FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry gives five week warning or else

bigjohn

Couldn't find any sign of this on here, or on the official site, so I thought I'd try and post a link to an item in todays central belts copy of the Daily Record.

Terry has warned the defence, with the exception of Tokely, that they have five weeks to save their skin or face the axe in January. Hope the link works coz I'm terrible with computers.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23599314/

Hopefully the boot up the arse they need.

I'm actually quite confident that we will win on saturday. You can get 3/1 for an ICT win and 1.83 for ICT not to lose. Think a good bet will be going on that.

The last time I bet on us we were 3/1.... and scored 6 goals!:ictscarf:

Tough talking from Butcher. I hope how he pin pointed Davis and Gillet doesn't have a negative effect on them. But this could indeed be the boot they all need.

love this shows butchers backing for tokely and his disapointment at the rest

i dont see him getting rid of hogg mind would be i trouble with the god daughter and hes our second best centre back

i think at the rate this is going il be just as buzzing if we keep a clean sheet as i was at the 6-3 win

Terry calls it lack of desire.

When I was looking at the highlights of Hearts game I had the feeling there was a lack of urgency about the individual players and a lack of real spirit and enthusiam.

These highlights are only a small slice of the ebb and flow of the game and you really can't judge the whole match on the highlights but, whatever you call it, it boils down to passion for goals and a passion for the club.

When Dodds was centre half it was there. So ?

It's just P.R., posturing, brinksmanship - call it what you will, but I just can't see TB starting from scratch again in January.

Maybe the defence is taking a while to gel but I would hate to see a new group of strangers coming in in January and effectively guaranteeing us 1st Division football next season.

He had to say something, no clean sheet all season and im suprised he didnt say it sooner. Im glad he withdrew Tokely from the criticism, Tokely has been the standout in recent weeks and was without question the best player at Tynecastle.

Singling out people could go either way. It will either turn players against Terry or it could get the reaction he wants, im looking to Saturday with much anticipation now.

With no pre-season and a run of injuries, Hogg was always going to struggle to get going. The busy festive period will bring out the best in him. I really don't fear for a defence that can call on Piermayr/Meekings, Hogg, Tokely, Gillet/Shinnie - possibly a little light in the centre (except I thought Golobart could have been a crucial player by now had we stuck with him - too late now I'm guessing) but that depends on Jones coming back.

Too many injuries, plus too much bad luck with decisions. Unlikely it will stay like that. Imagine our team now but with Doran, Jones and Cox back, plus Hogg and Hayes motoring on full strength. That's easily better than the Pars, the Saints and a good few others at least.

why exactly did g.shinnie get dropped? cto player of the month a curse these days?

i thought he had played well when i'd seen him and generally don't rate gillet better than him. much the same if anything. not saying he is the answer to our defensive woes tho.

that rests with tokely, hogg and esson getting some serious co-operation going.

Can't really see Butcher having the cash to make any new defensive purchases in January, so I expect this newspaper report, if true, is just him trying to motivate what he has got. I know we've had lots of injuries but I don't get the feeling that Butcher knows what his best defensive line up is. He has certainly tried a few different permutations. Losing 2 goals a game indicates that he hasn't got it right yet. I sincerely hope he cracks it soon.

Can't really see Butcher having the cash to make any new defensive purchases in January, so I expect this newspaper report, if true, is just him trying to motivate what he has got. I know we've had lots of injuries but I don't get the feeling that Butcher knows what his best defensive line up is. He has certainly tried a few different permutations. Losing 2 goals a game indicates that he hasn't got it right yet. I sincerely hope he cracks it soon.

Disagree, Golobart will be gone in January, as well as Chippendale and i wouldnt be suprised if one or two more go as well, that will free up space that i think Terry will use should he feel the need. The boys on loan wont be here on nothing so that could free up some funding.

Youd think if there was one position on the pitch where we would be strong would be Defence, given our management teams background. This is where this seasons problems lye. This season IS going to be our worst record (defensivley), since joining the SPL, im pretty sure of that. Still....as i have always sed.....as long as we can finnish 11th or higher, come the end of the season, that will do me dandy

Edited by SMEE

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the defence has never been the same since Dods left. There's been good defenders that have come and gone and it's had periods of being better than others, but he obviously did something while he was there because it's still never been as good since.

I don't like these comments. Butcher needs to take some responsibility for our position in the league. The back 4 of Meekings-Tokely-Hogg-Gillet has just played consecutive games together for the first time, so it's hardly surprising that they look a little lost together. Butcher said after the Killie game that he's known his best team since pre-season but hasn't been able to play it because of injuries. This is clearly untrue because Hogg and Davis weren't signed until the season had started. I suspect that Butcher is only beginning to realise what his best team is, and that the amount of chopping and changing he's done in the meantime has a lot to do with the number of goals we've conceded.

• Agree 1

I don't like these comments. Butcher needs to take some responsibility for our position in the league. The back 4 of Meekings-Tokely-Hogg-Gillet has just played consecutive games together for the first time, so it's hardly surprising that they look a little lost together. Butcher said after the Killie game that he's known his best team since pre-season but hasn't been able to play it because of injuries. This is clearly untrue because Hogg and Davis weren't signed until the season had started. I suspect that Butcher is only beginning to realise what his best team is, and that the amount of chopping and changing he's done in the meantime has a lot to do with the number of goals we've conceded.

Just go to the "Team Info" and check the figures as a direct comparison from this time last year..........depressing statistics, probably best ever league position as opposed to our current worst ever :sad:

It took until the killie game for the midfield and attack to gel and produce the goods, any defence will loose goals if the players in front are not doing their job. Since the shape has been changed to basically not having foran up top as he is much better out wide the team has played better but still not consistently enough. When the team does click it looks very good at times and they now look like a team who can compete and beat anyone on their day.

The Sunday Post (in a brown paper bag of course) gave pretty lousy marks for the team. Esson, Tokely and Gillet only a 5 each, with Hogg and Golobart on a 6. If that were the case, we should have shipped a lot more goals than that.

It also gave Gary Teale man of the match and Stephen Thompson got the best rating. Was their man even at the game yesterday? His review was laughable. Its not the first time theyve done this.

Earlier in the season when we beat Killie 2-1 they gave Dayton motm, despite the fact he threw a blantant dive to win a penalty and im pretty sure it was the Killie team that got the more favourable rating.

What a load of bull.