FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New signing(s) to be announced.....

Libero

Glad to see we have aquired Tansey, club seem to be going all out on these 1 year deals though, if most players we sign over the summer are on the same terms then com next summer Ross, Sutherland, Morrison and Shinnie will be our only players under contract.

Not too bothered about big Shinnie, but would've like Irvine, especially if we only end up bringing McCann back, imo Irvine wouldve been the better option.

Well with Fansey Tansey ( no slight intended) in midfield does that infer that Duff will not be back?

Anyway let's hope he turns out to be as good as touted and is not a duffer.

No pun intended, but was Duff not a much better player in midfield than as a back?

Be good,now..no duff gen please.

I remain, as always, at your service and the backward Elmer FFud. :crazy:

Has he not signed a contract with us?

He has stated his intention to sign, that is all.

Clubs in England tend to give their players contracts that expire on 30th June and the window opens for them on July 1st so they still hold his registration. sounds like his club are still trying to drum up interest from within England to make him change his mind and sign for a club down there. If he did, they would be due some money. If he bides his time and signs for us, they get nothing.

He's still under contract so can't, keep up. :nanananana:

P & J, Courier and the club themselves seemed to imply that he had signed a pre-contract with us. Once a player enters the final 6 months of his contract he is free to sign a contract with whatever club he wants :rolleyes: . However his agent is talking as if Tansey only has a verbal agreement with us so excuse me if im a bit confused. If he has signed a contract with us then I dont really see how the move can be in doubt, it's just a case of waiting for 1st July and Stockport dont really have any grounds to try and flog him to a team down South. But if he hasnt then local papers and the club confirming the signing of Tansey was wrong.

Has he not signed a contract with us?

He has stated his intention to sign, that is all.

Clubs in England tend to give their players contracts that expire on 30th June and the window opens for them on July 1st so they still hold his registration. sounds like his club are still trying to drum up interest from within England to make him change his mind and sign for a club down there. If he did, they would be due some money. If he bides his time and signs for us, they get nothing.

Thanks Scotty, that was the info i wanted.

P & J, Courier and the club themselves seemed to imply that he had signed a pre-contract with us. Once a player enters the final 6 months of his contract he is free to sign a contract with whatever club he wants :rolleyes: . However his agent is talking as if Tansey only has a verbal agreement with us so excuse me if im a bit confused. If he has signed a contract with us then I dont really see how the move can be in doubt, it's just a case of waiting for 1st July and Stockport dont really have any grounds to try and flog him to a team down South. But if he hasnt then local papers and the club confirming the signing of Tansey was wrong.

The club have not indicated anything about him signing .... checked back on the official website and can only see 3 articles relating to signings so far ... 1 talks of "being patient", waiting until 9th June when signings can be made officially in Scotland (between clubs internally), the second talks of Tade signing (after 9th june and an internal Scottish transfer), and the third talks of Tokely signing on for a year. Nothing about Tansey actually signing.

The Courier have carried an article about his twitter comment and what I believe to be an erroneous comment about an Irish tour that is not happening. They followed that up by tagging on a comment in a later article mentioning Tade by saying he is the second to sign for the club - after Tansey - but again, no official confirmation of anything other than Tade and Tokely.

Havent checked P&J but unless there are some direct comments from Butcher/Malpas then the same applies.

I've seen a rule somewhere (FIFA, UEFA, FA, SFA, SPL or something) that states no player can enter into a contract with another club whilst still in the employ (under contract) with another, so "Pre-Contracts" would more likely be defined (in law) as a "Letter/Statement of Intent". Legal enforcement would then depend on the content of that statement, and as it's unlikely to contain full details of the terms of the contract then it would be easy for a lawyer (from either party) to find an out if they felt the need. The "risk" to player/club in not following through would be damage to reputation and might make anyone a little less likely to deal with them in future.

I don't think there's much to worry about here, the player still wants to come, the club still want him to come and it seems that Stockport are just playing hardball in the hope they can get a fee....either from convincing the player to sign for someone down south or by forcing our hand to get him here earlier by us paying them something.

Give it a few days and Stockport might realise the only money they can get is a couple of weeks wages from releasing him now instead of at the end of the month.

P&J had him down as signed. My bad on the official site. :getmecoat:

Skysports reported a 12 month contract.

Tansey deal

Inverness have also concluded their second signing of the summer after former Stockport midfielder Greg Tansey penned a 12-month deal.

"This is a very good league with a lot of other capable teams so I've made the right move," said Tansey.

"Once I spoke to Terry Butcher I knew there was no turning back. He was so positive about the future of this club.

"He's so enthusiastic and I'm sure he'll get the best out of me.

"I'm relishing playing at a big club like Inverness and can't wait to get started for real."

Sky link

You can say <insert media outlet here> reported it and choose from many who have, but the simple truth of the matter is that whilst TB may have spoken to him (as he is free to do) the actual contract cannot have been signed (until July 1st) and the club will not confirm it until it has been.

We can bitch and moan at the club being slow as much as we like, but in this instance - and the English tour - they are choosing not to officially announce anything until its actually official !!!!!

My point was really to highlight that the media are not to be 100% relied upon and that until it comes from the club it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

agreed.

The signings I am looking for are further extensions to the Butcher and Malpas contracts. They are contracted to the end of next season only. A clear commitment to the club from the management team makes it easier for players to show some level of commitment. When you look at how few of the team have contracts beyond the end of next season the future looks far from clear. The Board should ensure that any player or member of the management team they really want to keep should never be on a contract of less than a year.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

The Board should ensure that any player or member of the management team they really want to keep should never be on a contract of less than a year.

I agree to an extent but I also believe the board should also take into account the adverse effect relegation would have on the club. Maybe a clause in contracts reducing wage bill in the event and/or an opt out to free the players and club from austerity.