FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Todays press reporting that Terry enquired to Swindon about bringing Lee Cox back to the club on a loan deal but was told that a fee would be required to bring him back. That ended the interest

Lee Cox was a useful player but looking at the current squad there are far more important areas to strengthen before centre midfield. Left back, centre half and right wing/striker should be priorities IMO

Already a thread talking about cox

I stuck it in here because the press had confirmed contact had been made

The other thread was a poster saying he wouldnt mind Cox coming back

Mods - feel free to move/merge/delete as appropriate

Pitty, i quite fancied having him back here, thought letting him go in the first place was a bit short sighted. I suppose if he is dead keen on a move back here he could get his contract terminated. Couple of the other players that Swindon listed did that.

Pitty, i quite fancied having him back here, thought letting him go in the first place was a bit short sighted. I suppose if he is dead keen on a move back here he could get his contract terminated. Couple of the other players that Swindon listed did that.

I think getting cash for him was more a case of couldnt afford not to rather than short sighted

Who knows whats going on now

Lee Cox is understood to be discussing a move back to Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle after leaving their in January to join Swinodn Town.

The site looks like it is written by fans so whether they have a real trinket of transfer news or are just putting two and two together who knows. Have to say ive never heard of Swinodn Town either? :wink:

http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=286950

And it looks like Barry Nicholson has chosen Fleeteood instead of us !! :shrug02:

Are they not a fairly wealthy little club IHE?

You will never believe who the chairman of Fleetwood Town ( Andy Piley) is in negotiation with in regard to his new "dream" Director of Football and coach. This is not a rumour as I have proof.

NOPE - from yesterday's Lancashire Evening Post:

Published on Monday 9 July 2012 06:56

Preston North End look set to make inroads this week in their attempt to trim the squad.

t’s understood that Barry Nicholson, Keammar Daley and Darel Russell are nearing the Deepdale exit door.

Scottish midfielder Nicholson is on the radar of Football League new boys Fleetwood – a move to the Cod Army on the Fylde coast would see him link-up with ex-PNE striker Jon Parkin.

Andy Piley, local entrepreneur and Fleetwood Chairman has also announced that the club are in discussion with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in relation to the potential release of Terry Butcher to take over the role of Director of Football. Piley has also made it clear that a fellow unnamed entrepreneur from Inverness (pictured below) is a favourite to join Butcher as the Head Coach.

39952_1533769193756_5633687_n.jpg

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...