FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Newport have a few decent players, I've seen them a couple of times this season when I've been home visiting family, most recently in the FA Trophy final at Wembley. The standard of the Conference is decent enough. Not quite sure why people are knocking the standard, when there's folk on here who rated Tade!!

Incidentally, Eric Odhiambo's brother, Eddie, was playing for County a couple of years back...and I notice he's now a free agent!

Whatever happened to Luke Denson from Colwyn Bay after his trial in May - was he given an offer or a 'no thanks'?

Ive heard a few other names that were up on trial with us as well as Denson at the tail end of the season but there has been no word of contract offers for any of them yet.

I would imagine Terry (or whoever is conducting the transfer dealings) would have been waiting for the contract deadline we set to pass. There would be a clearer picture of who was staying/going after that date. Also i'm sure i read somewhere that Terry is on holiday so its possible that we wont see any deals concluded until he is back

I notice Niall McGinn has been let go by septic.

A player looking to reboot his career why not at ict as a Hayes replacement?

The usual question of wages etc. but if he's wanting to take a step back to make 2 forward and he has the opportunity to come here. Why not?

• 2 weeks later...

I see Simon Mensing's been released by Hamilton. Always looked solid whenever I've seen him play and can cover quite a few positions.

Keeper-wise Celtic have released Dominic Cervi. A big guy and maybe good enough to be back-up to Esson.

Edited by Renegade

I see Simon Mensing's been released by Hamilton. Always looked solid whenever I've seen him play and can cover quite a few positions.

Keeper-wise Celtic have released Dominic Cervi. A big guy and maybe good enough to be back-up to Esson.

I always rated Mensing, dont know why exactly, he wasnt exactly a gifted footballer. Maybe it was his no-nonsense approach to football and physical approach

His expereince would be appreciated as well as the fact he can play centre back and in centre midfield. Id be quite happy to have Mensing.

Seen Cervi before, didnt rate him. Handlings dodgy and his kicking was atrocious.

I wonder if Gary Glen was one of the 7?

Hope not. He was one when I saw being released I thought we could have a chance of signing and a player that could do a job for us - young with potential too. Hopefully TB has better options available to him.

Zander Diamond's maybe someone worth looking at. Experienced, but never really fulfilled his potential. Could do a Darren Dods and come good if at a club like this one.

Just bumped into TheMachine this morning at Costco

Guest Mahonio

I see that Mark Stewart of Bradford has been released, he is a former Falkirk Striker who also had a loan spell at Hamilton last season, do you reckon he'd be a good signing guys?

Steve Hislop was available till yesterday. Sadly we're too late..........he signed for the mighty Bo'ness United.

Thanks for the heads up Alex. I look forward to his baffled looks as the cry of 'duckman' rings out at a ground near me this season :lol: :lol: :lol: