, you seem to be a decent type except you make no mention of your own divers! It was your man that triggered the farce that got the refs in a sweat. It seems that clubs who play in Europe a lot are the ones who have the most divers, the same as in England. Maybe ICT will dive a bit more before long, then!

How can a manager slag off a ref when he, at the very least, condones tactics to hoodwink the ref? it's a horrible advert for football when the "big" sides feel it necessary to cheat against their much lower paid peers.

The highlight for me yesterday was not Hayes' goal (cos I missed!) but Rossco's block, I think on Beattie. He was so stunned, literally, that he didn't react fast enough to "play act"!

Another great result by a team who never gives up. Fantastic goal from Hayes which no keeper could have saved. We normally come strong in the second half but yesterday we had to weather the storm. To me Eric does not contribute nearly enough and was a bistander for most of the game. I think Nick Ross was clearly missed from the team as he is an excellent passer and gets far more involved in the game than Eric.

Shows how far the team has progressed when the old firm have only taken 6 points out of a possible 12 from us this season.

Ryan Esson could have stopped it.... :tongueincheek:

The non penalty against Dundee Utd when your man spun round and fell over without any contact. The ref gave a penalty, the linesman didn't and the rest is history!

Think you should have another look at that on youtube m8, the Dundee United player pulls at hooper until he spins around then the keeper takes him out after Hooper knocks the ball away thats 2 reasons for giving a penalty within seconds but he can still think of a reason not to give it.

• Disagree 1

If pro old firm can yous tell me of any dodgy decisions that have went in Celtics favour against yous?

Off the top of my head, there is the infamous Lennon / Juanjo incident after which Juanjo's red card was rescinded yet Lennon escaped punishment for blatant play acting. When we beat Celtic 3-2 a few years back, Pressley gave away a penalty by hacking down Niculae who had a clear goalscoring opportunity. Don't think he was even booked. Fast forward half an hour and our own David Proctor receives a red for the same offence.

This P'n'B Thread provides examples from fans of other SPL teams of bad decisions in Celtic's favour in games against their teams. You may wish to read it since, in your own words, you "wouldnt see them as im bias in favour of celtic". I'd suggest that this, and not the referees, is your problem.

• Agree 1