Leopards dont change their spots

bauhaus

It may be a few years since Nacho Novo kicked his way around the SPL, but the Spaniard had what we have been longing for, passion to play for his clubs, Dundee and Oldco, but some people dont ever move on.

Seemingly Nacho was in Scotland this Summer, with his family, and had to be taken into a shop with the doors locked to get him and his family away from abusive Celtic fans. Seemingly he has been getting tweets from Celtic fans threatening him and his family.

Oh so glad we dont live in a gold fish bowl

That's the OF for you. I remember being in Glasgow when Rangers won the league on the Sunday in Kilmarnock the season after last (I'd been to ICT v Hamilton on the Saturday) and Buchanan Street was like the Gaza Strip. Scary stuff, and it's not just neds, it's women, it's kids, it's old folks, you could actually sense the tension in the air. I even saw one guy running out of a KFC to throw things at a Rangers fans-filled bus!

Sadly that's Glasgow for you. The Old Firm have ruined that city.

It may be a few years since Nacho Novo kicked his way around the SPL, but the Spaniard had what we have been longing for, passion to play for his clubs, Dundee and Oldco, but some people dont ever move on.

Seemingly Nacho was in Scotland this Summer, with his family, and had to be taken into a shop with the doors locked to get him and his family away from abusive Celtic fans. Seemingly he has been getting tweets from Celtic fans threatening him and his family.

Oh so glad we dont live in a gold fish bowl

Always thought he was a deck as a rangers player but would always of lived someone like him in our team. But as it goes in Glasgow. The people are disgrace themselves. Makes me feel sorry for the majority of weegies that couldn't give a feck.

While there is no excuse for these actions from nothing more than mindless morons, however I am told that Novo does nothing to help himself with tweets trying to wind up these morons, not the cleverest of things to do from someone that has experienced the "goldfish bowl" that is Glasgow.

• Agree 1

Yes. both halves of the old old firm have a history of twitter abuse, but why would Celtic fans follow an ex Rangers player who has been gone for 3 seasons and played in 2 different countries since.

Saying all that, I would have him in our team anyday

Yes. both halves of the old old firm have a history of twitter abuse, but why would Celtic fans follow an ex Rangers player who has been gone for 3 seasons and played in 2 different countries since.

Because memories are long on both sides....hence the Orange Order and Hibernian marches in Scotland commemorating something that happened hundreds of years ago in Ireland, for Pete's sake!

That is the basic impetus for the virulent rivalry, which attached itself early on to the other virulent rivalry which can be Scottish Football like a parasitic tapeworm does to an intestine......and as we are finding, is as hard to cure as a tapeworm infestation. Virulent antipathy to well known players of one team by the supporters of the other team is simply a symptom of the tapeworm infestation attacking the brain, as it can if allowed to go unchecked.

Edited by Oddquine

I once read there was a longstanding thing between Novo and them. Something to do with Spanish = Catholic = Celtic minded :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But he decided to sign for the other lot and they took it baaaad. Maybe he indulged in a bit of badge-kissing or something.