FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brora Rangers FC home for the elderly ex-ICT

PullMyFinger

Heard a rumour about Tokely and Munro getting signed up by Brora with regular jobs too.

There are six of the current squad of nineteen that have previously been on our books.

Is this Brora preparing for a push into the SFL post reconstruction?

http://www.brorarangers.co.uk/playersponsors.asp

Heard a rumour about Tokely and Munro getting signed up by Brora with regular jobs too.

This one has been doing the rounds for a good few weeks, but it wouldn't surprise me given all the resources they seem to have. It would however contradict this statement in the Zander article - "Everyone knows the intentions of Brora, we are trying to build a quality young squad and a squad that will be here for years and years"

Make that 7 from a squad of 20, signed Zander as well now. :amazed:

http://www.brorarangers.co.uk/default.asp

Make that 9 I think .....

Russell Duncan, Dale Gillespie, Stuart Golabek, Andrew Greig, Richie Hart, Richard Hastings, David Hind, Ally Ridgers, Zander Sutherland

They need a striker in there... Dennis Wyness anyone?  Paul Ritchie is currently manager of Lochee Utd too and not doing that badly, get him in as manager!

Crazy to think 6 months ago fans on here were citing that the club would fall apart when Rossco left and now there is talk of him and Granty dropping out of professional football. While I think that they have shown inconsistency in the SPL this year, and perhaps strugleto compete at this level but certainly think they would have more to offer at SPL level without having to go HL......yet.

• Agree 1

Crazy to think 6 months ago fans on here were citing that the club would fall apart when Rossco left and now there is talk of him and Granty dropping out of professional football. While I think that they have shown inconsistency in the SPL this year, and perhaps strugleto compete at this level but certainly think they would have more to offer at SPL level without having to go HL......yet.

Russell Duncan has only agreed to play 2-3 games for them, he still has a lot more to offer in higher leagues IMO.

Suppose it all depends on what they want to do with their lives. Assuming they all get other jobs in the area and are still getting paid to play then the HL is as good as any other league. Not every footballer wants to get into coaching though those who do can also start at HL level and step up from there. I'd imagine that's the way Rossco is likely to go.

Make that 7 from a squad of 20, signed Zander as well now. :amazed:

http://www.brorarangers.co.uk/default.asp

Make that 9 I think .....

Russell Duncan, Dale Gillespie, Stuart Golabek, Andrew Greig, Richie Hart, Richard Hastings, David Hind, Ally Ridgers, Zander Sutherland

Did Dale or David ever feature in the first team? Can't say I remember them. Anyway 9 from 20, ICT wannabees!  :smile:

David Hind made 7 appearances: 2 league starts, 3 as sub, 1 cup start, 1 as sub. listed as a sub a further 13 times, 12 in league, once in cup. no goals scored.

Dale Gillespie didnt make a first team appearance but he was officially a first team squad member and I know he was listed on the subs bench 12 times up to the end of the 08/09 season. not sure about his last season (09/10) would have to look that up, but don't have the time right now.

This is where an ICT wiki would help. :smile:

David Hind made 7 appearances: 2 league starts, 3 as sub, 1 cup start, 1 as sub. listed as a sub a further 13 times, 12 in league, once in cup. no goals scored.

Dale Gillespie didnt make a first team appearance but he was officially a first team squad member and I know he was listed on the subs bench 12 times up to the end of the 08/09 season. not sure about his last season (09/10) would have to look that up, but don't have the time right now.

From Jan 09 he was at Elgin. Can't remember if that was a loan though

Who needs a wiki when we've got you guys? Thanks for that. :smile:

That's quite a team of fit young fellas and there is a lot of experience there for a lowly Highland outfit.

The impression left with me is that the team owners or sponsors have ambitions of a higher nature.

Probably triggerd by ICT's entry into the SPL and then followed by Ross County' success.

In short Highland Footie may be on the brink of an explosion.

''Kaboom" --  here we come. :crazy:  Imagine Celtic having to travel up to Brora--Do you think taht their management will have heardf the :sad: name?

Can you imagine the whinging from the central belt if teams had to travel to Brora twice a season.

And what about the revolution up at Wick Academy ?

It takes us 2 and a half to 3 hours to get down to games, I suppose teams could avoid the Berriedale Braes by flying into Wick John O'Groats airport though  :tongueincheek:

Russell Duncan has only agreed to play 2-3 games for them, he still has a lot more to offer in higher leagues IMO.

Maybe I'm picking this up wrong, but are you suggesting that HFL teams can't compete with SFL teams?

No i'm saying he's a player that can play at a better level than HL!

Maybe I'm picking this up wrong, but are you suggesting that HFL teams can't compete with SFL teams?

No i'm saying he's a player that can play at a better level than HL!

• 3 weeks later...