FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Rankin

kencar

BBC gossip section (who call him Ian Rankin!) says he won't be offered a new contract. I'd love to see him back up here but I can see him ending up at the likes of St Mirren . Thoughts?

Would have him back in a second. He didnt want to go, his hand was forced, and if he were willing to come back then he would be an extremely valuable addition to the team.

Not fussed about him.

With you on this one Mannie. Would add little to what we have already and if he isn't good enough for a new contract at Hibs.......?

Johnny Hayes wasnt good enough for a new contract at Leicester, Ryan Esson wasnt worth a new contract at Hereford, it dosen't matter where they were previously. When it comes to getting the best out of players with a point to prove we are arguably the best side around for it.

• Agree 8

Not fussed about him.

With you on this one Mannie. Would add little to what we have already and if he isn't good enough for a new contract at Hibs.......?

Johnny Hayes wasnt good enough for a new contract at Leicester, Ryan Esson wasnt worth a new contract at Hereford, it dosen't matter where they were previously. When it comes to getting the best out of players with a point to prove we are arguably the best side around for it.

John Rankin has totally underachieved since he went to Hibs and will do well to remain in the SPL. Always though he was vastly over rated first time round.

JH can be judged when he has performed over a reasonable period. Fantastic to date but needs to sustain it for a reasonable period somewhere, sometime. That's why he wasn't worth a contract at Leicester. As for Ryan........total mystery to me why he was ignored by so many and delighted that Brew brought him here.

Point taken about rescuing careers.

• Agree 1

A bit odd that he did not impress at the Hibs.

Maybe the ...well... slightly larger stage either did not suit him or the team and tactics didn't?

OPr, he simply did not fit in. Might do well again at Caley but going back is not always the greatest idea.

Still remember him mainly for his injury time winner against Rangers around Christmas time...WOOOOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a night that was! Can still remember getting home after celebrating and missing the door into my garden and walking right into the fence, knocking me to the ground. Good times!