FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thomas Piermayr

dougal

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/08/inverness-ct-star-thomas-piermayr-most-locals-support-the-old-firm-86908-23779355/

Oh dear even the players are getting in on the act?

IHE and some mods will be choking on their corn flakes at breakfast this morning while reading this article

Dougal

Edited by dougal

not sure what your complaint is dougal

i read that as a fairly reasonable article to a foreign paper about how he is geting on over here.

to him it probably does seem that most of the locals support the old firm and if thats what his impression of things is then we should be using it as a springboard to recruit a new age of fans

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23779355/

Oh dear even the players are getting in on the act?

IHE and some mods will be choking on their corn flakes at breakfast this morning while reading this article

Dougal

Hardly brand new information but he's (Piermayr) absolutely correct. I've no idea why anybody would be choking over anything Dougal.

People are not going to read it and think- LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE FROM OUTSIDE GLASGOW IN OLD FIRM SUPPORT SHOCKER!

EDIT- to clarify who I thought was correct.

Edited by fraz

To be fair, I don't like the way the article is worded (Not Thomas but the Daily Record)

"INVERNESS defender Thomas Piermayr has taken a swipe at the locals in the Highlands"

Well there are many of us who do support the local team - we do have a small support but not any smaller than your average bottom half SPL team. The Record are making it out as if there are no Caley Thistle fans in Inverness. I hope Thomas notices the 3,000 fans that turn up on Saturday.

Piermayr is correct but what is answer to having a low fan base? Just how do we take the collection of fanatics and misguided souls away back to supporting good local teams?

The County and most other teams in Scotland suffer from the same thing!

neksor

Just for the record I have no problem with the article and I agree entirely with it's content

My problem is with the spy's in our camp, the ones who openly have the old firm and other teams as their big team

Snakes in the grass and I don't trust them

Dougal

My problem is with the spy's in our camp, the ones who openly have the old firm and other teams as their big team

Snakes in the grass and I don't trust them

Dougal

You mean these people are even worse than those battalions of Spectre agents and Fifth Columnists who are hiding round every corner just waiting to get you and you alone? :lol:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

:lol: :lol: :lol: I did choke on my Farley's Rusk as I read this and got a hell of an itch in ma Cellic tattoo :lol: :lol: :lol:

I then had to go to the mirror and check that ma ICT one was still intact.

Good, honest article - the bit that interested me was the suggestion that too much emphasis is placed on the physical nature of the game in training and the lack of skill, finesse and tactics do shine through.

From a psychological perspective the use of the well known Austrian phrase " he would never stab you in the back" was an interesting choice !!

Human nature to back a 'winner' albeit a club which is now on the brink of oblivion. Still, it was pretty disappointing having a look through the CaleyJags photo album though http://www.caleyjags...gers/index.html and seeing quite a few folk I recognised.

Which number is Dougal in ?

I have heard that Piermayr left the stadium at 2pm on saturday. Unless there is some personal reason for that, what does it say about team spirit?

He didnt leave, he turned up in his suit left to get changed into some casual clothes and came back, i know cos i spoke to him. :wink:

• Agree 2