FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Panic button pushed

Doofer

I'm being mischievious here...but I really don't understand the ICT fans obsession with the past and the eternal assuming their ducklings are everybody else's swans.

Obsession with the past? Because we would take Blackie back? A man who's just picked up a Cup winners medal?

You must be Dougal at the wind up.

Nope...I'm just somebody who didn't support either Thistle or Caley before the amalgamation,...and supported my own local HL team for most of my life. I'm out of the Inverness loop, and always have been. On moving out of my home area and up to Caithness, I have chosen the teams I support., bearing in mind I hope I'm not up here till I die.

All I meant with that comment was that, from that article, his options currently appear limited.....and the ducklings/swans remark was mostly aimed at I believe blackie will be on everyone's wish list in Scotland this summer with the exception to Celtic. I can see him going to rangers if everything works out for them or a fairly decent English team, lower championship or high league 1.

I'd be delighted if Ian Black could do a job for us and could be signed....but I'd not be keen if the only reason for signing him again was because he had picked up a Cup winners medal, given he was released not that long after.....and once left ICT to better himself so his loyalty is suspect.

Edited by Oddquine

One things for sure we are certainly in a dark place at this present moment, I'm going to sound like a happy clapper here but I think it's too early to press the panic button, yes I'm worried but not panicking yet

We really have to wait and see what new players come in over the next eight weeks, by my reckoning we need at least seven new faces

The pressure is on Terry to deliver this coming season and he needs to show us the fans a big improvement by Xmas because if not I think he will find himself going south on the A9

The situation reminds me of Custers last stand at the battle of the little bighorn, for terrys sake I hope it has a better outcome

Dougal

• Agree 4

One things for sure we are certainly in a dark place at this present moment, I'm going to sound like a happy clapper here but I think it's too early to press the panic button, yes I'm worried but not panicking yet

We really have to wait and see what new players come in over the next eight weeks, by my reckoning we need at least seven new faces

The pressure is on Terry to deliver this coming season and he needs to show us the fans a big improvement by Xmas because if not I think he will find himself going south on the A9

The situation reminds me of Custers last stand at the battle of the little bighorn, for terrys sake I hope it has a better outcome

Dougal

Lets hope that the Black Hills are not the feckin Black Isle then and Tokely isnt Crazy Horse !! There are actually quite a few similarities between Butcher and Custer as the latter was described as "a media type personality", charismatic and flambouyant but was criticised by many of his generals for being aloof, tactically questioned, especially in regard to defensive actions.

• Agree 1

Oh but we are in a position to sign the Ian Black's of this world, just you wait and see

Wait and see what exactly?

Courier article of 8th June? Though the position would depend on his value of his worth, ICT's abiity, or even willingness to pay it........and whether anybody else wants him.

I believe blackie will be on everyone's wish list in Scotland this summer with the exception to Celtic. I can see him going to rangers if everything works out for them or a fairly decent English team, lower championship or high league 1.

Wasn't on Heart's though, was he? Given the Courier article, doesn't look as if he has had many decent offers, else he'd not have been saying he'd consider any offer made to him by the club who couldn't afford Tokely.

I'm being mischievious here...but I really don't understand the ICT fans obsession with the past and the eternal assuming their ducklings are everybody else's swans.

Do you even know why he was released from Hearts? His wage demands were too much for them to afford so he was released. He is one of the best midfielders outwith the OF in the SPL so why wouldn't everyone fancy having him in their team. You love arguing for absolutely nothing....Do you even know who Ian Black is?

• Agree 2

Oh but we are in a position to sign the Ian Black's of this world, just you wait and see

Wait and see what exactly?

Courier article of 8th June? Though the position would depend on his value of his worth, ICT's abiity, or even willingness to pay it........and whether anybody else wants him.

I believe blackie will be on everyone's wish list in Scotland this summer with the exception to Celtic. I can see him going to rangers if everything works out for them or a fairly decent English team, lower championship or high league 1.

Wasn't on Heart's though, was he? Given the Courier article, doesn't look as if he has had many decent offers, else he'd not have been saying he'd consider any offer made to him by the club who couldn't afford Tokely.

Do you even know why he was released from Hearts? His wage demands were too much for them to afford so he was released. He is one of the best midfielders outwith the OF in the SPL so why wouldn't everyone fancy having him in their team. You love arguing for absolutely nothing....Do you even know who Ian Black is?

Probably 'never seen him play' IMO.

• Agree 1

Dougal

I just 'liked' a Dougal post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe it was because I remembered the old joke about Custer's last words :lol:

Mantis ..you have come out of the woodwork and made us all come alive. Goodness, it's long past your awakening from Hibernation time. Must be the cold Spring--certainly is cold here in Western Canada Imagien? Putting the heating on in B.C. in June? Incredible.

As for Gen. George Custer he was also rash and a glory hunter which were the reasons that he got involved with the Injuns at the Battle of the Little Bighorn and lost BIG. And he wasn't HORNY afterwards because he was dead.! And so were all his small troop of cavalry. Oh My! Vainglory will do that to a young man. 2000 injuns versus about 100 to maybe 150 cavalry. Its CALVARY ahead for you in the future, George, NOT cavalry. Pity, eh Charles, that he made his name in the American Civil war and then lost it so hastily in Montana. --or was it Idaho . Och who cares? :love02:

Comparing Terry to George does have some similarities but at least Terry the Titan has another opportunity to come good.

Whether Terry has toned down his outbursts and bull in a china shop approach we won't find out quite yet but the situation he now faces is rather bleak, chums.

He had better be very selective with this player choices and if we give him the beneft of the doubt maybe he can unearth some good-'uns .

Panic Button--press it? Why? The situation has been obvious for months. It's more a question now of just waiting for the inevitable, methinks. :ponder:

• Agree 1

Mantis ..you have come out of the woodwork and made us all come alive. Goodness, it's long past your awakening from Hibernation time. Must be the cold Spring--certainly is cold here in Western Canada Imagien? Putting the heating on in B.C. in June? Incredible.

***off-topic***

Aye Scarlet I realise the forum has been missing my rapier wit for a while. I got a detached retina at the New Year and have been in hospital 3 times. Finally 6 months later I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel(!). For a time in the winter there it was really depressing in the house all day and nothing to do but worry and Mrs Mantis away out working. I wouldnae wish that on anybody, even Neil Lennon.

BTW I have had separate visits to East and West Canada and I would rather live there than the US, but I'd rather live in Scotland than anywhere else. Keep trying though!

Obsession with the past? Because we would take Blackie back? A man who's just picked up a Cup winners medal?

You must be Dougal at the wind up.

Nope...I'm just somebody who didn't support either Thistle or Caley before the amalgamation,...and supported my own local HL team for most of my life. I'm out of the Inverness loop, and always have been. On moving out of my home area and up to Caithness, I have chosen the teams I support., bearing in mind I hope I'm not up here till I die.

All I meant with that comment was that, from that article, his options currently appear limited.....and the ducklings/swans remark was mostly aimed at I believe blackie will be on everyone's wish list in Scotland this summer with the exception to Celtic. I can see him going to rangers if everything works out for them or a fairly decent English team, lower championship or high league 1.

I'd be delighted if Ian Black could do a job for us and could be signed....but I'd not be keen if the only reason for signing him again was because he had picked up a Cup winners medal, given he was released not that long after.....and once left ICT to better himself so his loyalty is suspect.

He signed a pre contract with his boyhood club, who are also a far bigger club than ICT. It's hardly a sign of suspect loyalty. It's pretty self explanitory. I dont know who wouldn't make that move given the choice. Add to the fact he had a terrible relationship with his gaffer (Brewster) at the time I'd have been baffled moreso had he stayed.

• Agree 1

Mantis,

Very sorry to hear of your detached retina. Over he past three years I have had 4 eye injections, laser bolts into both eyes, a vitrectomy (removal of tissue from the retina) and recently a cataract operation where they remove your lens and slip in a new foldined one made of polypropelene or something and then it opens up like a flower in spring inside yer eye. Amazing to watch under local anaesthetic--some guys see rainbows .Me? I was too busy trying to get my 199 blood pressure down. Ha Ha!

So I hope that all that stuff is over and done with but if your retina problem is fixed, your OCT scans look good and you keep your IOC in order you should be fine, deo volente.

Send me a P.M if you like..I know what that depression thing is about too --that hit me at the beginning but not now. You just get used to all the stuff and just accept your fate. No wonder you weren't posting on here!

SP - isnt it strange how chinese whispers develop - I was reliably informed athat Mantis had an attached ******, that you had 4 STD injections and bolts attached to yoer neck, a vasectomy and recently a lobotomy operation. And if the depression comes back then you now who to call.

• Agree 2

Oh and IHE, me boy,..many a word spoken in jest.

Auld Scar Baby did have a vasectomy and the Doctor a lonnnnng time ago. And the fella who did it was a Chinese man who did not say ..."cough" when he removed his pencil from his top pocket. And I was thinking ..."OMG, what's he going to do with that then?"

:lol: :lol: