FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Helping out Hearts

Fraz

DraganICT: Opinion is fine, and I for one am not looking to change yours, tell you that yours is wrong, or stop you having one, but wind yer neck in FFS !!!! When you start making your posts more about the posters than the topic, especially in such a derisory manner, then it steps over the line.

• Agree 7

DraganICT: Opinion is fine, and I for one am not looking to change yours, tell you that yours is wrong, or stop you having one, but wind yer neck in FFS !!!! When you start making your posts more about the posters than the topic, especially in such a derisory manner, then it steps over the line.

Give it a rest Scotty!

Not pulling "rank" in any way, just trying stimulate informed banter. BTW, I seriously hope you weren'y watching footie before I was born or you're in danger of being incredibly old!

I am old but certainly not infirm.

And certainly not fecking oldfirm

Scotty

If you read back I think you will find  I took more incoming than I gave out. It seems that certain forum members can dish it out but not take it.

If someone tries to beat me down because they boast about being a banker then yes I will respond.

Why have you pulled me up on this?

Dragan

BTW the way I make no apology for detesting Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee United, St Johnstone, Livingston. Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Airdrie and Gretna (I don't hate Co*nty just feel sorry for them). Please accept my apologies in advance for any negative comments that I make about these organisations in the future.

Oh, come on Dragan.  Surely someone as knowledgeable as yourself, with such a superior intellect, doesn't have to resort to cheap attempts at put downs and school boy insults.  Put some of that superior economic acumen into action and make a proper case as to why the offer to Hearts fans is, as you claim, bad business.

You're being judged by the masses here.  If you are going to step in and save the club and fans from themselves then this is an ideal opportunity for you to highlight why Kenny Cameron, and those who support his decision to implement the Hearts offer, have got it so wrong.

Put me in my place and show me why my background in financial services and business analysis just isn't enough.  I'm clearly missing some key issue whereby attracting more people through the turnstiles does not equate to more money in the clubs pocket....and at a ratio of more than 3:1 compared with what is being offered to Hearts fans, and doing so whilst protecting the normal average income from the fixture.

P.S.  I didn't try and "beat you down", you claimed I "clearly have not got any background in business or economics" and I merely corrected you.  Out of interest, what do you believe makes you more qualified than the teachers, accountants, business owners and those capable of simple mathematics who you've put down in the last couple of days?

• Agree 2

I think the ICT Board are doing a remarkable job. In these times of austerity I have 100% respect for the job that they are doing on and of the park. What they have done for our club in a controlled and studious manner is nothing short of amazing in what are challenging times for clubs, business and commerce.

On this occasion i disagree with Mr Cameron's decision and I am sure that he respects my view whilst maybe not agreeing with it. I most certainly respect his entitlement to and opinion and I also respect his authority to make a decision.

I am stepping in nowhere (too busy elsewhere for that)  but will carry on buying my tickets, pies, merchandise whilst helping out where I can.  

But anything we can do to assist the board would be admirable because between now and 2020 there could still be difficult commercial challenges both within and outside football.

Why did you feel the need to quote your CV on of all things a football forum?  

I think the ICT Board are doing a remarkable job. In these times of austerity I have 100% respect for the job that they are doing on and of the park. What they have done for our club in a controlled and studious manner is nothing short of amazing in what are challenging times for clubs, business and commerce.

On this occasion i disagree with Mr Cameron's decision and I am sure that he respects my view whilst maybe not agreeing with it. I most certainly respect his entitlement to and opinion and I also respect his authority to make a decision.

I am stepping in nowhere (too busy elsewhere for that)  but will carry on buying my tickets, pies, merchandise whilst helping out where I can.  

But anything we can do to assist the board would be admirable because between now and 2020 there could still be difficult commercial challenges both within and outside football.

ps I am a supporter with an opinion

Because you claimed I had no background in business or economics!!!

BTW, no need for you to give me yours....I've already conducted my due diligence in that regard.

Scotty

If you read back I think you will find  I took more incoming than I gave out. It seems that certain forum members can dish it out but not take it.

If someone tries to beat me down because they boast about being a banker then yes I will respond.

Dragan

Inserting your own name at the end of the post eh....Wait a minute....it can't be....

Hello Dougal!

*Renegade waves to Dougal!* :wave:

• Agree 1

I will use your own posts to illustrate !

Our role should not be to help finance Heart's successes of the past few years. It is none of our business. Have you conducted due dilligence on this organisation that you are proposing to finance. Do you even know who they are?

You clearly have not got any background in business or economics.

No economic evaluation required Oh Wise One

Here, you express your opinion, nothing wrong with that, then ask a question, again nothing wrong with that, then you make an assumption, and in your follow up post get just a little derisory ... overall, nothing much wrong.

1.  The offer protects ICT's financial position as income from the average visiting club is ring-fenced.  i.e. no split of income will be offered from the first 650 tickets.

2.  The club will benefit to the tune of £15 for every additional (full paying) Hearts fan that attends as a result of the offer.

3.  Your claims that this somehow supports a corrupt regime are unfounded.

4.  Yes, as a matter of fact I did do some due diligence on the 1874 Fighting Fund...maybe you should too before digging yourself a deeper hole.

5.  Qualified as a Financial Consultant aged 18, held position as Senior Compliance Auditor, Senior Risk Management Officer, Head Analyst (Change Management), Project Manager (Change Management)...all for a major banking group.  Does that count as having a sufficient background in business or economics to allow me to comment on this subject?

CaleyD responds to your questions in items 1-4 with his answers, nothing wrong with that, then he addresses your assumption that he has no economic/financial background, and chooses to ignore your sarcasm. Again, just banter here, nothing wrong.

All for a major banking group? Check you out! All for a major banking group?

That instills trust in us all oh wise one. All for a major banking group? I would be keeping that to myself sonny after the recent performance of MAJOR BANKING GROUPS. You could be unemployable with a CV like that my boy. Especially if you are now backing UKIOS Bank Group.

Sorry in answer to question number 5 you are probably the last person I would ask on this subject.

ALL FOR A MAJOR BANKING GROUP. Who the feck do you think you are? 

HE SHREDS WHEN HE WANTS

HE SHREDS WHEN HE WANTS

FRED THE SHRED 

WORKS FOR THE BANK

HE WORKS FOR THE BANK

HE WORKS FOR THE BANK

TRUST MEEEEEEE

I WORK FOR THE BANK

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!

This is where you step over the line. This is not banter, this is just puerile. You asked the f****** question, or rather made the assumption he had no qualifications, and when he makes the point that he does you choose to go beyond banter into abuse. Rather than ask him who the feck he thinks he is, I would ask the same question of you !

Dragan,

As Chairman of caley Jags Together, I was genuinely interested in your ideas about membership etc, and would have raised them at my next meeting with Kenny Cameron. In light of that last post - won't be happening. I realise that you appear to be new around this forum and appear to be wanting to point score, but that is out of order. If someone presents you with  a counter argument, could you do them the good grace of arguing back instead of spewing vitriol at someone you don't know. That's how we work. If you want to discuss your ideas, PM me please - but don't expect me to get into a haranguing match on this forum. Cheers, Davie Balfour.

In my opinion you used your status to take a shot at me and I can assure I don't back down to cheap shots. Not from you or anybody else. If I have anything to say to Kenny Cameron on a commercial basis (and yes I have some positive ideas that may or may not involve you) I will talk to the club directlly. I hope to do this soon on a schools season iticket nitiative backed by some businesses.

If you send outgoing fire then please expect some incoming fire!

There is really good fun on the forum and I treat it as good fun. Bit of banter here and a bit of banter there. I thought publishing your CV online was quite ridiculous.

I have been on the forum before and I can assure you that I watched Caley with my Dad in the days of Clyne, Pressley, Allan, Park, Urquart, Caldwell, Johnston etc before you were born and I regularly stood in the Howden End before you were born so don't give me the newcomer attitude. 

There is no harm in stimulating debate but do not even attempt to pull rank!!!!!!! I will continue to express  my opinion

You have been taking shots at others all through this topic! You are entitled to your opinion, and as I said before, not going to try and change your mind on that, nor stop you from expressing it, but we do draw the line when it crosses over from banter into abuse or vitriol.

You say you have some positive ideas, and if they will benefit ICT then great, 100% behind you, but it is hard to feel confident when you seem to need to berate or belittle others to get your point across. 

Scotty

I did read back the thread and would disagree. You have an opinion which you are entitled to, and which you are at pains to point out will not be stifled, that's fair enough, but you seem to want to trample all over the opinions of others and deny them that same entitlement. That is not reasoned debate.

To talk about your very specific example, he didnt try to beat you down, or boast about his former career (he got out long before Fred the Shred days), he simply rebuffed your assertion that "You clearly have not got any background in business or economics" so you were the one dishing it out !!!

Why have I pulled you up on this? Because this thread is turning into a bunch of personal insults between a few posters and has gone beyond off-topic into "time to close it" territory. In re-reading this post several times there is more than one culprit, but you are - in my opinion - the main one this time.

I will just remind everyone of Rule 1 for CTO ......

First and foremost, this is YOUR community and YOUR football club and we want all users of this site to feel welcome regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background or sexual preference. Over the years we have found that most site members have a common sense feel for what is and what is not appropriate in our forums and our members generally do a good job of policing themselves. Because of this we no longer feel the need to have a verbose set of do's and don'ts (mostly don'ts) but we do want to highlight a few general areas for everyone to refer to when the need arises and these are below:

• As mentioned above, we want all site users to feel welcome. This is paramount. However, like the majority of forums we suffer from having a minority of users who seek to disrupt the community by engaging in personal abuse, aggresive behaviour, and generally dragging threads away from the topic and into the personal. We have always, and will continue to take a dim view of this and members who consistently engage in this behaviour will soon find themselves becoming non-members !

this post is far better :smile:

ps I am a supporter with an opinion

would never have guessed :wink:

This talk about hearts is just nonsense as football fans why are guilty of being hypocritical and it is displayed hear. The money that the club is donating is going to a fund set up to help the fans pay some running costs of club while it is financial trouble e.g repairs to tynecastle as already said. My best mate who i met at uni is a jambo and he has changed his mind on numerous occasions about romanov, one minute he is saviour next minute he is ruining the club. So on that front yes they did lap it up during the good times but if Inverness where same position we would all be singing and dancing in the street. As a club we have come from a humble beginning and have done thing right from the start but hearts like many other clubs are victim to the period when Scottish football chased the big money and paid for players way to expensive and more fatally paid inflated wages which would never continue. In fact Romanov stopped hearts going bust when he bought them so this isnt a new thing under romanov. Scottish football is where it is now, will we see the days when a scottish club and compete in europe where it aint the old firm im not sure but clubs are more accepting that the heavy spending days are gone. As for hearts they never cheated when romanov pulled the plug the club shed lots of players to try and cut budgets but the damage was done. They are allowed to buy players like any club and so they didnt hve the money so what they got short term success but have paid for it now i mean are english clubs who are in masses of debt cheating because they buy very expensive players with high wages but because they can sustain the debt it isnt a problem. As for the semi final we never turned up and with Billy missing the easiest goal of the whole of last season we shot ourselves in the foot wilson and ngoo didnt exactly change the game ngoo scored but we dropped deeper and allowed hearts back into the game. I am led to believe they were both free loans and the 50,000 owed to Liverpool is some gate money that they didnt recieve from Hearts so there you go rant over everybody smile we are top of the league

• Agree 1

Dragan, you have posted elsewhere that fans should be doing more to take control of their clubs and having a say in how they are run....this seems to be in stark contrast to your comments and views on this thread.

ICT have protected their own financial position by ring-fencing the income from the average visiting Hearts support and are making a donation to a fans group who are helping to keep their club operating while another fans driven organisation attempts to find a way for their club to continue.

Nothing at all in any of that is damaging ICT....quite the opposite.  There's also no hint of supporting those responsible for Hearts getting into the position they have, nor is it supporting a return to a regime who are likely to run the club in similar fashion in the future (should they survive)....in fact, it's not supporting any of the groups looking to make a bid to take over the club.

Not only is your economic evaluation of the offer clearly wrong, your moral evaluation also seems to suffering somewhat as well.

Your post lacks cohesion and clarity. What are you trying to say? No matter how much you bleat my opinion will not change.

We have great board who apply a great deal of dilligence to the governance of our team.

Our role should not be to help finance Heart's successes of the past few years. It is none of our business. Have you conducted due dilligence on this organisation that you are proposing to finance. Do you even know who they are?

1.  The offer protects ICT's financial position as income from the average visiting club is ring-fenced.  i.e. no split of income will be offered from the first 650 tickets.

2.  The club will benefit to the tune of £15 for every additional (full paying) Hearts fan that attends as a result of the offer.

4.  Yes, as a matter of fact I did do some due diligence on the 1874 Fighting Fund...maybe you should too before digging yourself a deeper hole.

5.  Qualified as a Financial Consultant aged 18, held position as Senior Compliance Auditor, Senior Risk Management Officer, Head Analyst (Change Management), Project Manager (Change Management)...all for a major banking group.  Does that count as having a sufficient background in business or economics to allow me to comment on this subject?

That instills trust in us all oh wise one. All for a major banking group? I would be keeping that to myself sonny after the recent performance of MAJOR BANKING GROUPS. You could be unemployable with a CV like that my boy. Especially if you are now backing UKIOS Bank Group.

Sorry in answer to question number 5 you are probably the last person I would ask on this subject.

HE SHREDS WHEN HE WANTS

HE SHREDS WHEN HE WANTS

FRED THE SHRED 

WORKS FOR THE BANK

HE WORKS FOR THE BANK

HE WORKS FOR THE BANK

TRUST MEEEEEEE

I WORK FOR THE BANK

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!

post-4861-0-03037300-1377558413.jpg

Who on earth would have thought that a goodwill gesture that potentially benefits both clubs could generate such heated debate. If more than the average Hearts support turn up their supporters group benefits and ICT coffers benefit three times as much. Am I missing something ?

Who on earth would have thought that a goodwill gesture that potentially benefits both clubs could generate such heated debate. If more than the average Hearts support turn up their supporters group benefits and ICT coffers benefit three times as much. Am I missing something ?

I don't think you are missing anything.  It seems that simple to me. Win/win for both ICT and Hearts supporters. It seems to be mainly our fire breathing poster who is up tight about it.

Dragan, you have posted elsewhere that fans should be doing more to take control of their clubs and having a say in how they are run....this seems to be in stark contrast to your comments and views on this thread.

ICT have protected their own financial position by ring-fencing the income from the average visiting Hearts support and are making a donation to a fans group who are helping to keep their club operating while another fans driven organisation attempts to find a way for their club to continue.

Nothing at all in any of that is damaging ICT....quite the opposite.  There's also no hint of supporting those responsible for Hearts getting into the position they have, nor is it supporting a return to a regime who are likely to run the club in similar fashion in the future (should they survive)....in fact, it's not supporting any of the groups looking to make a bid to take over the club.

Not only is your economic evaluation of the offer clearly wrong, your moral evaluation also seems to suffering somewhat as well.

Your post lacks cohesion and clarity. What are you trying to say? No matter how much you bleat my opinion will not change.

We have great board who apply a great deal of dilligence to the governance of our team.

HE SHREDS WHEN HE WANTS

HE SHREDS WHEN HE WANTS

FRED THE SHRED 

WORKS FOR THE BANK

HE WORKS FOR THE BANK

HE WORKS FOR THE BANK

TRUST MEEEEEEE

I WORK FOR THE BANK

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!

Can you give us another verse of that song?  It's a cracker!