FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell Preview & Report

tm4tj

I just want to make a general public comment on the match previews and the reports ......

EXCELLENT

For many years I wrote reports myself, badgered others into writing them, or used the official reports or newspaper reports to cobble something together. However, in the last year and a bit TM4TJ has taken on the role of "editor-in-chief" and brought together a small team of site members to provide these previews/reports. The job they have done so far has been immense and what they produce is consistently done to a very high standard that rivals and often betters the somewhat dry reports in the traditional media.

Where else could you get football fans writing in so many different styles (Shakespeare, McGonigall, or just as a fan) and with wit, humour, and even honesty when predicting a hard game for our beloved Caley Jags. Tremendous job all round.

This is the essence of what this site should be about ... yes its a place for debate and opinion, yes it will have some arguing, but there is also room for more people to become involved if they want to ... writing reports, producing one-off articles, helping us with stats and other such stuff .... I know TM4TJ and his team have set the bar high, but if anyone is out there thinking, "I would like to try" then please dont hesitate to contact one of the mods or admins to put yourself forward for some form of contribution .....

• Agree 2

The bar's only high if you're 2'6". Honestly it's great to get feedback on these things - I write some stuff just because it tickles me, and you're never quite sure that what I find uproarious, others willl merely think I'm a haddock for scribbling. Scotty does have a point though, it's not the place for a journalistically constrained traditional report/ preview (we'd just get Bannerman to do them all, or Chalkie if you're no too fussy) so you do get stuff that is "adventurous". It has not, for instance, escaped Sir William's notice that we play on the sands of Arabia again on the 19th March, and he may awake from his deathly slumbers again. You never know.