FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Transfer Deadline Day

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Yep, this is the make or break day. All the national media speculation is centering around Fernando Torres and Adam Rooney, with sums around ?50m being mentioned.

Window is open until midnight in Scotland (but only 11pm in England, because they go to bed earlier).

I'll be delighted if we end the day with Rooney staying for the rest of the season, but I think its a case of who he goes to to, not whether he goes.

if adam goes i thinkit might be closer to the ?250k mark, even if he hasn't scored as prolificly as has he has done in the past he still has it in him, at least that's what we'll tell the russians............

wouldn't mind seeing another dedicated striker coming into bolster the squad, even on loan.

• Agree 1

they got a spare ?50 million, to get torres?

I could say the same for us! we need to either start scoring goals or stop bloody losing them! i'm not blaming esson, he's making saves only possible in the fourth dimension. we need to get a strong consistent back 4 back and shake off all the injuries in midfield and we will be better. but i think we def need another striker to take the weight off adam!

With only just over nine hours to go, the SPL clubs have spent a total of around ?380k this transfer window on player purchases. ?300k by Celtic on Commons and ?80k by Hibs on Scott. This must be the lowest spend in a January transfer window ever?

Hibs will snap him up at the last min leaving us no time to find a replacement :frown:

Macdonald maybe. sanchez, foran, Odiambo we have a few options... but that's for that thread.

With only just over nine hours to go, the SPL clubs have spent a total of around £380k this transfer window on player purchases. £300k by Celtic on Commons and £80k by Hibs on Scott. This must be the lowest spend in a January transfer window ever?

It must be. In contrast £80 million has been spent in the Premiershiip so far!!

I see Hibs have solved their striker crisis by signing another goalkeeper! That's 4 on their books now :ponder:

Edited by kencar

I still think one of our fringe players could go out on loan or be released.

McBain/Golly across the bridge?

Gil cut from the wage bill?

Morrison on loan to Elgin again to regain fitness?

With Doran and MacDonald coming in i would think Gil would be surplus to requirment, i hope he does get released so he can move on and the club can use the money available from that to get someone in.

Edited by ajsict92