FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Captain

DALNEIGHCALEY

OK - now that the thread confusion is out of the way, here is the inevitable (friendly) warning for this thread ......

This is the same as any other discussion thread over the years where legal proceedings were pending. Those who have been around more than 5 minutes know we need to tread a little carefully. For that reason I would ask for a common sense approach to your posts in this thread. Last thing we want to do is close the thread or exclude posters from it or the site.

It is fine to discuss the topic in general, or to have and express a personal opinion ... the news is in the public domain after all. However as legal proceedings appear to be pending, and there is mention of a report to the PF then we are extremely restricted in what can be published until the conclusion of this matter. This is not our choice, it is the law, and to protect the site, this thread will be closely monitored. I am no lawyer, but from past experience, I know we cannot discuss specifics of the case, we cannot name names (other than Foran) until or unless those names are already in the public domain, and we cannot use statements like "I heard ..." and then go on to print details that may be the presented in court. etc. that leaves both the poster and the site wide open for legal troubles none of us need.

As with previous threads of this nature, to fulfil our legal obligations (which is to remove any offending posts as quickly as is reasonable and practical to do so), it will be a zero tolerance policy to anything we feel crosses the line - or where our resident lawyer indicates it may do - and those posts will be removed from view.

If you have a post removed and you don't hear from us, it is likely we are being careful or your post was out of context when something else was removed. No warning or ban would have been issued in that case. In that instance, feel free to PM one of the mods or myself to find out the circumstances if you feel the need. If you do have a post removed and you do hear from us, the details will be in the PM you receive !!!

Richard Foran is 33 years old and has a wife and child.  Why's he out in the Nedhole that is Miami?!  

You don't hear of Gary Warren getting involved in such shenanigans!

Nonetheless, such antics won't be good for team spirit and all that stuff.

Edited by Renegade

Richard Foran is 33 years old and has a wife and child.  Why's he out in the Nedhole than is Miami?!  

You don't hear of Gary Warren getting involved in such shenanigans!

Nonetheless, such antics won't be good for team spirit and all that stuff.

Maybe as club captain he was keeping an eye on the younger players in a fatherly type way .

• Agree 2

Agreed.  He isn't some wee boy who's being led astray.

Also, I see the Record have described it as a "team bonding session".  Really?  By the sounds of things, these "bonding sessions" happen at least twice a week!

Edited by Renegade

I'm treading carefully here, but you may have noticed that the report doesn't mention how the incident started, it just says that Foran was "caught up in it" (ie - didn't necessarily start the disturbance, but it did involve him).  Thus it will remain to be seen if you're belief will remain in due course.

I intend to use Mr Foran as a role model for the fan bonding session at Charlton. I intend to get well and truly caught up in it but I doubt whether I will last till 3.30 in the morning. I am reliably informed that Richie is an accomplished car mechanic and that he was simply attempting to assist a stranded motorist.

How embarrassing imagine being in an Inverness night club while in your thirties

I'd strip him of his captaincy immediately till he finds a more suitable establishment to drink in with folk his own age

Dougal