FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs vs ICT

Dmacca

I honestly cannot believe we lost that. We had some cracking chances in that game today and I can't understand how we never scored. I haven't seen the stats but I felt we more than matched Hibs who seemed content to play lovely passes about the place for most of the game. They displayed a real cutting edge at getting the ball into the box through neat interchanges but never threatened too much. Broonie had a great save in the first half. Zibi who is normally utter guff actually pulled off a wonder save to deny Dargo and then Bayne. Given his recent poor performances against us you can see how much that save meant to him. Whittaker went on an amazing run that would have seen him score a wonder had it not gone past the post.

In the 2nd half we still had good chances mostly from breaking up Hibs attacks. I thought Wilson was instrumental in most of our attacks like he was against Aberdeen. McBain had a guilt edged chance and for the first time in his entire career decided to use his right foot for something which meant an easy save for the Hibs keeper. We also were getting some success down the right as well with a few breaks into the box putting us close but the final ball was just lacking.

Hibs took the lead with a good goal from Fletcher who fired across goal past Brown. Gutted as we had come so close ourselves only minutes before. After this we seemed to lose it a bit and went back to long ball *sigh* and Hibs were content to pass it about for most of the game after that. Not sure about the penalty as it was at the other end of the ground but given that it was Killen who went down and based on the 1st half when he wasn't shy to go to ground I do wonder if perhaps he made the most of any contact. He put it away well though. McSwegan nearly scored an absolute beaut when he came on which would have made up for things somewhat!

Referee appeared rather biased towards Hibs. I can't think of any 50 - 50 decision that went our way although given what Dargo did to their keeper I think we got one there for sure! I wonder if Malkowski said something to provoke a reaction like that? To be honest - Dargo should have walked.

In honesty though the Ref didn't lose us the game - our inability to finish off our chances did that for us. Such a shame as, like the Hearts game, I don't think the final score was a true reflection on proceedings.

Finally I thought we had a great support down today. Really vocal and got behind the team well. How sad then that only 3 players bothered to applaud the Away fans at the game. Well done to Bayne, McSwegan and ? (I can't mind but there was another! Think it was Munro).

Guest ictdave

McSwegan nearly scored an absolute beaut when he came on which would have made up for things somewhat!

Finally I thought we had a great support down today. Really vocal and got behind the team well. How sad then that only 3 players bothered to applaud the Away fans at the game. Well done to Bayne, McSwegan and ? (I can't mind but there was another! Think it was Munro).

I dont know what would have been funnier mcswegan scoring or ure face if the ball went in the net but to be truthful mcswegan done ok in the game when he came on and the hibs fans shouting fat baetard when he touched the ball was harsh givin that most of of the hibs fanss that walked past were fat beatarrds them selves

And to be fair they did applaud before the game when warming up but more should have applauded at the end must have been over 400 fans today probably more (not very good at estimating)

I didn't think Hibs so good until they scored. Before that they had seen a lot of the ball without creating a great deal. The game was very open for spells, with Barry choosing not to chase back too often as Hibs tend to leave three up. If Dargo had scored before half time, or if McBain hadn't fluffed his one on one then we could be looking back on another great away victory at Easter Road.

I'm still concerned about the midfield though. Rankin goes missing too often and Roy isn't playing well.

Well done to Duncan though, who was pretty solid.