FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New signing(s) to be announced.....

Libero

The contract is a two way deal, the players or more importantly the players agent have some input in this. A lot of players only do 1 year contracts with clubs of our ilk, it offers them the chance to move on when the time comes, or stay should that option be offered to them.

We should be thankful that we get them signed at all on whatever contract. We are never going to be the big draw that some clubs are, we will always have to make the most of what we get and so far we seem to be doing ok on that.

I get cheesed off every time I see someone post that why did we not offer more than one/two year deals etc. It's a big world out there and life is not always that simple, live with it or jump ship.

I get cheesed off every time I see someone post that why did we not offer more than one/two year deals etc.

If only we could offer a decent mix of one and two year deals we wouldn't have our entire squad up for grabs come January.

• Agree 1

Aye, in an ideal world that would be the bees knees ICT Paisley, unfortunately it's not always about us and other persons/clubs/fans come into play as well.

What was that saying............You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time.

I've no problem with players/management coming to an agreement about one-year deals. However, it seems though we jumped the gun, giving recent soundings, that that is what we are looking for first and foremost. Assuming salaries are ok, with built-in safeguards (many clubs have relegation clauses - maybe even most), why wouldn't we begin with a position of getting Hayes, Ross etc tied to three-year contracts? If they KO it, fair enough but we don't seem to be aiming for that point of view. All I can go on is the public statements and nuances of the club's position.

Frankly couldnt be ersed reading through this thread but I am very reliably informed that this is ALL about our performance and achievement next season and the likelihood of Terry and Mo staying on thereafter. Now to me that is a real feckin positive in the short term.

BELIEVE - we are going places next year - Yeovil, Bristol and Aldershot in 2011/2012 - Juventus, Braga and Anderlecht in 2012/2013.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...