FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kerrea Gilbert ex aresnal

caleyrule

After a while of working out (and asking some-one) a few days in that photo there was a lad in the 25 top and a smaller lad behind him who turns out to be Kerrea Gilbert the ex aresnal full-back

Played a few times for aresnal including a sub appearance in the champions league

Thoughts? Would sound like a good signing anyway

• Agree 1

5'9" is small for a defender, but he must be pretty darn good to have come close to making the grade at Arsenal. His last club seems to have been Portland Timbers in the MLS (who I see Adam Moffat, ex County and Elgin, plays for). I'm sure plenty of other SPL teams would like to have him on trial, so Terry has done well just to get him here for a look.

He seems to have a pedigree that is as high as we can realistically expect to attract, but we'll see how his Champions League credentials shape up at Grant Street!

Hopefully he makes more of an impact than the last vertically challenged Arsenal reject we got.

I think though, with full backs, pace, intelligence and positioning are more important than height. Obviously with centre backs it is a different case.

Talking of Portland Timbers, they have without question the best mascot -

He got the "boot" from Arsenal after a drink driving offence and that stopped him getting a US visa - hopefully he is a bit older and wiser now - purrfect for the rite back slot or possibly even the pacy "libero" that we have been sadly lacking for years.

Dont think it was Drink Driving. He has been in bother on a few occassions for drink related crimes the last of which was a charge of Drunk and Disorderly in 2008.

Being someone who enjoys a drink he'll fit in well in the Heathmount. He's also a bit injury prone but I still think he could do the biz in SPL.

• 2 weeks later...

Not impressed. Thought he would have been a great signing but if he is faking injuries to duck out of a move north then i dont want him here. Back to the drawing board then.

Edited by ajsict92

kerrea first picked up his 'thigh strain' in the game he played. he got a scan which was grade one (out for a few days) and kerrea said he was more fine to train. the club then told him he shouldnt play for 2-3 weeks so this meant kerrea wanted to go back to england as he wouldnt stay here watching football. as he was fine he went to mk dons to play

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

**** him

You still think that after what caleyrule has said? If he's got no offer and believes himself fit, why would he just hang around watching instead of trying to get a new contract. If what caleyrule has said is true (and it often is), I don't see Gilbert's done anything wrong. Wouldn't rule him out if it's just ICT wants him to stay on the sidelines, whilst Gilbert wants to play. Shows he's keen. Brings his worth higher in my book. Hope we're still looking at him after what people have said about him in his trial period.

• Agree 4

What I dont understand is this from the Courier

Butcher had also had to put his plans to sign Kerrea Gilbert on hold as he

waits to see how his calf injury responds to treatment. The former Arsenal

defender had been in talks with Caley Thistle about signing permanently after a

successful trial spell.

?It?s a small calf strain that Kerrea?s got, but it?s going to rule him out

of action for a few weeks,? said Butcher.

?It?s a massive blow, not only for him, but ourselves as well because we had

hoped to have signed him by now.

?He?s now got to go away and get some rehab because it could develop into a

chronic problem.

?Hopefully it will settle down quickly, but we?ll monitor how the treatment

goes before deciding if we want to take our interest further.?

Suggests we were very keen to sign him but he was injured and we believed that injury would take a couple of weeks to heal. Yet he is fit enough to play and even assist in a goal for MK Dons. Is someone not very good at assessing injury or is someone else doing a bit of bluffing? I understand the player needs a job and will have trials with a few teams in the hope of getting that contract but surely if he was fit enough to play for MKD then he was fit enough to be offered a deal with us.

What's the big deal of whether of he's injured or not? If Butcher knows how good he is, then why didn't he just sign him while he was still injured? I highly doubt that he'd sign the contract and then suffer the consequences of his injury by dropping dead!

• Agree 2

What's the big deal of whether of he's injured or not? If Butcher knows how good he is, then why didn't he just sign him while he was still injured? I highly doubt that he'd sign the contract and then suffer the consequences of his injury by dropping dead!

He could have been our Daniel Prodan.

If he is indeed injured, then I think the clue may be in the response ....

"It?s a small calf strain but it?s going to rule him out of action for a few weeks ....... He?s now got to go away and get some rehab because it could develop into a chronic problem"

The simple fact of the matter is that we cannot afford to have a player signed who may be out for an extended period of time before a ball is even kicked ... our budget (or lack of it) will not allow that.

Butcher - Inverness Courier - 12/07/2011 :

Butcher had also had to put his plans to sign Kerrea Gilbert on hold as he waits to see how his calf injury responds to treatment. The former Arsenal defender had been in talks with Caley Thistle about signing permanently after a successful trial spell.

?It?s a small calf strain that Kerrea?s got, but it?s going to rule him out of action for a few weeks,? said Butcher.

Karl Robinson - MK Dons boss - BBC Sport 11/07/2011 :

MK Dons boss Karl Robinson has handed trials to Jay O'Shea, John Dunleavy, Kerrea Gilbert and Ian McLoughlin.

But then qualifies this with :

Because we're running on a small squad this year we need bodies to come in and help us out.

"We help them out because we give them training, it gives other clubs a chance to have a look at them, but I was happy with them."

Bottom line is that he has a history of poor discipline and I doubt whether TB will or should stand for this.