FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New contracts for Butcher and Malpas

Libero

it is being reported that Butcher and Malpas are going to be offered new contracts:

CALEY Thistle?s management team of Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas are to be offered new contracts. The Courier understands that the board at Inverness will be entering into discussions with manager Butcher and his assistant Malpas in the near future.

The pair were rewarded for their efforts in guiding Caley Thistle back into the Scottish Premier League last April with a contract extension, which expires at the end of the forthcoming season.

Such is the impact Butcher and Malpas have made following their arrival in the Highland Capital two years ago, the club?s board want to act swiftly to broker new deals for the duo.

The news of the imminent contract offers to Butcher and Malpas comes only two days after the club confirmed that a group of Inverness exiles have expressed a willingness to invest a six-figure sum into Caley Thistle.

Linky

Fantastic news IMO, Butcher and Malpas has showed enormous passion, determination and drive in their efforts to take this club onwards, i hope they are at the helm for years to come. In Tel we trust. :ictscarf:

Another thing to take from the possible extension is the lad like Foran and the others that TB picked up and dusted off and are TB Fathfulls will be up for it too i hope.

Very much hope we can get the management duo signed up for a decent length. I feel this season will be a good one and we'll do well. Don't want to be losing them - at least without decent compensation.

Can't see them accepting any more than a 1 year extension...not because I think they are looking to move on any time soon (far from it, IMO), but because they'll want to be on the same deal as the players...and that's only right.

Would be a little hypocritical of Butcher to be offering players 1 and 2 year deals on the basis of having them earn future contracts and not exposing the club to long term liabilities if they themselves were to sign a 3 or 4 year contract (as much as I would like them too).

• Agree 1

Glad to hear the club are looking to extend Butcher and Malpas' contracts. Hope Butcher and Malpas are happy enough to sign them now !!!

Excellent news, shows the board are willing to back them and are demonstrates enormous trust by trying to sort this out before it gets too late. Stability is the key to any success and this is a great move for all concerned.

I personally think the board should wait at least 3-6 months before entering into discussions with Terry and Mo about contract extensions

We basically have a new untried team out their this season so surely waiting to see how good they gel should be the priority ,then providing the club is progressing sit down and talk money

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I personally think the board should wait at least 3-6 months before entering into discussions with Terry and Mo about contract extensions

We basically have a new untried team out their this season so surely waiting to see how good they gel should be the priority ,then providing the club is progressing sit down and talk money

dougal

you really are a glass is half empty kind of guy, aren't you?

get them signed up now. :twothumbsup:

I'd like to know what Renegade thinks.

Well you've asked, so here you go!

Well, believe it or not, I have to agree in part with Dougal! While I do not oppose giving the management team a new deal, I'd rather see how the first chunk of the season goes first. Remember how quickly things can change in football.

Well, believe it or not, I have to agree in part with Dougal! While I do not oppose giving the management team a new deal, I'd rather see how the first chunk of the season goes first. Remember how quickly things can change in football.

The flip side of this would be that if we have a really good few months Terry and Mo may be wanted elsewhere. sign them up now and if they end up doing well at least decent compensation would be due which may scare off others.

And before anyone says it, The flip side of my argument would mean if it all goes sour - not so good - but let's be optimisticictscarf.gif

I agree. Butch has taken an enormous risk. Could work wonderfully but could equally crash. I would have left it until Xmas.

The flip side of this would be that if we have a really good few months Terry and Mo may be wanted elsewhere. sign them up now and if they end up doing well at least decent compensation would be due which may scare off others.

Yes, better safe than sorry IMO.