FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The further the rise the harder the fall.

Alex MacLeod

Way back in 1993 there was a big war in Inverness. A war that eventually culminated in a new club being formed, Some loved the idea. Some hated it. That was then. This is now. The new club, that eventually became, Inverness Caledonian thistle was an ambitious club. They strived to be in the top echelons of Scottish football. Within ten years of that bitter formation they achieved the goal

Another person in Scotland had an ambition to do something similar within five years. He bought Gretna and achieved his ambition within that time. They are now dead.

We are still here but struggling. Why are we struggling. Answer is simple. We aspired to be part of a corrupt and dishonest league. Aleague that had two teams controlling every aspect of it.

Does anyone ever wonder about the teams we used to beat to get where we are. The Montrose's and Elgin's. The Stenhousemuir's and Shire's.

I look at those teams every week of the season and wonder what makes them tick. For them its not the high hieghts of the Scottish system. For them its the love of the game. They tick along every season and make their following happy.

For us, and we are no bigger or better that any of the teams we beat to get where we are, we have become absorbed in the desire to help the twins of evil achieve success. That is the only reason the SPL was formed so having a desire to be in it is a desire to support the twins.

HL was fun. SFL was fun. Reaching the corrupt league has not been fun and now we are falling.

There is only one future in this game in Scotland now and thats for everyone to get together and demand change. Change that allow's teams from every part of the country to operate on a level playing field.

Everyone is worried about the effects of the demise of Rangers. The same would be the case if it was Celtic. Truth is if it was Kilmarnock or Motherwell or ICT nobody would give a damn.

We endeavoured to rise to the great hieghts of corruption. Now we are falling fast. There is a safety net though. Kick out the people at Hampden and stop bowing to the twins of evil.

• Agree 7

Does anyone ever wonder about the teams we used to beat to get where we are. The Montrose's and Elgin's. The Stenhousemuir's and Shire's.

I look at those teams every week of the season and wonder what makes them tick.

And how do they fund themselves? Through cost-cutting and only taking on players their couple of hundred supporters can afford? Nope. Reliant on funding from the SPL. Now that those SPL teams are struggling, why give their money away when they can't afford it?

For them its not the high hieghts of the Scottish system. For them its the love of the game. They tick along every season and make their following happy.

Exactly. It's not professional. They're amateur teams. When a club like Morton struggles for a season or two, they're then dropped into a part-time league with no away support. Trying to keep a full-time team and some sense of ambition can lead to financial disaster. Time to separate the amateurs and the professionals. Two leagues of between 14 and 16 is the way forward. Not this ridiculous situation where the juniors can get more support than the 'professionals'.

Edited by starchief

One ring to rule them all and one ring to find them

In the land of ******** where the shadows lie

We are living in the Shire folks

Edited by Laurence

One ring to rule them all and one ring to find them

In the land of ******** where the shadows lie

We are living in the Shire folks

Guess it's not such a good idea that I should admit to wearing a replica of The One Ring then!!!! :lol:

• Agree 1

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: From the heart but do we not also need to jettison specific local muppets as well !!

Totally agree. The Board seriously need to up their game, not sure if they can and I have said this on previous threads before. Too many people on the board for the wrong reasons.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: From the heart but do we not also need to jettison specific local muppets as well !!

Totally agree. The Board seriously need to up their game, not sure if they can and I have said this on previous threads before. Too many people on the board for the wrong reasons.

Are not people on the board because they invested in the club.

Many many years ago I was told it cost at least £100,000 to join the board at Burnley.

Are not people on the board because they invested in the club.

Many many years ago I was told it cost at least £100,000 to join the board at Burnley.

There used to be a condition attached to being a Director that you needed to hold a certain number of shares but that has long since been removed.