FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC U20s

TopSix

Struggling to make out faces if I'm being honest. Heard Chris and Jamie being shouted?

Sounds like they're St Mirren youth players. St Mirren aren't providing a live feed. Cheers anyways! I'm actually fairly confident it was icts strikers that they were shouting at.

Must of got the names wrong because I don't think we have a Jamie nor Chris in our U20

Finished 1-0, couple of chances in the first half but nothing too threatening, second half they passed the ball about well but with no end product. They struggled at times to get out of their own half without giving the ball away. Joe Gorman at right back looked decent as did Ali Sutherland.

I know young Stephen Rennie, who is only 15/16 started, probably on the left hand side of midfield

If that's the case, I am expecting the likes of Greenhalgh, Pepper, Polworth, Tremarco playing tonight.

The starting lineup was as follows: 

Nick Draper

Joe Gorman        Jason Brown        Hayden Hollinger        Calum Howarth

Struan McArthur         Matthew Cooper

Ally Sutherland                Jamie Wilson            Steven Rennie

Chris Blackett

5 x 16 year olds in starting line up.

• Agree 1

The starting lineup was as follows:

Nick Draper

Joe Gorman Jason Brown Hayden Hollinger Calum Howarth

Struan McArthur Matthew Cooper

Ally Sutherland Jamie Wilson Steven Rennie

Chris Blackett

5 x 16 year olds in starting line up.

Cheers for that pal, answers the Chris and Jamie mystery.

Fully expecting a rotated squad tonight now.

Edited by ICTRoughi

I know young Stephen Rennie, who is only 15/16 started, probably on the left hand side of midfield

If that's the case, I am expecting the likes of Greenhalgh, Pepper, Polworth, Tremarco playing tonight.

ICTRoughi - Pretty sure you are right with your assumption and these players will be involved v Hibs.

• Agree 1

Apologises for the late report but anyways I attended the game yesterday in Dingwall. It was a very even game and a game I thought we were very unlucky to lose. As the post above says the final result was 2-1 to Rangers.

Rangers first goal came from a silly foul from Nick Draper which lead to a penalty which was scored. The game started very high tempo which was majority of it came from Rangers. Game then started to settle down and we started to play some good football. Our goal came from Ali Sutherland, a throw in from wide left into the box which Ali Sutherland met with a volley to the back of the net - very nice goal. Ali Sutherland is someone I would definitely would like ICT to keep hold off. He plays like a very speedy Aaron Doran, definitely one for the future.

Nothing really noteworthy happened after the goal. After half time Conor Pepper got injured and got replaced by a young boy that I didn't really recognise (maybe Hayden Hollinger in previous game??) then after that it was same story of just attacks from both teams with no final finish. One thing I was a bit disappointed in was Ben Greenhalgh's yellow card. I think he was trying to claim a corner and then he clear as day shouts at the referee "What f***ing game are you watching referee?" Fair enough I understand that frustrations can get the better of you but it was a very silly thing to do.

Rangers finally found the breakthrough in the 70 something minute to which was a shot from outside the box and the Rangers player actually was surprised that he scored, he actually thought he was going to miss, so overall it was a bit of a disappointing performance from Nick Draper yesterday aswell as this and the penalty foul, he didn't catch the ball during a cross aswell. Personally I have always preferred Cammy MacKay and I would like to see him play.

After the second Rangers goal we kept plodding away but didn't really get much success and unfortunately missed out on a great point but wasn't meant to be.

• Agree 1

Next home game is a rearranged fixture with Hibernian on Thursday 27th of March at Highland Football Academy 2pm KO.

After all the excitement of tonight, just a reminder that the Under 20s are at 'Home' tomorrow at Highland Football Academy pitch behind the GES.

Full Time in Dingwall was 3-1 to Hibs. I felt that the game was pretty even despite the scoreline suggests.

We played with a fairly strong U20 side with Nick Ross, Danny Williams and Danny Devine coming into the side as 'senior' players.

Ryan Christie had a good game and generally making a nuiscence of himself for the Hibs defence in the hole behind the striker.

Liam Polworth was playing a holding role in Midfield and I thought he was our man of the match IMO. Getting the ball from deep and pushing the team forward. He got on the score sheet again today and it was an absolutely cool, well taken goal to equalise.

Adam Evans had a good game aswell despite not scoring. He held the ball up really well and out muscled a few of the Hibs defenders which was pleasing. Him and Billy up front in the final 30/20 mins of games may be worth a shout.

Nick Ross was drafted in and he didn't really do much if I am perfectly honest. He added width to the team which is fair enough but didn't really produce much today.

Danny Williams played in the centre of the mid and he had an okay game. He misplaced some of his passes and often left too much of a gap for Hibs players to utilise that space. I can't really be too critical of him because you could see he wasn't really comfortable in that position and wanted to be on the wings.

One player for Hibs that I was really impressed with is the boy Zoubir. He was one of the wingers for Hibs and just walked through our defence adding width to Hibs which is something we need in the first team and part of today's youth game.

I felt that the team were doing too much ball retention and they got punished in the later stages of the second half for Hibs to score their third.

Cammy MacKay was the goalkeeper today and he is probably my preferred choice for U20s and probably a back up to Dean Brill for next season. He had a good game. Made some good saves today but the second goal no keeper would have saved it and the third goal Hibs walked it in but at no fault of the keepers.

So all in all, I felt the U20s should have got a draw at least but silly defending costed them.

• Agree 2

Full Time in Dingwall was 3-1 to Hibs. I felt that the game was pretty even despite the scoreline suggests.

We played with a fairly strong U20 side with Nick Ross, Danny Williams and Danny Devine coming into the side as 'senior' players.

Ryan Christie had a good game and generally making a nuiscence of himself for the Hibs defence in the hole behind the striker.

Liam Polworth was playing a holding role in Midfield and I thought he was our man of the match IMO. Getting the ball from deep and pushing the team forward. He got on the score sheet again today and it was an absolutely cool, well taken goal to equalise.

Adam Evans had a good game aswell despite not scoring. He held the ball up really well and out muscled a few of the Hibs defenders which was pleasing. Him and Billy up front in the final 30/20 mins of games may be worth a shout.

Nick Ross was drafted in and he didn't really do much if I am perfectly honest. He added width to the team which is fair enough but didn't really produce much today.

Danny Williams played in the centre of the mid and he had an okay game. He misplaced some of his passes and often left too much of a gap for Hibs players to utilise that space. I can't really be too critical of him because you could see he wasn't really comfortable in that position and wanted to be on the wings.

One player for Hibs that I was really impressed with is the boy Zoubir. He was one of the wingers for Hibs and just walked through our defence adding width to Hibs which is something we need in the first team and part of today's youth game.

I felt that the team were doing too much ball retention and they got punished in the later stages of the second half for Hibs to score their third.

Cammy MacKay was the goalkeeper today and he is probably my preferred choice for U20s and probably a back up to Dean Brill for next season. He had a good game. Made some good saves today but the second goal no keeper would have saved it and the third goal Hibs walked it in but at no fault of the keepers.

So all in all, I felt the U20s should have got a draw at least but silly defending costed them.

too much ball retention......sound familiar????

too much ball retention......sound familiar????

There wasn't too much passing back to the keeper but I felt even with Nick Ross and Ali Sutherland in the team we were lacking width in the team and playing quite narrow in certain parts of the game.

• 2 weeks later...