FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should we build a fourth stand

Caol jag

I see, is it not overgrown with bushes? I've just started cycling there to avoid the parking malarky and to burn of a few calories. Seems I made a good choice given the traffic issues! Cycle racks? :furtive: Chained to lamp post outside the north stand I'm afraid. :lol: I can't even take my water bottle with me though as I wouldn't be allowed in the ground with it. Could put it behind reception I guess.

No, it's the strip of metalling right beside the firth, parallel to the road. Actually I'm not totally convinced that the club ever did fulfil the planning requirement about the cycle racks but I'd better not say any more since there may be some Council Jobsworth reading this!

And I do take your point about the "parking malarky", given that the police have pledged to get tough on people parking harmlessly on the verge beside the road.

In complete contrast, anyone attending Ness Bank Church on a Sunday morning can seemingly park anywhere they like actually ON the road and irrespective of the traffic chaos this causes along the Haugh and Castle Road.

Could not agree more, double standards ahoy. Here's a quote from a post I made over a year ago when they announced they were clamping down-

"Indeed, my point is that surely we can ask for some common sense to be applied to the situation (which is what we ask of refs all the time) as the vehicles I'm talking about are causing no danger to or disruption to traffic flow or pedestrians. So could some common sense be used and say fair enough these guys aren't harming anyone, it's for one afternoon every 2 weeks whats the downside? If people are parking on pavements or on the road causing a blockage fair enough ticket them, I've got no issue with that. Seems the police have no problem with church goers parking every which way on a Sunday around the Haugh Rd, Riverside area, could the same leniency not be shown to footie fans?"

Hope you are enjoying your retirement from teaching btw, Mr Boardman was in Charleston recently and mentioned you were hanging up your Bunsen burners.

Edited by fraz

I see, is it not overgrown with bushes? I've just started cycling there to avoid the parking malarky and to burn of a few calories. Seems I made a good choice given the traffic issues! Cycle racks?  :furtive:  Chained to lamp post outside the north stand I'm afraid.  :lol: I can't even take my water bottle with me though as I wouldn't be allowed in the ground with it. Could put it behind reception I guess.

No, it's the strip of metalling right beside the firth, parallel to the road. Actually I'm not totally convinced that the club ever did fulfil the planning requirement about the cycle racks but I'd better not say any more since there may be some Council Jobsworth reading this!

And I do take your point about the "parking malarky", given that the police have pledged to get tough on people parking harmlessly on the verge beside the road.

In complete contrast, anyone attending Ness Bank Church on a Sunday morning can seemingly park anywhere they like actually ON the road and irrespective of the traffic chaos this causes along the Haugh and Castle Road.

The path all the way from the bridge, right round past the stadium and as far as the junction at Century House is designated cycle path...from there in to the roundabout at Friars Bridge it's "on-road".  There's definitely cycle racks, although I've never counted how many bikes they could cater for.

Mr Boardman - the physics teacher - or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah that's the fella.

Good bloke - enjoyed his classes way back then and the Engineering Science stuff with Mr Fitzpatrick. They have a lot to answer for that pair. Never had much time for Chemistry though ;-)

Anyway enough off topic.

• Agree 1

I think if ever we are to build a fan holding area in that vicinity then I believe it would have to be a standing area of some description. However...

Better solutions would be a) a wall with a lovely picture of fans on it. Just to tidy things up. Be reasonably cheap I'd have thought.b) large scale advertising hoardings. Might cost more to erect, but a potential money spinner. c)Some sort of fan post match area as suggested earlier.

If we do any further stand improvements in the future I'd implore the club to do something about the uncovered ends on the main stand. It just looks silly and why should anyone sit there when there is no covering. With seating you need covering. And if they extended the roof to the ends then element covers on the sides of that stand would then be conceivable. Make the current facilities better before building addition parts.