FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

I think with Williams, Greenhalgh, Doran, Ross, Foran, Evans and Draper all signed up for next season, we won't be seeing or needing any more wingers for next season.

I suppose but with OTJ leaving we will defiantly need a new centre midfielder, unless it's just Foran and Draper, with Ross as the back up but that's not really his game, I think we need a new one so it will be like 12/13 where we had Draper and OTJ in the middle and then the four in front. Any ideas?

I think with Williams, Greenhalgh, Doran, Ross, Foran, Evans and Draper all signed up for next season, we won't be seeing or needing any more wingers for next season.

Agreed there

I was just looking at some reports on two of our new signings, Ben Greenhalgh and Danny Williams. Ben Grrengalgh looks set to be a great signing IMO, he's got skill, a bit of pace, good technical player, good dribbling and good at set pieces, especially corners and free kicks (we've been missing a good free kick taker for quite some time now but he seems to be able to get them up and over the wall which we've not had for a long time. I've read that he has scored quite a few free kicks). I haven't heard a lot about Danny Williams but he seems to be really highly rated and his manager at Chester FC seemed to be desperate to sign him permanently as he was on loan there from Kendal Town. These two seem to look really promising, mind you Ben Greenhalgh played with Inter Milan so that's a good sign, plus both of them are young. We have them on one year contracts so hopefully they will play well and it'll be another well done to Mr Marsella :D

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

Guest Mahonio

Squad for next season is beginning to take shape now with only a sub Goalie and a couple of Strikers needed plus however many players to make the squad up to 20-25.

I wouldn't have thought the club would want to let Billy go for any less if he has 2 years on his contract but it does sound like a believable and tempting price.  Also, Bournemouth might well be the sort of club to be interested having just won promotion to the championship.  But they are not without their financial problems and I would be surprised if they would want to pay that sort of money for a player who has had just the one good season.

Maybe with £500k in the bank we could afford Higdon's wages.

quite a lot of stuff on it but I think it may well be made up

No, that site is NEVER wrong!

18 May 2013 19:45:53

Billy Mckay from Inverness is joining Derby this Week! My mate is cousins with him!

23 Jan 2013 23:11:01

Newcastle United to sign Inverness's prolific striker Billy McKay in January for an estimated £1.5 million.

Edited by Yngwie

Billy Mckay from Inverness is joining Derby this Week! My mate is cousins with him!

Newcastle United to sign Inverness's prolific striker Billy McKay in January for an estimated £1.5 million.

Give Billy some credit, he could do much better than both  :tongueincheek:

Newcastle United to sign Inverness's prolific striker Billy McKay in January for an estimated £1.5 million. Seriously? Well if true then who will we sign?

Was reading a list of the players English Premier League teams have released. Notice Philip Roberts is a free agent. Worth a punt? Personally thought when he was here, he was a young lad that needs to learn a lot and personally think getting him out of London will be good for him.

Was reading a list of the players English Premier League teams have released. Notice Philip Roberts is a free agent. Worth a punt? Personally thought when he was here, he was a young lad that needs to learn a lot and personally think getting him out of London will be good for him.

No just absolutely no. Don't even talk about him

Over the course of the season his interest seemed to drop and even during the cup semi he failed to rise to the occasion, the penalty miss affected him I think. The way some fans turned on him he may not want to come back though, but after being booted from Arsenal this may be the wake up call that he isnt as good as he thinks, perhaps that was his problem with us he felt he always had something bigger and better to go back to?

I would take him back though if he was committed and I trust in TB to kick his arse when needed, although the club will know more about his attitude and whether they show interest will be an indication of what they think.

After a promising start he did certainly go off the boil somewhat. The penalty miss would affect anyone's confidence, especially one so young. I remember reading a stat - I doubted its authenticity (but it was true...I checked) - after his first 19 appearances for Inverness, Philip Roberts had never been on the losing side. Then he got dropped or injured which coincidentally coincided with the start of our post New Year indifferent form. People were quick to flag-up stats like that when comparing Esson to Reguero!