FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New deals offered

cal234ey

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-offer-stars-new-deals-1424453

According to this we have offered 2 year deals to Andrew Shinne, Graeme Shinnie and Josh Meekings as well as trying to extend Roberts' loan. Great to see the club acting much earlier than normal to try and secure key players way before another club can pick them up on a pre-contract. Also good to see we are offering these guys 2 year deals. Well done ICT.

• Agree 5

Excellent, lets hope these guys see what is happening around them and decide to sign and stay for a few years - afterall TB took a risk to sign them and staying will return the loyalty as all of them can and will be destined for bigger things in the future.

Great news! Glad to see the club are taking the initiative to get this sorted asap. All 3 lads have had great seasons so far and are worthy of it. 2 year deals are good sign of intent as well...fingers crossed they will sign.

Great news and shows some forward thinking, I said at the end of last season that this one would define TB as a manager and whether his reign would continue and finally we can see the rewards of everyones hard work as it was hairy for a wee while back there.

It shows that the board are buying into his philosophy as I am sure they have been instrumental in the past with regards to what they can and can't offer him as a budget and by offering two year deals it gives us a great back bone to continue working with as opposed to uncertainty esepcially with the squad.

It will be good for the boys to have the stability and for TB and MM to know who they have available to them without the worry of losing them on free transfers, it also means should the vultures start looming as inevitably they will we can actually demand good money from them rather than have them wait in the sidelines to pounce for nothing.

Yes we have others that we need to secure on deals but I am sure it will come over time, if the boys sign extensions I am sure it'll spur on the rest to stay as well.

• Agree 2

Unfortunately money talks. Will be difficult to secure our top players and I am not looking forward to the January sales.

You're right tm4tj. Much as I'd like to see our lads commit themselves for another two years, I'd be surprised if many of them do. The opportunity for some of them to jump from £1500 a week (I'm guessing) to £5k or more a week will be too big a temptation, and frankly, I wouldn't blame them.

I feel ICT will always be the sort of club where we have to rebuild every year. At least this time Terry seems to have got it right so I for one am happy just to enjoy the moment.

The bottom line though is that we are trying to secure them - and not on diddly contracts - and we are putting the intent out to the public domain. Wonder if Muirfield Mills and Orion could come together on this one - and also "advertise" the fact. To see this club coming together off the park would be just as heartening as seeing it on the park.

I think the difference this year is that we are in a strong position in the league, and playing very well to boot.

The past few seasons we havent been in that position, instead being at, or near, the bottom of the league. With the threat of relegation, we couldnt tie big earners to long contracts with that threat.

We have a well-gelled squad just now, I just hope we keep all or most of it at least.