FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Shiels bumping his gums..

Libero

It's the principle guys...he'd still have to do a lot of trimming to get down to anything like what Killie will do in a season.

Well if you're quoting mileages down to one decimal place it is assummed you will be 100% correct. If it turns out you are literally miles off then it makes your letter look a bit silly.

Jesus wept....are ICT fans born with the whining and carping gene ?

Google maps, stadium post code to post code and back, club 12 has been excluded as we dont know where it is based.

Visiting 10 stadiums and back we will cover approx 2794 miles.

In comparison hard done by Kilmarnock will have to endure an agonizing 1926 miles, to the same grounds.

Killy will have the luxury of using motorways for the majority of journeys, and will have to endure single carriageways for 374 miles, compared to our 1644 miles (rough approximation)

Poor Killy I didnt realize they had it so bad.

Google maps, stadium post code to post code and back, club 12 has been excluded as we dont know where it is based.

Visiting 10 stadiums and back we will cover approx 2794 miles.

In comparison hard done by Kilmarnock will have to endure an agonizing 1926 miles, to the same grounds.

Killy will have the luxury of using motorways for the majority of journeys, and will have to endure single carriageways for 374 miles, compared to our 1644 miles (rough approximation)

Poor Killy I didnt realize they had it so bad.

Strangely enough I just did the same thing for the guy who does the SPL Stats Twitter page (who is also a Killie fan).

I found that, based on the distance between grounds and the number of times each team will travel up until the split, ICT will cover 4122 miles, Ross County 3882 miles, Aberdeen 3666 and Killie 3241 miles. The club who will travel the least, up until the split, is Hearts who only have to travel 2084 miles.

ICT will travel an average of 294 miles to each away game, Ross County will cover an average of 277 miles, Aberdeen 244 miles, Kilmarnock 203 miles. Hearts and Saint Johnstone will travel an average of 139 and 146 miles respectively.

ICT will actually play two less games away from home compared to Kilmarnock who play 16.

nerd.gif

Reading the thread now and loving it. Do West-Coasters have a collective brain with which to bless themselves?

Almost tempted to join the forum to join in.....I can do irrational with the best of them.......and the best of them are pretty good.

Reading the thread now and loving it. Do West-Coasters have a collective brain with which to bless themselves?

Almost tempted to join the forum to join in.....I can do irrational with the best of them.......and the best of them are pretty good.

They have a collective brain my dear.............its called the Lodge.........and the initiation 'ride the goat' is all about taking a good kicking.

Kenny Sheils should try living in Oz, or managing here. Perth Glory to Newcastle Jets is a touch further for one and people often commute 3-4 hour round trips to work. It's not that big a deal here. 8 hour road trips are fairly short ones.

Here is a graph showing the total miles traveled per club based on the fixtures up until the split:

post-19-0-61848200-1340695778_thumb.png

And one of the average miles traveled to an away game by each club:

post-19-0-42024000-1340695816_thumb.png

Must learn how to spell traveled...

• Agree 1

Given that County and ICT have to travel to each other plus to the same ten other venues, how come County's average per game is slightly less than ICT's despite County having to travel about 15 miles to get to the same access point (in effect the Kessock Bridge roundabout) to the south and east as ICT who in effect have to go zero miles to reach it?

Or have I missed something in the numerical basis of this claculation?

Given that County and ICT have to travel to each other plus to the same ten other venues, how come County's average per game is slightly less than ICT's despite County having to travel about 15 miles to get to the same access point (in effect the Kessock Bridge roundabout) to the south and east as ICT who in effect have to go zero miles to reach it?

Simple answer....."The Split", which means we won't be making identical journeys.

As Caley D says the distances travelled by the teams are not identical due to the different fixtures each will play. The numbers calculated are simply based on the fixtures up until the split. Whilst Ross County are further away from most grounds than ICT, their fixtures appear to be against teams that are closer to them. For example, they may be playing Saint Johnstone a couple of times away from home whilst we play Killie which is a longer journey overall.

Bumping his gums now about the Rangers situation ........

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4394460/Gers-crisis-will-wind-up-costing-this-team-1m.html

"Kilmarnock will suffer the most for Rangers not being in the league. We will only have one guaranteed Old Firm gate next season as we were down to play Rangers twice at home...... "

We are different in that we carry debt. Other clubs of a similar size like St Johnstone and St Mirren don’t carry debt, so this will have a bigger impact on us."

So it is St Johnstone and St Mirren's fault that you cant manage your own finances ??? Jealousy much ?

• Agree 1

He said: “If Rangers go out of the league and Dundee or Dunfermline come in, there will be eight out of 12 teams from the east or north of the country.

Of course the league would be so much better if 8 out of 12 were from the south and west :ponder::tosser:

Simple answer....."The Split", which means we won't be making identical journeys.

Yes this was what i was originally unclear about. The statistics are based on the ACTUAL number of miles travelled in accordance with each team's allocated fixtures rather than the average number of miles from each team to each of the away venues so ICT's slightly bigger numbers are due to the fact that their "double aways" are to significantly more distant venues than County's.

I suppose you could argue both ways here - that by the way it's done here you are observing two variables at once (geographical location and H/A fixture allocation) or that you are examining the actual scenario for next season.

However across a number of seasons (no cheap shots about County's SPL longevity please!) where H/A inconsistencies iron out, County will in fact be the furthest travelled by a short head from ICT.

The graphs do show what you would expect - that (perhaps apart from St J) you would expect there to be very little among the most favoured 7 whereas with the other 4 (Killie, Dons, County, ICT) it's pretty much in line with how far from the Edinburgh - Glasgow axis you are.

I'd still be interested to see the figures for each club in an "average" SPL season - in other words the average distance from each club's ground to the ground of the other ten. What we have here is somewhat skewed by ther single season anomaly of differential home and away fixtures. The differences may be msall but still significant.

But possibly the abiding message of this topic is that it originates from newspaper reports and, Rangers apart, this is very much the silly season.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Think its quite simple Charles. We have two away trips to Motherwell before the split. County only one.

Bumping his gums now about the Rangers situation ........

We are different in that we carry debt. Other clubs of a similar size like St Johnstone and St Mirren don’t carry debt, so this will have a bigger impact on us."

Well if they have debt who's fault is that? And he also seems to be saying that there are too many team's not in his area?

"Kilmarnock will suffer the most for Rangers not being in the league. We will only have one guaranteed Old Firm gate next season as we were down to play Rangers twice at home...... "

forgot to add my other comment ..... Wont 4 or 5 other teams also be affected in exactly the same manner ??? and club 12 - whether Dundee or Dunfermline will have to travel further to Kilmarnock than Rangers would !!!!

This guy has absolute #s***forbrains !