FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket Sales

Kingsmills

To be fair to the club I think that they have done more this close season than in recent years to get folk along. I'd be interested to know how many posters on this site have a season ticket. Not to find a stick to beat them with but it might give an indication (from a representative sample) of what percentage ICT fans do have season tickets.

Edited by RiG

To be fair to the club I think that they have done more this close season than in recent years to get folk along. I'd be interested to know how many posters on this site have a season ticket. Not to find a stick to beat them with but it might give an indication (from a representative sample) of what percentage ICT fans do have season tickets.

What have the club done more this close season than recent years then?

The club with its performances and final league position last season alone should have increased season ticket sales, think its a bit off for some to blame the club for not doing enough

It's worrying that County will have more season ticket holders than us for the second year running but i very much doubt that it would effect Terry or the players on the park

Maybe a recruiting drive by Caleyjagsforever is a more apt suggestion

Dougal

Stick it on a POLL ?

The club with its performances and final league position last season alone should have increased season ticket sales, think its a bit off for some to blame the club for not doing enough

It's worrying that County will have more season ticket holders than us for the second year running but i very much doubt that it would effect Terry or the players on the park

Dougal

The renewal forms went out much earlier than previous seasons. There were the wee flyers / adverts about getting younger fans along with free tickets for some and encouraging parents to get their wee ones along instead of watching it on the TV. Maybe not all encompassing but better than recent seasons.

Regarding your point about our season ticket sales c.f. Count do you have any figures that support your statement? You have a tendency to make sweeping statements with little or not reference source.

• Agree 2

I tend to agree with RIG on this but think that the club could look at making the season ticket more of a package than just a ticket for football. This doesn't just apply to ICT as I think clubs have to do more to make the game on a Saturday more of an experience and greater fan/audience participation.

I will be the first to admit i don't know how we can do this or start to go about this but I still think the season ticket idea is worthy of some thought.

Agree about being a package and experience, but that costs money sadly. I know from going to Man City, they have big TV screens, live music, bars and food, the megastore and other things going on (obviously its a bigger complex/sports village type affair) - you can easily turn up before or hang round after and be entertained - but this costs money. Not sure what SPL clubs can do based on the limited fans & budgets.

Maybe start with something like pre-game radio type interviews. Rather than play occasional (bad) music, play some player or staff interviews (pre-recorded perhaps), discuss the game, club etc, discussion on the fixture and what else is happening in the SPL - 15-20mins before the game starts, gives fans a chance to hear whats going on at the club during the build up?

I agree that somethings cost money and will be a non starter in these difficult times. An example of this would be the installation of large TV screens in corners of the ground but unless we have a willing sponsor to do this.......... However, i was thinking about specific deals for season ticket holders or specific events just to try and make it more than a ticket just to watch football. This could be a free draw for a hospitality once a quarter or discounts on hospitality packages/exclisive to season ticket holder hospitality packages. Point I am trying to make is to make a season ticket more than just that to try and increase numbers and market the club more.

A season ticket is an annual pass for club owned sports facilities, gyms, pubs and youth clubs for some around Europe.

We wouldn't have to go that far but I couldn't see any downside in putting together a snapfax style book of offers for season ticket holders, would make sense for local traders as well as give an extra incentive to own a ticket and promote partnerships between everyone in the community.

• Agree 2

Dougal

That has to fall into the realms of biggest contradiction ever Dougal.

As for this whole question and topic responses all I see is the OP's initial point and a group of people taking the opportunity to slate the club in some way without any facts to support such. Has anyone officially stated ST sales are down?

• Agree 1

I find it hilarious the number of people who buy in to the Ross County PR/Hype, even though the wheels have been falling off that wagon for a longggg time.

Not for one second do I want ICT to operate the way they do in any aspect.  They talk the talk and spin a few good yarns, but the financials do not stack up....that's why the last sets of accounts showed that they had debts of £4.8 Million...and that'snot including the cost of the most recent infrastructure upgrades and re-laying the pitch (twice).

If someone from Ross County told me the sky was blue I wouldn't believe them and would have to go out and double check.

• Agree 5

Dougal

Please show the evidence to back this up.  Also last year, Uncle Roy bought season tickets and then re sold them. This way initial figures looked like there were a large amount of tickets sold.  No guarantee that the one he bought were then bought again.  This also happened with the hospitality.

Our sales are our sales.  They are what they are and I am certain they are where they were last year.  Our averages are the same as well.  For those that go, the footie is better than ever so just enjoy it and stop fecking moaning.

• Agree 3

County have always inflated their sales /crowds I remember a number of years ago I went with a mate to a County game against Raith Rovers (my Mate was a Raith Fan) and the crowd was given if I remember around 3500 an the Raith Fans started to laugh saying they would be lucky if there was 1500 in the ground so I would not worry about them and their inflated figures.

Stick with Caley and Call a spade a spade and County if they go on spending the way they are they will be next in administration

• Agree 1

A recruitment drive by CJT for what Dougal? We've thrown whatever weight we can behind any initiative that the Club has talked to us about and will continue to do so, but it is the club that sells season tickets, not CJT. As it stands, we have more members than ever who provide a mandate for doing whatever we can to maximise the exposure and uptake of season tickets to the benefit of the supporters and the club. If there's more that we should be doing, please tell me. Every season (it would seem) starts with the same dissatisfaction at the ST uptake and size of crowds in general, but I really think that you have to look at the wider community and question what reasons they have for not buying in. I have, and there are precious few common threads that appear to link reasons for non attendance. Yes there are still too many kids in OF jerseys. Yes there are still people who question the value of the "product" but it is what it is. I could spout stats all day on this, but the most important on is that our ST position is roughly static over our SPL/ SPFL history, as is our home attendance. It would seem that indicates a fairly stable market share that will improve when more kids filter upwards to become the ST holders of the future, and that's where any recruitment drive needs to bear fruit. It's a long game. At least (unlike others) our position is honest, transparent and open. Our numbers may not rise dramatically, but the quality of the support does, and that's something to major on.

• Agree 1

Dougal is a troll. I wouldn't get worked up by what they post. Post unsolicited rubbish to get a reaction.

A troll is a very polite name for him. Double size ignore button required for all his inane nonsense.

Edited by Govan Jaggie
  • Agree 1

Another article in today's P&J from Terry saying what else can they do to improve attendances. Goes along with most of the posts on this topic above. But here's a thing...

I'm a season ticket holder living in Elgin, come through with the Bairns to all home games. However, I have never once seen ICT promoting themselves in the local papers in Moray! ICT are our local Premiership team, only 30 odd miles away, but it would appear that any promotion of the club / season tickets is confined to the Inverness area. There's a large population as far as Buckie that have ICT as their nearest 'big' team, but nothing is being done to encourage people to come to a game, let alone buy season tickets.

I am not sure what all the club does as far as promotion goes in the Inverness area, but they need to think slightly bigger. I see more County tops around Elgin than Caley ones - and it pains me!!!

• Agree 3

I agree,

IMO it's all about selling the product, if your customers aren't coming you have to go and find them, however you do it.

TB says players are now making phone calls, what do you know, the words smelling and coffee come to mind!

I firmly believe our average gates should be higher, of that I am in no doubt.   

I think that poor Dougals reputation has blinded some to the positivity of his post. IMHO County are better at recruiting than us as they appear to "advertise" more outside of their catchment area as the Hellgin based ICT fan pointed out. We always appear to concentrate our efforts on the populated area of the city. I agree with Dougal that TB and the team can really have not done much more last season and the general "planning" has been considerably improved this season. I also feel that the recruitment drive has been much improved but perhaps a wee drive at advertising in local rags across the North would be an idea albeit yet another financial extra. County also appear to have more localised travel "clubs" where small numbers travel together and another "drive" - forgive the pun - would be to try and bring those numbers together and encourage sharing costs to travel to Sneck and beyond. Again CJT could be aiding such iniatives but not owning them.

Good post fer once Dougal.

• Agree 1

I agree with the Elgin guy,I live down the coast and drive the thirty odd miles up to matches,and have done since Div 3 days. Not all Moray football fans support the OF or Aberdeen,back then before Elgin joined SFL ,ICT were the local league club for me,did not fancy the extra run across the bridge!  I always manage to bring a few guys with me too, so if the football is good you never know more might come from this area.

• Agree 1

I think the club could be smarter in analysing their data, so who hasn't renewed is any ones guess.

Over the years I have paid for an adult relations ST on top of my own and I never get any literature from the club, a few years ago we moved seats, and my relation gets a letter more or less saying that she hasn't renewed and reminding her to do so, yet I wasn't contacted to renew, so the fact that we moved seats wasn't picked up. I later find out that  my relation was listed as the main person for our 2 seats this was to save on multiple renewal letters being sent out, which is perfectly understandable if you all live at the same address/ same surnames/ have a family season ticket etc,   yet  we have different addresses, different surnames and are both adults. So I nominate myself as the main person as I buy both tickets instead.

Recently my relation gets a letter saying that she hasn't renewed her ST  yet she is in the same seat again this season and the seat was paid for by the same person (me) as last year and the years before.

The club pulled out data in the recent letter and mentioned that she was at the County match ( county tickets bought from ICT) yet they haven't processed any of the above.

I have come to realise that the club think that they are losing fans when they haven't    whats also very important is that going by the above, if the club hone in on the responsible person  in a group, for example an adult and a group of  teenage children,   do the children get lost in the system and forgotten if they don't go to games any more and only the adult is targeted.

I would suggest  keeping in contact with ALL full paying fans.(unless requested not to do so)

Keeping tabs on all fans  and even if a 10 year old doesn't come back send a thank you letter for their support and encourage them to come back.

If someone moves seats log it. (they haven't left they have moved)

But 10 out of 10 for adding the County match to the Richie Foran  renewal letter that wasn't required,

• Agree 1

Oh My!

I see Dougal - bashing is still a popular sport on here. Nasty like. Not civil. NOT COOL.

If the poor lad doesn't have a thick skin by now then he soon will have. Gotta hand it to him though--he's a stickler and NOT a quitter. Funny how it's cool to target someone who gets kicked around a lot but rarely retaliates.

C'mon, let's all grow up and allow him to speak his mind.  As IHE says, we should listen to him and consider his words . And no, he is NOT a troll, anymore than the persons who accuse him of being one, are. That's abusive!

If you want to target someone have a go at Scarlet because even I sometimes think he is a moron. Except when he is asleep when he looks angelic and deep down inside I really loooooove my little Scar-baby. 

O.K back to the pipe and slippers.

Daddy Pimpernel.

P.S.

ICT  spent a huge amount of money on injuries last season and have had to cut the budget  right back this year. Advertising costs a lot of money to be effective-i.e. repeated several times a year, to be truly effective. We have a full roster with a large wage bill  and no appreciable increase in the support it seems. So, where is all the advertising expenses going  to come from I wonder?