FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Current Climate

Tug

this is under a new thread as i could probably tie it into several that are currently running at the moment. if any of the mods want to move this to the thread thet feel most appropriate then please feel free :-

i would like to respond to a few things that are running in various threads at the moment and felt this was the most appropriate way, i may even bring up a couple of new points for you all to laugh at me over :)

1. I stayed away from yesterdays came for a few reasons. a) i work 3 weekends a month just now and the wife is understandably a bit annoyed at the prospect of me spending my only saturday off away at the game for a good chunk of the day b) i unfortunately cant run to the half tank of fuel,match ticket,programme pie and drink it would cost to go right now. c) the weather yesterday was dire and i didnt fancy freezing my bits off d) i was working with my father in law on his farm to help him get some jobs done(my daughter and wife helped too before anyone points that bit out)

2. owing to a change in work patterns i have had to surrender my season ticket this year as i can ill afford to spend £300+ on a luxury item that will not get used to maximum benifit

3. i do object to the away fans behaviour and attitudes and would certainly feel that this could be a deciding factor on attending a game or not, particularly as i am looking to a suitable match to take my young daughter to for her first game

now you may think that the above comments make me less of a fan than you and if you want to think that then so be it but before you judge let me add this. back in october i worked very hard with the club to conceive and organise the armed forces and veterans appreciation day, i have also been working with the cub to try to arrange a team bonding day. this is a link i am trying to forge for the good of the club and the good of the local forces. the club have been fantastic in respect of helping with this and have bent over backwards to assist. we are still looking to organise some things that will help not only the club but the the locals too. i have often endured a fair amount of **** taking from work colleagues for supporting the guys but have always come back with the same response. YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR HOME TEAM. i may not be at many matches right now but it does not mean that i am any less of a fan

Edited by Tug
  • Agree 1

If anyone knows your job Tug then they're bound to understand the committments you have to make in life mate. I dont think anyone could say you were any less of a fan of our club. Besides did you not parade the Caley Jags colours in front of the Regimental colours in Basra. :tongueincheek:

Up until, and including our relegated season, I would be at a home game every time I wasn't away. Sadly, price increases and no wage rises dictate that I can no longer do that. Am I any less of a fan?

heres my own tale. I supprted ICT ALL the way thro the lower leagues, right up to and including winning promotion to the SPL. Since then, I dont think i have been to more than a handfull of games. my circumstances just dont allow it. I simply cant justify the admission price. Its ironic that since we reached the upper eschelons of Scottish Football, i seem to have lost a fair bit of interest in the game. Anytime i do watch them now, mostly on tele or listen on radio....im pretty much bored to death. I have gone on record before as saying....id rather lose every game and feel entertained, than feel ripped off and let down.

At the end of the day, I firmly believe that ICT should realistically be getting gates of about 6000. But...footie seems to be dying on its ass in Scotland....and that seems to be passing everyone by. The question is....WHY and what can be done?

• Agree 1

I have supported ICT from the start and Caley before that. In the early days I rarely missed a game but as things change such as location I don't often make home games but do make a reasonable number of away games.

However every match day I am listening when I can and getting updates on here, twitter or from my dad who is at every game.

I love the club and will always support my home team. Whether I make all, some or none I don't grade myself any less than those that make more games.

ICT all the way through the good , the bad and the ugly!

climate, It sounds as if a deep depression is affecting the ICT fans.

Had we won on Saturday I dont think we wouldn't have been posting such gloom and doom related topics

Forecast, possibility of things brightening up at the weekend, making it hot in Southern regions, fans could be usefull as temperatures may rise beyond the norm.

Whilst a very pleasant atmosphere travels North in the evening bringing fresh air to the Highlands It may however leave dark clouds over Glasgow !

WARNING This could spark of storms in the South!!

I have always supported Caley Thistle and before that Caley. However, it is only really since I qualified for a concession ticket that I have been able to attend all the games, home and away. Since retiring from my full time job, I have a small part time job and that pays for the footie - travel to home and away games, season ticket, away entrance, cup tie entrance, etc. I couldnt do that if I didnt get the concession entrance - it makes the difference between attendance and pacing the floor at home worrying - now I just worry whilst being at the stadiums.

It is folly to call anyone a better or worse supporter than another in any way shape or form ...... we all support the club as best we can and in whatever way we can based on our own personal circumstances.

I have not attended regularly since 2003 as a 7000 mile round trip is not really feasible most weekends, but when planning trips back home - unless its for a specific event/purpose - I have to admit to scanning the fixture list for suitable dates and working towards that. Others may live out of town, may have limited financial means, may have other personal commitments like looking after children, or work commitments, or may be younger supporters who cant get to all games because their parents have commitments (or aren't interested) .... and none of us should look down our noses at anyone for that !!!!

I am comfortable with my commitment to ICT, with the work I do behind the scenes assisting ICT, and with the sense of pride I get from being able to be their unofficial PR ambassador in Toronto (along with luvgravy of course) mentioning ICT at every opportunity when I go to TFC games, or just when out and about in the city ..... not to mention the sense of connection I retain from having run this site for the last 18 years !!!!

I may not agree with the comments posted by some on here, I may not personally like some who post on here, but for the most part, I would not question anyone who comes on here and shows their support of the club

• Agree 2

My. Youv'e done well Scotty. 18 years!.

All that I can think of saying is.... Streuth!

But you must like meee...... 'cos I'm a Canajin. :canada:

Even if me sense of humour is as twisted sometimes as IHE's and Monty Python's. :fingers:

OOH! That's the first time i've ever used the little guy with the fingers. Doesn't he look good when magnified to 150%. :salute: