FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Disastrous January sees Dods and Brown leave

Guest Bonzo

Remember you heard it first from the dog you love to hate.......

January will see the departure of Dods to an as yet unnamed club

and, even worse, Mark Brown to Falkirk.

Anyone agreeing yet that Christie should be shown the door?

Well your definitely right about one thing!

It would be the right move to get rid of Dods at the Christmas window because we will at least get some coin for him... and he has made it clear he wants to go

Brown... I've heard that he is likely to go to Hibs if anywhere, although he has been excellent for us I'm not overly worried because Fraser is capable of filling his boots and we should be able get some good money for him.

If these guys are moving it will to locate to the central belt and better money, I fail to see what CC could do about either

They may well both sign pre-contracts agreements with other clubs but I can't see them being sold

With both of them just having 6 months on there contracts I can't see us getting much money for either of them.

It would make just as much sense for the club to hold on to them till the summer when they can go for free.

January will see the departure of Dods to an as yet unnamed club

and, even worse, Mark Brown to Falkirk.

Anyone agreeing yet that Christie should be shown the door?

If Dods is allowed to leave then that can surely be a good bit of business, as according to you Bozo we are going down, and Dods track record shows that he remains at the club he gets relegated with...

...anyway back to reality , two of our defence being let go mid season, aye whatever...I think the current rumour of Tokely going to Peterhead due to 'internal pressures' holds a little more water , and even that may be a little far fetched.

So as you were , rumour merchant ...the end is nigh , blah blah, etc,etc

The word is indeed that Falkirk have made an offer (£30kish) for Mark Brown (though making an offer is different to a player actually leaving!).

I suspect though that Mark will be off sooner or later and Hibs are also in the fray and on the face of it are a more likely option (talk of a player possibly coming this way from Hibs as well!). We are of course lucky in that we have a ready made replacement for Mark.

Have to say though that none of this is directly down to CC!

Ahem!!!!

Well summed up Wyness and CaleyD. I think also that Bonzo makes a lot of good points, but they're made in such a patronising manner at times that I sometimes think it's Cyril the Squirrel in disguise  :010: :010: :010: :010: He'd also rival a Tim for paranoia. We all disagree from time to time but he thinks he alone gets shot down.

Maybe Bonzo would elaborate on when we're due to go down the pan- is it this season, or next, or when? And does he ever watch the team away? Motherwell fans were just as animated when we went and did to them what they did to us yesterday (but to the tune of 4-1). Many people have said that  away teams is what the SPL is all about these days. Keep the home fans quiet, then get them on the team's back, then nick the points.

What does 'disatrous' mean anyway?

Personally I see nothing disastrious about this. We know Dods is leaving and will bring in a replacement. We have excellent cover for Mark and, to be honest, it probably is time he moved on for his own development. He's been a fantastic servant to this club and will be missed but I for one would wish him well wherever he goes.