FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cost of a Rangers NewCo to our club.......

CaleyD

What would you do???  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you make a regular monthly contribution?

• Yes - Regardless
    • Yes- If Rangers NewCo was refused entry to SPL
    • Yes - If Rangers NewCo was submitted to SPL
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How much would you consider (Monthly)?

• £10
    • £25
    • £50
    • £100
    • More
    • Something, but don't know how much.
    • I don't have money, but I would give time.
    • I said No/Unsure above, so count me as zero.

Wow...talk about being lead by the nose and jumping on the bandwagon.

I was not suggesting any "Cash for Integrity" type deal. What I am asking is if the decision was made to go with the wishes of the fans and boot a Rangers NewCo out of the league, would the fans be willing to assist in getting the club through the financial hardship that would likely follow?

Would we be willing to put our hands in our pocket (more than we do already) in order to maintain the sporting integrity of the league? :ponder:

Integrity is about honesty and trust. The SPL is run by dishonest people who cant be trusted. Are we willing to support that and continue to be the laughing stock of the world or do we support an entertainment media that does display integrity?

Gabby, your assumptions on losses are based on lies from the leaders of the SPL and the idea that TV would walk away from a league without Rangers. No TV company has come forward and said they would walk away. The only persons who indicated such are those who were in the pockets of Rangers and Celtic. If Scottish football cant be successful without Rangers then Scottish football doesn't deserve to survive.

• Agree 4

Only each of us can answer this. Expectations as to what can be achieved need to be aligned to the income of the club.

The point that Caley D seems to making is that the impact of 'integrity' may be for the club to take a financial hit. Is this acceptable to the fans if this leads to increases in costs or reduction in player budgets? Perhaps.

The alternative to a reduction in budgets is for the club to incur debt and the calls will come for investment to be made to offset this, however this investment should be by 'others'

Thank you, I was beginning to think I might be speaking in a foreign language.

You are correct, I have had my answer...but the poll is to see what answer others give :wink:

I really am surprised at how many people have responded to your survey CaleyD as I think the result is obvious.

If and when Newco Rangers are disallowed access to the SPL it would be down to every club in the league to adjust their spending accordingly. If they could raise money by asking the fans to do something as suggested by CaleyD then fair play to them but if not they'd have to tighten their belts, Ross County gaining promotion this season will go a long way to offset any loss we would feel by getting rid of the cheats, our budgets are set with relegation in mind and there is bound to be back up plans should we find ourselves in the 1st Division. In case you have short memories there are no old firm teams in the first division to boost income. In my opinion if there was an untapped revenue stream available to the club should Rangers be gone then the club should be attempting to tap into it whilst Rangers are in the SPL, not doing so is folly.

ICT, as would every other club, will have a need to adjust spending regardless of whether a Rangers NewCo was submitted to the SPL or not.

The problem we have is that if Rangers were booted at this point in time then TV could rip up the current deal. I'm sure they would want to deal with us, but it would be at a reduced price. If a Rangers NewCo were re-submitted to the SPL then the current deal would continue, but we face the cost of losing even more fans.

This was an idea raised by me and not the club, so they are not attempting to do anything (with folly or not). I just hoped that there might be enough support for such an idea to justify spending more time on developing it and taking it to the club and saying "We (fans) aren't all mouth, you are caught between a rock and a hard place and we are willing to back up our demands with tangible financial assistance."

I'm one step ahead of you on the idea of doing something regardless...but that's a conversation for another time.

Fans have historically rallied best when faced with pending disaster. I guess I'm just putting out feelers to see if we are prepared for such a thing, and if there's enough goodwill left in the game for us to be able to rally the support needed if/when that day comes.

You are correct, I have had my answer...but the poll is to see what answer others give :wink:

I really am surprised at how many people have responded to your survey CaleyD as I think the result is obvious.

I obviously have a greater faith in our fans than you then.

We might only have about 35% who would support such a scheme, but if you assume a core support and apply the poll results as a guide to the wider fanbase then we have 1000 fans who would be interested in making a contribution. Even if we only averaged £10/month from each then that's £120k a year. Not earth shattering sum of money, but I believe if/when faced with the very real possibility of financial armageddon then it would increase....and of course there's also a high chance of corporate backing as well.

Time will tell whether my faith is misplaced or not.

I obviously have a greater faith in our fans than you then.

We might only have about 35% who would support such a scheme, but if you assume a core support and apply the poll results as a guide to the wider fanbase then we have 1000 fans who would be interested in making a contribution. Even if we only averaged £10/month from each then that's £120k a year. Not earth shattering sum of money, but I believe if/when faced with the very real possibility of financial armageddon then it would increase....and of course there's also a high chance of corporate backing as well.

Time will tell whether my faith is misplaced or not.

Nothing at all wrong with putting out feelers, if my club stepped up to the plate and did the correct thing I would consider myself a hypocrite not to financially support them when I have asked them to show faith in us. Whatever I felt I could reasonably afford.

I bow down as CaleyD is evidently projecting his negativity, anger and frustration on this seasons' performances on to a more acceptable focus.

According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone or something else. 'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "split out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person or subject,

daffySOAP.jpg

I bow down as CaleyD is evidently projecting his negativity, anger and frustration on this seasons' performances on to a more acceptable focus.

According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone or something else. 'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "split out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person or subject,

daffySOAP.jpg

Very good, most of Freud's ideas, whilst respected and revered at the time of writing, have been dismissed by modern psychologists. Have they not?

Nope - Siggy is the father of psychoanalysis which has "fathered" many of the offshoots. He was born in a different era but his "Interpretation of Dreams" publication is still revered by most and his theories were modified by the like of Jung and Adler - who viewed them to be too sexually orientated and cocaine influenced (which Siggy never actually took but did advocate as being medicinal). His theories of transference, the unconscious mind, the libido, dreams, psychosexual development and particulary the id, ego and super ego are all revered and copied.

He would basically have sectioned Craig Whyte and cured Caley D - although Oddquine would have been a challenge.

Nope - Siggy is the father of psychoanalysis which has "fathered" many of the offshoots. He was born in a different era but his "Interpretation of Dreams" publication is still revered by most and his theories were modified by the like of Jung and Adler - who viewed them to be too sexually orientated and cocaine influenced (which Siggy never actually took but did advocate as being medicinal). His theories of transference, the unconscious mind, the libido, dreams, psychosexual development and particulary the id, ego and super ego are all revered and copied.

He would basically have sectioned Craig Whyte and cured Caley D - although Oddquine would have been a challenge.

Have to agree on CW, definite psychopath without a doubt.

It's a shame that your emotions would never be reciprocated, have you noticed lately that people view your posts as nothing more than the ramblings of a needy, attention seeking old man?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least that is less offensive than being called a pr!ck !!

Envy shoots at others and wounds itself - and as ma old mucker Winston churchill once said to me during a pyschosocial intervention - "“Johndo - You have enemies ? Good. That menas that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life.

72-6chill.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least that is less offensive than being called a pr!ck !!

Envy shoots at others and wounds itself - and as ma old mucker Winston churchill once said to me during a pyschosocial intervention - "“Johndo - You have enemies ? Good. That menas that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life.

72-6chill.gif

;) if it helps to view me as an enemy feel free. Have you ever thought about how folks who have to quote others really have nothing of their own to say?

I hate you, then I love you. Its like I want to throw you off a cliff and then rush to the bottom to catch you.

Or perhaps folks who have to quote others are widely read and more intellectual ?

As ma old mucker Oscar Wilde once remarked to me - "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." And then Plato butted in with - "Life must be lived as play." i simply retorted - Do not take life so seriously as you will never get out of it alive - and in unison Oscar and Plato replied - "feck aff, that is nothing more than the ramblings of a needy, attention seeking old man?

I hate you, then I love you. Its like I want to throw you off a cliff and then rush to the bottom to catch you.

Or perhaps folks who have to quote others are widely read and more intellectual ?

As ma old mucker Oscar Wilde once remarked to me - "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." And then Plato butted in with - "Life must be lived as play." i simply retorted - Do not take life so seriously as you will never get out of it alive - and in unison Oscar and Plato replied - "feck aff, that is nothing more than the ramblings of a needy, attention seeking old man?

Kudos for the Jim Morrison quote, although not name dropping him leads me to believe you wanted to claim that one as your own, 6/10

My original "goal" has been acheived in relation to this boring, non footballing thread - The mind ought sometimes to be reverted that it may return to better thinking yet melancholy, indeed, should be diverted by every means but drinking and yet, almost every man wastes part of his life in attempts to display qualities which he does not possess, and to gain applauses which he cannot keep; so that scarcely can two persons meet, but one is offended or diverted by the ostentation of the other.

My original "goal" has been acheived in relation to this boring, non footballing thread - The mind ought sometimes to be reverted that it may return to better thinking yet melancholy, indeed, should be diverted by every means but drinking and yet, almost every man wastes part of his life in attempts to display qualities which he does not possess, and to gain applauses which he cannot keep; so that scarcely can two persons meet, but one is offended or diverted by the ostentation of the other.

I understand where you are coming from. But I really don't officiate games, like these.

Edited by marks

Integrity is about honesty and trust. The SPL is run by dishonest people who cant be trusted. Are we willing to support that and continue to be the laughing stock of the world or do we support an entertainment media that does display integrity?

Gabby, your assumptions on losses are based on lies from the leaders of the SPL and the idea that TV would walk away from a league without Rangers. No TV company has come forward and said they would walk away. The only persons who indicated such are those who were in the pockets of Rangers and Celtic. If Scottish football cant be successful without Rangers then Scottish football doesn't deserve to survive.

The TV contract specifies at least 3 old firm games. there is no contract without these games. TV companies haven't said anything yet because they are waiting for the dust to clear. My understanding is the current TV deal expires this season and the new contract has not been signed. By stipulating the minimum amount of old firm games they are indicating that the significant value of the contract is in old firm games. it is a no-brainer for TV - no old firm games, no contract.

It is clear they are saying this because they are confident newco will be in the SPL, if this doesn't occur - expect some olympic class back peddling.