FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline v ICT live radio commentary.

Charles Bannerman

This may be of some use to people who aren't at the game and don't have access to the TV commentary for the replay.

Radio Scotland will have full live commentary on 810 medium wave from Liam MacLeod with Craig Paterson and possibly John Robertson summarising.

I could guess there's a fair chance of this also being available abroad but I don't know.

Charles ... 0% of the BBC's online football broadcasts are legitimately available overseas.

It is (or was) a media rights minefield but the BBC never used to block coverage unless one of the teams involved had invoked their own worldwide broadcasting rights (which trumped the BBC who hold non-exclusive UK rights and were also able to broadcast outside the UK if they wished to do so providing no-one else with worldwide rights wanted to (typically the clubs own websites)). In practice, this typically meant that ICT games Vs some teams (eg St Mirren, Hearts if playing at TCS, Hibs etc) would be broadcast worldwide online, but other games (V Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock etc) would be blocked to all but UK users.

Not sure if there was a change in the rules or whether the BBC just got tired of having to have two separate policies in place that probably had some overhead in maintaining, but since the start of last season, they basically now block coverage of ALL games outside the UK and this season they have extended that to OpenAllMics too.

The Scottish Cup however has ALWAYS been blocked outside the UK regardless of the teams playing in the game. Different rights arrangements I assume.