FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are we scared of this profile

tm4tj

I just wondered if we are running scared of this new found fame that we have immersed ourselves in. We are a few games short of our greatest ever achievements and the forum is not so much aghast that we could be the second best team in Scotland, but more concerned with the dangerous exploits of our country bumpkin neighbours from behind the caravan dwellers suburbs.

Personally, I, (stupid thing to say), believe we need to look upwards, and let the rest take care of themselves.

• Agree 1

There's a whole "let's not get excited incase we jinx it and it all goes wrong" thing that's a bit annoying.

Preview went up on the official site this evening and people were all over it because it dared suggest that we should be winning the game....wtf!!!

We are REALLY bad at talking ourselves up.  Don't think it's an ICT thing, or an ICT fans thing...more of a Highlands thing...but we need to get over it and enjoy what we've achieved and could potentially achieve.

I said it long ago now but anybody worrying about the league table or worse taking any pride in our current position, before the end of the season, has their eye well off the ball.

Nevermind our non existent 'profile' or the japseye ******** from Dingwall. We have to concentrate on every game one at a time now, as we should've done months ago when people on here started using the term miraculous to describe sitting 8 or 9 points above 11th place, being second was irrelevant in such a tight league.

The miraculous call sadly looks as though it filtered into earshot of the playing staff and coaches over the winter break but we're still within touching distance somehow. There are 9 games left and if we win all 9 then we will be in 2nd place, thats the outlook we need to have, 9 cup finals.

Saturday evening on the 18th of May is when the league table matters.

Edited by clacher_holiday2
  • Agree 1

Clacher, you're talking about the team....and you are right, that is how they should be approaching it.

Fans, however, should be shouting from the rooftops about how well we are doing....if we can't do that, then what's the point of it all!!!

• Agree 2

Well I wrote that preview and I stand by it. With all due respect to dundee, we've beaten them 4-1. twice. they are bottom of the SPL and we are third. By any logic, that means we have a right to suppose they should win this one. Just saying.

:laugh:

Have they given you poetic licence on the offishul site :shrug: seems a bit unofficial if you ask me, I'll be looking for a report off you by 19:00 Saturday night; cheers :drinking06:

I think it's the so close you can almost taste it kinda thing! I admit I don't want to jinx it. Just enjoying the journey this season which appears to be taking is places we only dreamt of being. I do wonder if the cup sem disapointment is having a bearing on fans hopes or how they talk about them.

As for them OTB I really don't care. If our team do their job well they're irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

:laugh:

Have they given you poetic licence on the offishul site :shrug: seems a bit unofficial if you ask me, I'll be looking for a report off you by 19:00 Saturday night; cheers :drinking06:

More certified than licenced I think manfer. No McGonagall or anything - but I'll no be back in the sneck by 19:00, never mind reporting.

Would just like to remind everyone that we havent won anything yet and today is a sure reminder of that! Il sing to the heavens about how great we are IF we get top 6 and IF we get into europe. Not before! Never count your chickens before they hatch!

I hope all this BS about getting passports out will stop from now till we have achieved our objective. We have to do what county have been doing since january and knuckle down, work hard and give the boys full 100% support. It will be even sweeter celebrating once we have actually achieved something!

I saw a comment on the feeder club's "official" Facebook page which should be enough to spur our team on to victory this Saturday. You have to laugh at them.

They don't have an official Facebook (or Twitter) page.

Would just like to remind everyone that we havent won anything yet and today is a sure reminder of that! Il sing to the heavens about how great we are IF we get top 6 and IF we get into europe. Not before! Never count your chickens before they hatch!

I hope all this BS about getting passports out will stop from now till we have achieved our objective. We have to do what county have been doing since january and knuckle down, work hard and give the boys full 100% support. It will be even sweeter celebrating once we have actually achieved something!

Sorry, I support ICT so I can big them up, sing their praises and celebrate every bit of success throughout the season.

If we went by the logic in your post then we'd be as well only bothering to turn up for the game before the split and the final game of the season and/or sitting silently for the rest of the year....and it's that kind of mentality that makes it so hard to create a proper atmosphere at TCS at times.

Leave the whole "keeping your feet on the ground" thing to the team, it's what they're paid to do.

• Agree 1

In the same vein Don, if we went by your logic we would not be singing much as we have had no success yet.  If they are keeping their feet on the ground, then I for one would like them and the management to get their finger out and be a bit more adventurous.  God loves a trier.

In the same vein Don, if we went by your logic we would not be singing much as we have had no success yet.  If they are keeping their feet on the ground, then I for one would like them and the management to get their finger out and be a bit more adventurous.  God loves a trier.

I dunno....10 wins, 14 draws and 54 goals....I'd say there's plenty of success in that for us to be shouting about.  You can add in our sitting so high in the league for so long, our improved performance in the cups this season, being safe from relegation before the split and not having lost in 4 derby matches.

If fans aren't allowed to get a bit excited and carried away on the back of that....then as I said earlier in the thread.....what's the point?

One minute it's "Our fans are too quiet, they don't get excited enough or create enough atmosphere".  As soon as some people start doing that it's "Oh sit down and be quiet, we've achieved nothing yet".....give me a fecking break!!!!

I hear what you are saying D, but you slagged Forza for a mirror post, surely we are all pulling in the same direction, expectations and allegiances will always differ.

I was excited by our early rise to the pinnacle, but it appears we have put the brakes on whilst others are prepared to push the boat out a little further.

Sit down shut up.............shut up sit down.................that's an ongoing issue...................but I believe it's just the general demise and overpricing of the product, tough times.

I saw a comment on the feeder club's "official" Facebook page which should be enough to spur our team on to victory this Saturday. You have to laugh at them.
Aye they do.

I "slagged" nothing, I disagreed with a viewpoint and stated why.

I also disagree with the viewpoint that we have "put the breaks on".  Realistically, we were as high as we could expect to be and then had a bit of a bad spell.  Had we kept on banging our head against that wall and results kept going the same way then we'd all be slating the team/manager for not changing things.  The situation needed change, we adapted and in our last 4 games have managed to stop the rot....surely that's progress?

Today was perhaps a missed opportunity, but I'm satisfied that what could easily have been a loss on a day when we weren't playing as sharp as we know we can, was turned into a point.

If ICT fans need more than what has been delivered this season to get them excited about the club/team then we're as well packing it all in now.  This season is something special....regardless of how it ends....none of us has any right (as fans) to downplay what has and is being accomplished   Those who are sitting there, for whatever reason, refusing to get excited about it are only depriving themselves of the enjoyment they should be partaking in....and dragging others in to that along with them.

Aye they do.

Oh no they don't.

This season is something special....regardless of how it ends....none of us has any right (as fans) to downplay what has and is being accomplished.

100% agree with this CD. The only (present) disappointment for me is that we are in a bit of danger of this special season being overshadowed by our neighbours over the bridge. It niggles me that our teams outstanding season is potentially going to be bettered by them!

We need to step up just a little bit, to try to keep them "forever in our shadow".

• Agree 1

I suspect that many, like me are scared stiff of how this might all pan out, and people react to that in many different ways. Some will downplay the significance and then enjoy an explosion of relief (ooer...) when and IF things go our way. Some will just enjoy the journey and some (like me) will have bitten their fingernails to the elbow by the time the split and then the end of the season comes! But just nip back to August/ September's forum posts and look at the ambitions we had for this year of armageddon. We've fulfilled them all and more and even if we didn't win another game this season that would still be true. I know that expectations adjust as circumstances change but I tell you what, it's now more than ever that this team need a positive vibe around them to get them to the finishing post. They need us, the supporters, to get right behind the team - especially this week. Every ICT supporter worth his salt needs to bust a gut to be there on Saturday and to leave without a single vocal chord intact. We need to outnumber, outsing and outsupport our neighbours if we are to get where we want to be. We need drums, we need flags. Saturday will get us into the top six for the first time ever and after that, who knows. Maintain third and anything is possible without any real pressure. We need unconditional, unequivocal support all week. We need CTO, P&B and OTB to be flooded with our agenda, our team and we need everyone there on saturday. I'll be there, doing my best to crank it up in the local media with a Caley Thistle agenda right at the front. I confidently predict Caley D will stir the pot to boiling point on the day and that Terry and the team will be jumping for this one.

You never know, it might just work. :smile:

• Agree 7

I just wondered if we are running scared of this new found fame that we have immersed ourselves in. We are a few games short of our greatest ever achievements and the forum is not so much aghast that we could be the second best team in Scotland, but more concerned with the dangerous exploits of our country bumpkin neighbours from behind the caravan dwellers suburbs.

Personally, I, (stupid thing to say), believe we need to look upwards, and let the rest take care of themselves.

You mean becoming the second best team in Scotland as opposed to the second best team in the Highlands?