FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Game OFF

strathyjags

Went for a 10 mile run before the game and the roads, pavements and grass are running with excess water. Grassy areas are saturated. Drainage can only happen so far regardless of under soil heating etc. The Caledonian Stadium is after all exposed to sleet, wet snow and rain. Tommy is not superhuman!

An aquifer is a wet underground layer of water-bearing permeable rock or unconsolidated materials (gravel, sand, or silt) from which groundwater can be usefully extracted using a water well. The study of water flow in aquifers and the characterization of aquifers is called hydrogeology. Related terms include aquitard, which is a bed of low permeability along an aquifer,[1] and aquiclude (or aquifuge), which is a solid, impermeable area underlying or overlying an aquifer. If the impermeable area overlies the aquifer pressure could cause it to become a confined aquifer.

How feckin often do I have to be rite ?

I am reliably informed that Gator Engineering & Aquifer Restoration, Inc. (GEAR) are en route.

That's me just home after another late postponment, totally frustrated once again by the contempt shown for both sets of fans with this farce. If there had been any doubt about this fixture and given the weather forecast a decision should have been made the day before.

I left Aberdeen at 7.00am to ensure plenty of time what with the early kick off and all. Think it's totally ludicrous that an inspection is called for less than three hours before kick off with most fans already in Inverness or very close. I met up with 'Home Fans' in the social club who had travelled from Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen for the match who were all similarly minded, however not surprised by the decision.

So what does this week-end hold for us?...........any lessons learned or thought given to the support.................I seriously doubt it. Don't seem to be able to find any explaination or dare I say apology on the official site............says it all really.

Think I may just prepare an invoice for all of my costs and present it to our chairman.

Edited by Donview

It's the referee and not the club that makes the decision. Sounds to me as though the club felt the pitch was playable but the referee had his doubts when he arrived and decided he would do an inspection. There was certainly nothing unexpected with the weather in the intervening period so the question for me is why would the club and referee have such different opinions as to whether the pitch was playable? Surely there are fairly clear criteria for making a decision. It would be good if the club could give a clear explanation as a lot of people have been significantly inconvenienced by this late decision.

Think there's a perfect solution for everyone .......

ICT has an aquifer ....

ICT fans like a drink ....

Build a brewery .....

Many brewers have made use of them

http://www.carlsberg...ges/Israel.aspx

http://ghostriverbrewing.com/home.htm

http://www.creemores...m/live/home.php

http://www.coopers.c...ate/environment

http://articles.orla...-makers-brewery

http://destinationbe...eers/red-stripe

According to the UK Geological Society there's a lecture on the very subject at Cardiff University on Feb 18th .... with the title "Wine, Whisky and Beer: The Role of Geology"

The world of wine is full of the importance of geology. Wine labels, advertising, magazine articles and the like enthuse about how the soils and bedrock in the vineyard affect wine taste, even in some cases that the geology can actually be tasted in the wine. Whisky writings are similar, highlighting the rocks that the all-important distilling water came into contact with. Beer, in contrast, attracts a relatively sparse literature and it rarely mentions geology. I will argue in this talk that this state of affairs is in reality the wrong way round. While vineyard geology has a role in vine growth, its influence on wine taste is largely anecdotal and is probably complex and very indirect. The importance of geology for whisky is similarly over-hyped (unfortunately!). But with beer, geology demonstrably influences the growth of hops and barley, and most breweries rely on the local groundwater. And the aquifer geochemistry not only directly affects beer flavour but the brewing process itself, historically helping define the classic styles of beer still with us today.
  • Agree 1

Great to see the Chairman coming out so quickly to address yesterdays call-off. He has waited, collected all the information needed, and given a full explanation and reasoning behind it. Unlike the fans who were on FB and Twatter, automatically blaming the club, without knowing the background!!

I think its a great gesture halving the price for the rearranged game. Considering the club was not to blame for call-off

In these days of mobile phones and other technology, does anyone else find it strange that there is a distinct lack of photographs of the condition of the pitch to 'back up' the waterlogging stories??!! :ponder::tongueincheek:

In these days of mobile phones and other technology, does anyone else find it strange that there is a distinct lack of photographs of the condition of the pitch to 'back up' the waterlogging stories??!! :ponder::tongueincheek:

Has the picture been issued yet with Tommy forking the pitch whilst standing in a rowing boat

Has the picture been issued yet with Tommy forking the pitch whilst standing in a rowing boat

Peter Paul did try to get a picture ........

post-2-0-50554000-1325613432.jpg

• Agree 2