FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialist game - Friday

kaoad

Just heard there are going to be 2 teams of trialists playing on the pitch on Friday. Let's hope that butcher has better players playing in that than the ones we are letting go!

Some may find it hard to believe but apparently Butcher has had somewhere in the region of 300 players CV's sent to him from legitimate sources...in other words, not the kind of e.mails/messages we sometimes see coming to the site e.mail from some weird and wonderful corners of the globe.

As there's no possible way he could be familiar with or get personal references for all of them, then it would make sense to weed out those who are serious by seeing if they are willing to turn up here for a trial....and then further narrowing the field by getting to see if they can even kick a ball.

Don't imagine for a second that this is us just starting the hunt for new players, but if there's so much interest from players in coming here then it does no harm to get them along to see if there's any more names to add to the list that Butcher already has.

If anybody catches Terry's attention in this trial, is there anything to stop them being played as a trialist against Hamilton to see how they perform in a more realistic environment?

If anybody catches Terry's attention in this trial, is there anything to stop them being played as a trialist against Hamilton to see how they perform in a more realistic environment?

If football manager's anything to go by, trialists can only play in competitive games below the top flight.

I was pleased that Dundee got hammered by QOS because of that, Dunfermline are the official and unofficial champions of the 1st division. Would've hated to hear Dundee fans claim they should've been promoted.

I wonder if two of those playing will be the two Brazilian boys who were on trial with Kilmarnock last week. After all, it's not unusual for foreign players to have trials with a couple of different clubs when they are in a different country.

Edited by Renegade

I'd like to see Renegade given one of the teams so that we can see those legendary formations in action.

Or even better, let me be manager for the last two games! After all, there's nothing to lose!

• Agree 2

I'd like to see Renegade given one of the teams so that we can see those legendary formations in action.

"Please Mr Butcher, give me another chance to win a contract. You didn't see my best in that trial because I was played out of position by that halfwit of a manager. It was really hard to play as an attacking left midfielder, in the hole, whilst also tracking back to right back. Especially as I'm a ****ing goalkeeper!"

• Agree 1

Or even better, let me be manager for the last two games! After all, there's nothing to lose!

Ah, but would you be able to get Lionel back over here at such short notice?

My understanding is that the club have had to let go quite a few U-19 players who were deemed not good enough for that league. Being as we must compete in that league as part of the SPL conditions then it could well be that many of those triallists are being looked at for that purpose. may well also be a few real gems among them as well.