FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Kevin Kyle. He's a free agent and in the past has left bigger clubs to go elsewhere to progress his career again - such as moving to Kille before then getting a deal with the Jambos. He has a decent goals record and done well in the SPL over the years. Big strong player who can hold the ball up and win in the air, could be a good partner for MacKay or Shinnie, not sure about his wages or expectations but think he would be a good signing if ICT looked at him?

If Butcher wouldnt sign McKay-Stevens on the basis of a niggling ankle injury then i cant see him going for a striker who has had some very serious hip problems to the extent his career is/was in the balance

I'm sure if we came knocking at his door he would rather stay in the SPL than move to Dunfermline. Then again i cant see us offering more money than hibs. JJ is at dunfermline so KK played under him at Hearts and BB is the assist manager at Hibs both already know the striker so i think that will play apart in which club he joins

Would be nice to have Cox back as Tansey's replacement - but we don't pay transfer fees. Hard to imagine that Swindon would let him leave for free having paid us something like £50,000 just a few months ago. And does the player want to return, and take a pay cut into the bargain? The article says he "could" return to us, but its hard to tell if that is just lazy and obvious speculation, or if there is any basis for the statement.

Hopefully an enquiry has been made though.

2 days away from the '7 signings in place for the 29th', any hints/rumours/concrete evidence of anyone at all apart from Jones?

Barry Nicholson

There has been a mass exodus at PNE with a lot of players being released however Nicholson was only placed on the transfer list, that leads me to suspect that they would want a fee if he were to leave. If thats the case (it would be strange given that he is 33) then i doubt we would be interested. That said he was a reasonably good footballer in his day, would certainly add an attacking impetus to the midfield

Brian McLean was transfer listed by Preston as well but had his contract terminated so he could join Dundee United so i would assume Nicholson would be able to get a similar settlement if he left them. Would love to have him here.

Everyone seem to harp on about Mackay-steven, He did some light training with us, appeared in pre season friendly against Clach and did well. As he hadnt played a competitive game for donkeys his body reacted badly and was not able to train again during pre season. Butcher still offered him a deal ( although it was pay as you play ), and he turned it down and then couldnt get a club until Airdrie took the chance about 4 or 5 months later.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on the Oxford Utd section of the Football Rumours website http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/OxfordUnited.php:

11 Jul 2012 09:33:12

Michael Raynes turns down Stockport, Rochdale, Wrexham and York to sign for OXFORD UNITED. Yesssssss.

Also turned down a move to the SPL with ICT, silly boy - would have made him.

He is described as a "no nonsense defender" who was released by League 2 side Rotherham. Was previously at Stockport.

A very unreliable source but I think it's entirely plausible that we would try to sign a player like that.

Toronto FC just released Nick Soolsma "by mutual consent". He could be worth a punt if the wages were right .... (TFC wage was equivalent to about £1300 p/week but not sure he would be worth quite that amount)

The 24 year old winger/forward was having a pretty decent season with TFC but was one of the three players who got arrested in Houston a few weeks ago for "public intoxication" (supposedly a very easy charge to be arrested for in Texas). The fallout from that arrest and the fact that he was a favourite of previous boss Aron Winter but not new boss Paul Mariner all added up to his release yesterday.

:lol: possibly ! Like I say, decent enough player and quite a lot of TFC fans are sad to see him go even if we knew it was inevitable ... He played virtually all games under Aron Winter and was doing good this season (compared to previous seasons where I would say he was 'average') ... but Mariner just doesnt rate him for some reason and was looking for any excuse to cut him loose ...

the drinking incident, which was blown out of all proportion gave him that excuse and its likely he will be followed out the door by Miguel Aceval a 29 year old centre half who was also arrested in that incident, but trust me, ICT dont want to look at that guy ... total liability ! The other one of the trio - Luis Silva - seems to have escaped unscathed as he has been playing regularly ... and he scored TFC's first goal last night !