FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Danny Cadamarteri been released by Huddersfield as well.

Looks like we now need a new Sub Goalie to replace JT, a Defender to replace Proctor, a Midfielder to Tansey, a Winger to replace Hayes and a Striker to replace Tade, so much for "keeping the majority of last seasons squad" eh!!!?

Danny Cadamarteri - will be wanting too much cash and is frankly not very good - remember when he was at D Utd, harldy set the SPL on fire!!!

JT - sub goalie so hardly played

Proctor - not really played much last year

Tansey - flattered to decive, wasnt that great or consistent

Only real loss is Hayes. Tade yes, and he was top scorer but he wasnt exceptional or prolific and had as many bad games as good......still would have liked him to stay but we will see how good he is at St J next year (he isnt the quality of even Sandaza IMO).

I think you are forgetting we have no central defenders signed - not one!!!

Gollo, Williams away, Hogg unfit and hardly ready and not signed, Rossco not signed, Proc released(although never a central defender)Gillet a right back defence and decent defenders will be crucial this coming season.

According to the tyronestv gudge on twitter we have a tuffey replacement lined up. Aswell as a new striker.

So that's 2 down 5/6 to go

it says that we have a GK lined up but only that we want a striker following Tades departure

According to the tyronestv gudge on twitter we have a tuffey replacement lined up. Aswell as a new striker.

So that's 2 down 5/6 to go

it says that we have a GK lined up but only that we want a striker following Tades departure

Well whatever it says it's a start

Andy Halliday has been pushed down the pecking order a bit at Middlesbrough. Maybe be worth our while to get him on loan?

I think I read somewhere (maybe on cto) that the management were looking at the Welsh leagues. This was a few weeks back.

Anyone know alot about the welsh leagues? Only team i've really heard of is Port Talbot

I remember Cwmbran Town playing Celtic when they had Barnes in charge. TNS used to be one of the better teams along with Bangor and Aberystwyth Town. It's basically SFL3/Highland League standard though from what I gather.

With my feelings about the management at the moment the keeper will be Smith from Dunfermline and the striker Barrowman

Barrowman has been told he can find a new club :wink:

Barrowman has being heavily linked with the gypos across the bridge

I've always said that there must be a couple of players in the Highland League that are worth looking at, Maybe not straight away, but with a bit of training and some bedding in, there must be some that could potentially become great players for the team.

I see in the Welsh league the Llanelli striker Rhys Griffiths (who is 6"3 by the way) has a goal record for Llanelli of 180 goals in 181 appearances! :ohmy: The standard might be poor, but he must be some finisher!

Edit - Apparently a few seasons back his league goal record was 30 goals in one season. The season after he scored 40 in the one season!

Edited by Renegade

With my feelings about the management at the moment the keeper will be Smith from Dunfermline and the striker Barrowman

Barrowman has been told he can find a new club :wink:

Barrowman has being heavily linked with the gypos across the bridge

So they'd take him back after leaving them twice? Must be desperate.

Newport play in English leagues. They were a reasonably large club until they went bust a while ago and started again. The Blue Square leagues are pretty much our standard for signing players now. Sadly we will sign them on 1 year deals and be In the same position next year.