FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket Sales

Kingsmills

Just popping in to see if dougal has been able to find those figures yet however I see that he still hasn't replied.

#Standard

Give the guy a break. He's probably sorting out his County season ticket for when we're playing away.

Still no figures to back up your sweeping statement earlier in the thread then dougal? I'm happy to be proved wrong for doubting you if you can actually substantiate one of your claims for a change.

#KidsSayNoToTrolls

Edited by RiG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dougal. I see you were online earlier but you still haven't been able to back up your latest factitious claim but no doubt you are busy getting the numbers together to substantiate your boasts. Look forward to your response soon.

#WeBeTrolling

I think if we're wanting to bring in more people more regularly, the match ticket prices have to be looked at again.  I know money's tight and whatnot, but some of the prices are a bit much IMO.  An adult ticket for the North Stand for tomorrow is £21, while a concession is £16.  Now that's a bit much.  A few weeks ago, I got a side-on view from the upper tier at Tannadice as a concession for £12, while it was £10 for the lower tier.  Now that's more like it.

If you want new or casual fans to pick up the ICT bug, you're going have to get them through the gates in the first place, and in the casual fans case, going much more than they are now.  I wonder though in some cases if the prices for matches are putting some people off.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

You're right about the adult prices being in line (still too much across the board IMO but never mind), but had a quick look there and quite a few SPFL clubs seem to have their concession prices around the £11 mark.  Now that's more like it.

I think the club are getting it about right.

They're not charging the prices they do just for the hell of it, they charge the prices they do because they need X amount of income from ticket sales to balance the books and those prices deliver that.

Reducing concession prices by a third isn't going to bring in a third more in terms of numbers...past ticket discounting offers have shown that...so if they reduce that price then they need to increase prices elsewhere to compensate....where do you do that?  

The club have already extended the Student category to all 16 to 25 year olds, and an under 16 need pay no more than £7....so when we talk about concessions, we're only really talking about Senior Citizens.  It would be sheer lunacy, IMO, to increase kids/younger persons prices to subsidise a decreased senior citizen ticket.

A Senior Citizen season ticket on 10 month payment plan was £184.60.....which works out at £9.72 per match.  Attend 12 games and you've (as good as) got your money back, attend 13 and you're making a saving on the matchday ticket price.  Numbers break down the same for the 16-25 category.

Season Tickets offer between 20% and 35% discount over the matchday prices (100% if you are U12).  That should be more than enough to encourage occasional attenders (who are able to do so) to come more often.  Anyone able to attend the majority of games who' hasn't got a season ticket is not going to be persuaded by a £12 matchday ticket price....after all, why pay £12 every other week when they could get a season ticket and pay less than £10 per game?

Average ticket in Vancouver is about 20 dollars ($20. Can). That's about 13-to 14 piounds,

As an experiment I think the club should try reducing the price for the next two to three home matches just to get data and see what happens. i.e if the SFL allows this,of course.

St Johnstone offer 1 adult and up to 2 children into their family stand for £15. Caley charge double that for an adult and 2 children and I know they do free season tickets for u12s when buying an adult ticket but not everyone can afford the price of a season ticket.

St Johnstone offer 1 adult and up to 2 children into their family stand for £15. Caley charge double that for an adult and 2 children and I know they do free season tickets for u12s when buying an adult ticket but not everyone can afford the price of a season ticket.

There has hardly been a stampede of fans anxious to take the Perth Saints up on that offer.

Average ticket in Vancouver is about 20 dollars ($20. Can). That's about 13-to 14 piounds,

As an experiment I think the club should try reducing the price for the next two to three home matches just to get data and see what happens. i.e if the SFL allows this,of course.

Some seasons ago Motherwell experimented with heavily discounting ticket prices for a protracted period in the hope that crowds would swell. It didn't happen to any great extent and they ended up in administration.

If you bought an adult ST and got 2 free U12s in the family section paid it over 12 months it would be under £21 a month. Works out at about £13 a game, very good value imo.

I do feel sorry for the away fans who take kids aged between 13 and 15 as £16 is quite a lot for that age.

• Agree 1

SPFL would allow it, but the season ticket holders who have purchased tickets based on the average gate price might not be so happy