FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

Putting in Foran for OTJ would be the move I think, then trying to get a replacement for Foran's position.  Richie has done well as a defensive mid, considering he's always played as a striker or left-sided forward.  We could probably have an extra season or two out of him in that position and he has the footballing brain to excel in that post.

• Agree 1

Was at the County vs Celtic U20 match today and Steve Marsella and Duncan Shearer were in attendance. Celtic won the match 2-0 from goals from Atajic and Tony Watt. When Celtics U20 came to our place a couple weeks back was impressed with Atajic and same today. He is a striker that I thought would be worth a shout on loan for us. Tony Watt was good today, but think he would be out of our reach. Tom Rogic was a standout for the Celtic would be worth a loan if OTJ doesn't sign on.

Noticed Graham Carey is being released by St Mirren, not sure why he's always looked a really good player, can play midfield and left back and has a knack for screamers, might well be worth a punt. 

• Agree 1

Going by the interview last week with Butcher, he seems to suggests a big striker for McKay to feed off is one of the things he's after.  Rory Fallon would fit that mould but apparently he only goes to clubs God tells him to!

(No really, I'm not making that last part up!)

• Agree 1

Lyle Taylor at Falkirk would be worth a punt, 6 foot 2 and on the back of a prolific season at 1st Division level. 

When it comes to transfers in Terry we trust!

Lyle Taylor at Falkirk would be worth a punt, 6 foot 2 and on the back of a prolific season at 1st Division level. 

When it comes to transfers in Terry we trust!

Aberdeen bound I reckon. 

Apparently Michael Fraser has re-signed for County. Thank goodness for that!

Surprised at that, thought he would've been released.

Edited by ICTRoughi

I am reliably informed that we are talking to Will Grigg and George Bowerman from Walsall. Others on the radar are Sean Ward from Glentoran. But the one that may be the best of the lot is a potential loan deal for Chuba Akpom from Arsenal.

This would go with Renegade's post about Striker with religious side.

Also not heard anything of this but Sligo say they are fighting off interest from a Scottish club and that Liam Boyce of Cliftonville was supposed to turn up for a trial but said he couldn't make it as he was in the Highlands

I heard we had James Knowles over from Clifftonville for the trial match a couple of weeks ago. Ex-blackburn rovers and current Northern Irish U21. Cenrtral midfielder I think

Liam Boyce is ex-Werder Bremen

Guest Mahonio

I heard we had James Knowles over from Clifftonville for the trial match a couple of weeks ago. Ex-blackburn rovers and current Northern Irish U21. Cenrtral midfielder I think

Was beginning to wonder when we'd ken who was up for trial match.

IHE, I hope your right about Will Grigg and to who mentioned Akinfenwa, we have been linked with him in past so you never know.

As well as looking at lower league players from England maybe we should be looking at what County are doing and taking in European players on trial

Looking at the players County signed in January there is definitely a market there

Quite short sighted if we only look at players that ply their trade in the British isles

Dougal

Going by the interview last week with Butcher, he seems to suggests a big striker for McKay to feed off is one of the things he's after.  Rory Fallon would fit that mould but apparently he only goes to clubs God tells him to!

(No really, I'm not making that last part up!)

Leave him on whatever planet he is on.