FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick promoting themselves

12th Man

All good and well making a promo video but how do they plan on airing it and where? Is it a TV promo or strictly for their website? Who is it aimed at, fans who already know what its all about or a wider audience who haven't heard of PT? Would such a promo benefit our club or would the costs of production outweigh the income expected? It could generate a bit of income. It could lose money. Hard to say on this one.

Is it a TV promo or strictly for their website?

It's a minute and a half long, about three times as long as your typical or even longish TV ad so I couldn't imagine a team of Partick's means affording to put in on TV.

I'm sure they wouldn't have made it if they didn't have places to put it.

For a start, if they have a screen, they could run it on Friday nights at Firhill when all these well heeled "Gavins and Melvilles" (Tam Cowan's terminology) are in watching the rugger.

All good and well making a promo video but how do they plan on airing it and where? Is it a TV promo or strictly for their website? Who is it aimed at, fans who already know what its all about or a wider audience who haven't heard of PT? Would such a promo benefit our club or would the costs of production outweigh the income expected? It could generate a bit of income. It could lose money. Hard to say on this one.

If you look on their web site it would be very difficult to miss it.As its on their website I would hazzard a quess that it is aimed at Partic Thistle fans spending a bit more cash.

Our version would be the sneckie rap of course.

If you look on their web site it would be very difficult to miss it.As its on their website I would hazzard a quess that it is aimed at Partic Thistle fans spending a bit more cash.

Our version would be the sneckie rap of course.

This is the point I'm trying to make. On the website its aimed at existing fans. Fans who will already know all the info from programmes etc. To make such worthwhile it also needs to get out to business. To the people who they need to convince to part with cash. It isn't beyond possibility that this vid was produced free of charge by a fan and no cost has been incurred by PT.

A viral video could quite easily be sent to clients and potential clients, loaded up onto websites etc etc. Its also cheaper to make a 90 second video than print off hundres of packs for clients

ICT could quite easily do something like this as long as they get someone who says "Matches, Packages" and not "Matcheees, Packagees"

• Agree 1

I think the really important question here is....What was 12th Man doing on the Partick website? :ponder:

Good to see what else is going on out there, otherwise how do you know if you are streets ahead or could do better.

When theres less money out there you have to work even harder to find ways to bring it in.

Its not just the team and the management that should aspire to be amongst the best of the teams in the SPL

Nothing wrong with staff wanting to improve their own ranking too. (if permitted)

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/page/Advertising/0,,10447,00.html v http://www.ptfc.co.uk/commercial/website_advertising

The purpose of looking on other web sites was never with the intention of orchestrating a witch hunt but coming soon is starting to become a catch phrase for our club.

If only there were web designers willing to offer their services and not stick their noses into the directors businesses. :tongueincheek: